I HAVE A PLAN!!: WEEK 4 – 14th Aug

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Kicking this thread off now, as I have quite a bit going on tomorrow and don’t want to forget. Will try to report my scales results though.

Plan for the week will be to continue moving around more, watching the carbs and being sure to keep the hydration up. We’re camping at the end of the week, so things could get a bit iffy, will do my best though.

Hope to see others wanting to continue on the one week at a time challenge joining this thread.

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Hi SunnyB and thanks for the thread. Two weeks on hols in the sun has done me the world of good but it’s time to rein in those little (and not so little) cheats I’ve indulged in while on vacation. The plan is to weigh myself (agh! I hate scales) and get back on the pony of following a fairly diligent WOE. BP was heading in the right direction and I’m keen to keep things going that way. Must say the joy of being on holiday feeling and looking well was absolutely wonderful. No swimsuit terror or just feeling fatigued from bad diet. I am so pleased to have found this WOE to come back to.

TB

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Am joining this challenge also as I find the weekly challenges very helpful.

No weight loss goals this week because I have a three week break from teaching and I will be spending many hours at the computer as it is my end of year accounts and I have heaps of admin, lesson planning etc to do. Plus we will be going away to for a few days to The Crown and Castle at Orford with the doggies. The food is absolutely fabulous and so is that part of Suffolk. I am so looking forward to it – we had to cancel last year because husband broke hip.

Then we will be visiting one daughter in Kent and the other daughter is coming up for a few days. So it will be lovely seeing grandchildren and am looking forward to a change in routine – even though it looks that it will be slightly hectic.

IF will probably be out of the question but I will keep to 20g carbs but not restricting calories. Will continue to restrict blood testing – you wouldn’t believe how much money I am saving. Well actually I am not saving anything because I am spending it on lovely pampering creams. I bought some Neals Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm which is so versatile as it can be used in face, hair or anywhere on the body that is dry – with some of the money I have ‘saved’.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thanks for this, Sunny. I’m also in! 🙂

• posted by caronl
    on
  • posted by alliecat
    on

Well done, Sunny! I lost track of the fact that we’re at tuesday of this week, and it’s time for a new weekly
    challenge. Thank you for posting a new one! I find it enormously helpful to focus on a goal for the week to
    keep everything fresh. I had a very good week changing up the IF routine daily, and this may be the one
    where I succeed at a full 24hrs. I’m getting close at 22:2 🙂 I haven’t checked the tape measure yet, but
    weight is holding steady…
    Very much gratitude to Krysia for helping me to focus on learning this new skill. It only took me 2 years!
    I really appreciate knowing where to find you all each day, too 🙂
    Have a great day, everyone, one day at a time! See you all tomorrow…

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see a few folks along on another week’s challenge. Love the sound of the Wild Rose Balm, Krysia – will be searching online for that I think! caronl – not sure what happened to your post – I’m sure I read in on email, but it seems to have disappeared on the thread.

My report for the beginning of this week, is that in the end I was a bit disappointed with my end of week 3 result, which ended up being just on target rather than under, which is my aim as I desperately want to build in some wriggle room again, before we go away again around the end of September. We are off camping with the grandchildren from Thursday through to Sunday, so it’s going to be a case of doing the best I can for that time, so I think this week is going to be thin on results too. However, having a weekly challenge thread helps to keep me focused and conscious that I need to be mindful of what I consume.

Let’s try to stay focused people and be able to report something positive this time next week!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi I’ll come along for the ride too but I’m afraid I’m not setting any goals at the moment. I do hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi SunnyB. Thank you for setting up the thread. I shall be joining you all. Just want to refocus, lose a pesky 0.5 kg that has crept on, and then enjoy the wriggle room when guests arrive towards the end of the month. Main points in my plan are: stay off the wine, walk the dog even further, stop pinching my husband’s chocolate, and go to bed earlier to get more sleep. Best wishes to all fellow planners.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Caron, V., and Kazzi, glad that you’ll be joining us!
    Caron, one of your posts earlier today disappeared! I’m always interested in your comments,…can you
    repost it?

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Allie I don’t have the earlier post any more. You haven’t missed anything useful so don’t worry. But thank you for your kind comment!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi lovely planners
    May I join your target week. I need to get control of my eating again as it’s the only thing I will be able to control LOL
    So today is day one and I’m aiming to stick to plan all week and loose as much as I can to spur me on, and get the recipe books out and sort out yummy recipes to shop for tomorrow morning.
    Very busy few weeks ahead, but I know I will feel better being committed to the BSD. So this is just to give myself a shake up and get planning.
    Jan 🙋

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey there Greenjanet – good to have you along for the weekly challenge. Sounds like you have a definite plan to take you through the week. Hope you get what you need from it, giving you the BSD focus you need to carry your through.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Thx sunnyB
    Good to be focused on something positive 🙋

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jan you are right we all need to be ‘focused on something positive ‘ no matter how large or small that target is it’s just good to focus.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi verano
    Thx for the message 🙋

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We’re off on the camping trip tomorrow, so I’ll be absent for the next few days. Just thought I’d pop in to say hope you all manage to be on plan for the rest of the week and have a good BSD w/e. This morning I was reasonably happy with the reading on the scales, so in a fairly good place before our mini-break.

Keep on keeping on everyone.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh found something very bsd friendly and delicious in Aldi today it’s brown and yellow packs of ready to go chickpeas and curried lentils
    It’s a 250g pack and I had half which heats in 1 min was minimal cals but 17 carbs but for me it was a nice curry treat and very convinient and was lovely with some 🥗

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Actually 146 cals for a half pack

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Might have had a few wobbly days : / …
    I have managed to be diligent during the day and with 3 kids off school that is no mean feat, as I’m sure many of you know. But a couple of evenings out have involved alcohol and downright taboo food choices! So out of the past 3 days, I’ve had one genuinely good day. Ah well, all one can do is keep going and be thankful that I am at least aware of what a bad food choice entails – 6 months ago I was not nearly as clear on that as now.

I’ve gone back to logging my day’s eating on Fat Secret in order to maintain a sense of vigilance and of course there are no nights out planned for a while so I should be able to get it together. The scales have not yet been trod upon either … I don’t like the way they are staring at me … :0

Love the sound of the rose balm, KrysiaD – I shall look it up. And I agree on the curried lentils and chickpeas, GreenJanet – I took the Jamie Oliver version camping earlier in the year and found them perfect alternatives to the usual hi refined carb camp fare.
    Wish me luck and have a good one all x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Trundlebug good luck we can all do it 🙋

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning folks! Hanging in over here in Florida. Grand girls gone and more visitors coming. House closings and moving happening.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Violinist. 😁. Sounds busy! Keep on hanging in there, we can do this!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Kazz!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weighing in today as we are shortly off on holiday so no scales tomorrow. 8 stone 12 and 1/4lbs. A 1/4lb loss from last week. Have had a lovely weekend with daughter and family. Ate lovely food – no intermittent fasting – nor for the next few days. The food where we are staying is always divine so looking forward to it and relaxing.

We went dog walking early and a fellow dog walker said that we looked so tired – and we are. Grandchildren are so well behaved, but it is exhausting as they are so full of energy.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Krysia! I know what you mean about grandchildren! Wishing you a lovely holiday.
    No weighing this week for me as I’m away and not really sure when I will weigh again. We have been eating some really great food BSD friendly for 95% of the time but just too much cheese, some wonderful cheddars and Stiltons! Anyway, life is for the living and we are doing are best to LIVE! I will get on the scales on Thursday morning to assess the damage and then it will be back to the grindstone!
    Hope everyone has had a good week and that there will be a Week 5 … anyone???

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you have been enjoying your time with your grand children, Krysia. We had a good camping trip with ours. Weather was kind and everyone had a good time – mission accomplished!

Can’t believe that we are another week down on the weekly challenges. Checking back, even with being rather off piste while we were away for four days, I have end the week 0.2lb lighter than this time last week. Not a huge amount admittedly, but in the right direction. Still looking to build that wriggle room and now that the camping trip is done, I have some clear time with no excuses to work on that, so I will kick of a Week 5 thread, if anyone else is interested in joining me. Hope to see you there.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all I am down 0.3 kilos, so going in the right direction. Thank you SunnyB for setting this up. The challenge stopped me going off track at least twice!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – great that you have been eating 95% BSD. I also do love cheese. Yesterday – after a positively saintly dinner – I thought I would have the cheese platter without the biscuits for a desert. There were 5 delicious cheeses on it – the only problem was that each cheese looked about the same amount of cheese I would normally eat in one day. Although it was way too much cheese I still managed to eat it all.

Tonight I will ask for a couple of coffees with cream instead of a desert as I couldn’t eat that much cheese two days running.

SunnyB and Caroni – congratulations on your weight loss. It’s great to be going in the right direction.

We are sitting relaxing on our own private patio at our hotel after a relaxing day walking around Orford and Thorpeness and along the coastal path.

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia what a great idea! I share a cheese plate with my OH but still eat too much when a creamy coffee would probably hit the spot just as well without all those calories. It’s so difficult to resist cheese when away and at home I wouldn’t dream of making a cheese board , unless we have guests! Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Please log in or register to post a reply.