I have to do this!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by annie68
    on

Hello to everyone.
    I am 48 years old and have reached a stage in my life where if I don’t do something now I never will.
    I am very overweight and have been most of my life off and on.
    I have high cholesterol but haven’t been checked for diabetes, but I’m sure it’s not far off!
    I saw Dr Mosley on the Wright stuff and something triggered in my head…….maybe this was the one for me. I bought the book straight away and couldn’t put it down. Diets have failed in the past because everything was so slow and I gave up hope.
    My weaknesses are bread, crisps and cheese.
    My diet has always contained lots of veg(not so keen on fruit) as I love all veg. But my portion control was out of control!!
    I don’t eat meat but eat a little fish every now and then.
    Anyway I started BSD on the 13/3/16. My starting weight was 21-1. I lost 9lb in the first week and was so happy and motivated. I am now down to 19-12 and feeling good.
    But in the last 5 days the weightloss has slowed and I only lost 2lb in the last 5 days. I know to expect this but just wanted other peoples experiences who have a lot to lose.
    I feel really good although on occasion I am a little light headed….but it passes.
    Anyway I just wanted to say hi……..I only found this forum yesterday and have spent many hours reading through all the posts! I thought I had nothing to lose (no pun intended!) by joining and sharing experiences with others and maybe sometimes offering and getting support.
    I will update as I go along if that’s ok.
    Thanks for reading. xx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Welcome Annie
    As you’re in the first couple of weeks, your body will still be adjusting and getting into fat burning mode, this will cause slightly sporadic results but you will soon be in the swing of things.
    We are all individuals and lose weight at different rates so no one can predict how fast you will lose but you WILL lose weight if you stick to the plan.
    The fact is, you have lost almost a stone in under a fortnight and that is a great achievement!
    Keep doing what you’re doing, you seem to have it all together, and keep us informed of your progress as there is usually someone here with the answers to any problems you may encounter.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Annie

Bill is right, it will happen. Plateaus come along to test us, but if you stick with it, it will come right and the weight will be tumbling again. You have made an excellent start and must be really pleased, so use that positive to spur you forward and keep to the plan. I know it’s frustrating when things all but stall – been there myself – but don’t be down hearted, it will happen. It might be worth checking you are getting enough fat in your diet and that the carbs are not creeping up, but essentially, on 800cals a day you can’t fail to see results for long.

Definitely keep us posted on your progress and shout out if you need anything, as Bill said, someone will respond with advice and support.

• posted by annie68
    on

Thank you Sunny and Bill for the replies.
    I’ll put up yesterdays food and see if you think its balanced enough.
    Breakfast ; Greek yogurt with seeds sprinkled on top and a handful of blueberries.
    Lunch; I always have a nutribullet…love them. Yesterdays was swiss chard, 1/2 an avocado, watercress and a few raspberries.
    Dinner; Baked salmon, kale and roasted veg. (pepper, aubergine, onion and courgette with lots of lemon juice, olive oil and chilli).
    After writing it down ………..I’m not so sure!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Annie
    that doesn’t look too bad, maybe a little fat light. Are you using full fat yoghurt ?
    A little fat in the shake from the avacado and at dinner in the roasted veg.
    Nothing at all wrong with the veggie choices. Are you managing your 2 to 3 litres of non sugary fluids per day ?
    I think I would up my fat intake a little and force your digestion to work a bit harder for you.

• posted by annie68
    on

Hi Bill
    I have to admit I’m using Skyr natural yogurt. When I have finished the 2 tubs I have left I’m moving onto the Total Fage ones.
    I’m doing the fluids ok, just water and the occasional fruit tea or sparkling water with a squeeze of lime.
    I am still re-programming my brain that fat is good!! I have spent 30 years hearing low fat is the way to go……..obviously it wasn’t because it didn’t work!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi annie68

It does take a while to get your head around the full fat thing. It definitely feels counterintuitive and had me panicking for awhile. I think I agree with Bill though, if you up the fat a little more it should help. In a few days, you’re system will feel more balanced and the carb cravings will ease off, so keep going, you’ll be thrilled you did when you start to see the results.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hard isn’t it ? We have all been brainwashed by the low fat movement over such a long period of time.
    Go for the Fage, but don’t do what I did at the weekend. I picked up the tub of Fage, to find out when I got home that I had picked the 0% fat free version 🙁

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Annie, welcome to the family.

After all those years of being brainwashed by the low fat mantra, it’s not easy to find full fat natural yogurt, but it is there. Shelves of low-fat yogurts, with just a few full fat ones!

But the tide will turn 😃

• posted by annie68
    on

Thank you all…………I am feeling very positive.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Reported for spam, we don’t need the quack remedies

• posted by NewLife
    on

Spam alert above!! – snap, Bill!

Hi Annie, welcome. I’m newish (I’m in my 3rd week) and feeling more positive than I’ve done in many years. I lost 8lb in week 1 but then only 2lb in week 2 – many people here have experienced similar. Stick with it!

• posted by annie68
    on

Hi thank you for the messages(apart from the spam!).
    Well i’m on day 19 and I’m down to 19-11 so that’s 18lbs, so far, which I’m so pleased about……….but I have a lot to shift so it’s only a small dent but I’m feeling really good. Still get lightheaded every now and then but not too bad.
    I have a question. I love cheese……a lot. I had a bit of feta over the last few days and it was lovely. Is there any cheese anyone can recommend that I can have in moderation because it’s the only thing I’m missing. I have no cravings for anything sweet at all which is so good!
    The weight loss has really slowed but I’m looking at the bigger picture and I really think I can do this.
    Thank you to everyone who has replied…….as time goes on I will get more involved with other peoples posts etc, this is the first time I’ve joined a forum so it’ll take a while to get into the swing of things.
    My children are going away today and I have a whole week to myself and I must admit I can’t wait……I love them dearly but I’m looking forward to the quiet!
    Fridge is full of healthy stuff and I’m going to up the exercise.
    Thanks for reading xx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Annie
    I’ve had mature cheddar, goats cheese, and feta on the diet, all ok as long as you count them in your calories, remember fat is good.
    My top tip with cheese is to grat it as fine as you can, a little goes a long way then and it seems to be more than it is.
    18lbs gone in just 19 days, almost a pound a day, well done you, picture that as 36 packs of lard, that’s what has gone from your body.

Please log in or register to post a reply.