I HAVE A PLAN!!: WEEK 5 – 21st Aug

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Kicking this thread off, for others that might like to join me on another weekly challenge. My plan for this week is to throw in some intermittent fasting, make sure to move about frequently and to keep the carbs well under control.

What’s your plan for the week?

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks for starting a new thread Sunny.
    My plan for this week is quite simple …. to simply get back on track from Thursday, so five days to make an impression.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Best of luck with it V, hope it goes well and please keep us posted on progress.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Plan for the week is to eat BSD to keep blood sugars OK. As we are away I have no access to scales so will have to do it by guesswork – so hopefully I will maintain. The food here is lovely – so I am just going to relax and enjoy it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia sounds like a good idea, after all we have to enjoy life!
    Sunny I will report I promise. My first will be after my weigh-in on Thursday when normal service is resumed! After almost a week of waking up and staring in mirrored wardrobes next to the bed the mind really is focused! There is no getting away from the fact that the ‘odd few’ pounds that I’ve put on this year are actually ‘quite a lot’ and I can ‘see’ them in all their glory! When standing in front of a mirror it’s far easier to kid yourself that you look good ….. sitting down shows a whole different picture!
    Being depressed and miserable about the gains is just not the answer. I just have to spend time each day sat down in front of the mirror to see the real horror which, I know, will help me stay on track!

• posted by Micmac
    on

Hi all I’m new here hope it’s ok to join in on your chat. I’m new to the BSD but am loving reading all your success stories. I’ve had success before with low carb high fat but the more I read about bsd the more I feel it will fit better into daily life. Looking forward to losing some weight and keeping it off!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome aboard Micmac, good to have you with us. If you’ve done low carb before, I’m sure you will get to grips with the BSD quickly and will soon see the pounds dropping. You’ll find a warm welcome on any of the threads you feel relevant to you and that you’d like to join. This weekly challenge is simply here to help those of us on it, to focus and to provide a place for us to share ideas and vent if necessary – it also helps to keep us accountable, if we ‘publicise’ our plan for the week.

We will look forward to hearing about your plan, your progress and will be here to offer support, information and a pat on the back as required. Please be sure to keep us posted – will be looking forward to your updates.

• posted by Micmac
    on

Hi Sunny thank you for a lovely welcome. I’m struggling to eat well with it being school holidays I’m out of normal routine, lots of picnics with friends etc.. Anyway enough excuses! So I’m joining you with a weight of 11stone 10. Goal weight is 10 stone. I’d like to weigh in next Monday at 11,8. It’ll be tricky as we’re away for a long weekend but I know I can do it!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Micmac – as you are going to be away for a long w/e, it might be useful to think about a plan/strategy for keeping things in control, before you leave home. For instance if you are going to be eating out, how will you apply the BSD principles? Will you drink alcohol and if so how much will you permit yourself? If you think about these things now, you are more likely to be mindful while you are away and not give yourself carte blanche to consume anything and everything. Be sure to relax and enjoy your time away though.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. I wasn’t going to join this week, since I have guests arriving on Friday. But then it is probably all the more important to have a plan! So I’m going to have a strict 2 1/2 days to get as much wriggle room as possible, stay off the worst carbs all week, and have wine on two of the four evenings when guests are here. Hopefully that should not create too much damage. Expect radio silence until next Tuesday!

• posted by Micmac
    on

Hi Sunny fortunately I’m staying with family so will be fairly easy to take my own food and keep some control. I’ve decided I’m not going to drink at all and will also probably just eat one meal a day as I think I’ll find it easier that way and just take the opportunity to drink lots and lots of water!. Hopefully should be BBQ weather still.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That certainly makes life easier, Micmac. At least you know there will be BSD friendly foods and have a plan re: alcohol. I’m sure you will find that you make a loss for the week, even given your long w/e away.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well the truth is revealed! Much to my amazement I have gained less than 1lb. I was really expecting a gain of four or five pounds given the amount of cheese I’ve eaten over the last week. Plus the crackers, nuts and three meals a day! Also, I’ve used my scooter quite a lot so I’ve not even been walking very much. I can only say that I’m hugely relieved. So feeling like I have been let of very lightly, I’m ready to start again today …. I promise to do my best for the rest of this week!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Brilliant news, V!! That’s a great result and means you can be back on track quickly. Cheese is a big temptation to me too – in fact I had some cheddar with some almond crackers for lunch yesterday. I still have 4.2lb to drop, to be back where I was before our extended break in Turkey. Times ticking and we are only about six weeks off our return there, so I really need to get a grip and sort myself out. So far this week, things are moving in the right direction, but I’ll only report on overall progress at the end of the week’s challenge.

Hope everyone is managing to stick to their plan this week and is seeing progress in the right direction.

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Sunny I am back on track this morning with renewed vigour! I have always been fond of cheese but when we are away we tend to share a cheese plate after a meal rather than be tempted by the gooey sugary desserts. I must admit they don’t really appeal to me anymore and to be honest the only desserts I used to enjoy very occasionally were apple pie, home made pavlova and lemon meringue pie. So I’m not really a dessert person anyway.
    Would you consider taking some scales to Turkey? I know you are on holiday but it’s more like your ‘other life’. We never had extended stays in our apartment, usually around 3 to 4 weeks four or five times a year, but I always felt as though I was coming home to my ‘real’ life here. I weighed daily, as I do here, and I have to say it never spoiled my holiday. I had a trigger weight at which I would just be a little more vigilant. This year I’ve lost the plot because we have been away a lot in places without my scales! I need my scales! Hope you lose the small gain before your next trip, I’m sure you will!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – that’s great news. 1lb is such a small gain.
    We are back in Norfolk after our lovely holiday.

On Wednesday evening I had a dilemma. Do I have the rump of lamb with a salad (the sensible choice) or as it was on the menu with caponata (a Sicilian vegetable stew with sweet and sour aubergines) – the not so sensible choice but oh so delicious.

As I know that cooked tomatoes and onions spike my BS and so would any added sugar – it really wasn’t sensible but it was so lovely. So BS 9.4 two hours after eating it then some quite wild swings up to 8.6 on Thursday – even though I was under 20g carbs and only ate food I know doesn’t spike my BS. Back to normal BS today – thank goodness – so hopefully no harm done.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

8st.13 and 1/4lb – so up a 1lb which I am really happy with as I want to stay just under 9st. Am posting a day early as we are shortly off to Sevenoaks to visit daughter and family.

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia you have done so well over the last few months being so vigilant. It’s paying off!
    Sorry I’ve not contributed much to this thread. Hope everyone, if there is anybody out there, is doing well. September, and the end of the summer, is almost upon us and hopefully the autumn will bring with it renewed enthusiasm for this WOL.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on staying under 9st, Krysia. Verano, I’m confident you will be back with renewed determination and will be achieving the losses you are seeking again soon.

The scales were okay this morning, but I’m not confident they will be when it matters tomorrow morning. Regardless, I will be pressing ahead with a view to building that much desire wriggle room.

Does someone else want to kick off a new weekly challenge thread tomorrow? If not, I don’t mind picking up the ball and starting a new I HAVE A PLAN thread again.

Looking forward to reading everyone’s end of week results tomorrow ….

• posted by caronl
    on

SunnyB Thank you for doing this thread, and yes please to your starting the next one. Might it be clearer in the title if we say “starting 28 August”? Although I haven’t been very active on the thread this week, it has been a useful discipline in my head during the temptations of entertaining our guests!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Sunny, Verano, and all! I am still here. Thank you for continueing the thread. Anyone see skinny?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just thought I’d let you know, I’ve set up the thread for the coming week – took on board your suggestion to add the word ‘starting’ before the date, caronl. Hope to see all the participants on this thread moving across and publishing their plan for the week. Violinist, I don’t recall seeing any posts by skinny for awhile – forgive me skinny if I’m wrong!

I’ll be reporting my week’s result here tomorrow and then posting a plan on the new thread, so please do join me and make the next week a really focused and BSD active one. Looking forward to ‘seeing’ you all on the Week 6 challenge and hopefully we might be joined by one or two new ‘faces’ as well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.