I HAVE A PLAN – Week 13 starting Oct 16

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Onward, fellow travelers! Lucky 13….Let’s do it πŸ™‚ We can burn up these weeks before the
    holidays. Lurkers and newbies, we’d be overjoyed to have you with us. Come aboard…All
    levels of expertise welcome! We try to keep this thread lively and active, and newcomers
    help to make that happen πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

Hi Allie,
    Thanks for starting this challenge. I’ve lost the 3 pounds I gained. So defo back on track!!!

So I read that its your 70th πŸŽ‰soon. What do you have planned for it? All things lovely I hope? Will be raising a BSD friendly bubbly in good ole blighty on Thursday πŸ₯‚

Looking forward to this week (my 6th) onwards and downwards here we go. See you all here 😘

• posted by alliecat
    on

I had no doubt whatsoever that you’d be back on track, EclecticR! It feels good, doesn’t it?
    Very very sweet of you to offer up a toast for the birthday..Much appreciated. You mentioned
    somewhere on the forums today that blogging is a new experience for you. I’m not really
    a fan of social media, either. When I started posting here about 14 months ago, I surprised
    myself, and the friends and family that are part of my day to day world were flabbergasted that
    I would do such a thing. It has been a life changing event, meeting so many bright, generous
    women. I’m so happy that you’ve found us too!

• posted by alliecat
    on

So sorry, I’ve been meaning to post this cautionary tale about acquiring new footwear while
    traveling this road…I try to repost this every month or two. Many of us who begin this
    journey with significant weight to lose never take into consideration that not only do our
    bodies shrink, but so do our feet! Tip of the day…If you can avoid buying new shoes until
    you are close to target, it’s a good idea. I’ve dropped 1 1/2 shoe sizes, and I think JGwen
    has had the same experience. I thought that once our feet had stretched, it wouldn’t be
    physiologically possible to return to a former size, but it is absolutely true. I have a pair
    of bedroom slippers that were once too tight and pinched my feet, and now I walk right
    out of them πŸ™‚ It is a crazy experience! See you all tomorrow…

• posted by JGwen
    on

I am definitely down a shoe size. My suspicion is that my ankles are smaller so my foot fits further back in the shoe.
    I like the idea of practising wearing heels before going shopping for new shoes with a heel Allie. – I want to get some new ankle boots with an elegant heel, but their first outing in public will be at a wedding reception where the evening is based around a twmpath. (Welsh folk dancing)

• posted by alliecat
    on

That sounds like wonderful fun, JGwen! Have you had time to find the little black lace party dress yet?
    I was looking at some online catalogs today, and came across some leggings with a fleece
    lining…I remembered that you told us that you had purchased some fun wellies, but didn’t
    know if you’d be able to tuck trousers into them. How about fleece leggings? That might work!
    I’ve been meaning to mention it πŸ™‚ I have to drop some dinner on the table now, but will see
    you all tomorrow πŸ™‚

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, lovelies! πŸ™‚
    Please to report a 2.4 lbs loss this week. Down to 16.1.4! Still have 7 lbs to lose to get to my lowest since beginning this journey. I have just under 5 weeks to go until a weekend away on 16th November. Nothing in between to distract me thankfully, except for myself of course but I am determined to emerge next Spring like a butterfly from a chrysalis!
    Good luck with your fast today, Wendy!
    See you all later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Allie, I have been looking at on line dress catalogues to get some ideas. That alone is a big step for me. – Going dress shopping isn’t my favourite activity, it involves mirrors and bright lights and lots of people….. . I confess that having to hunker down for the storms was a good excuse to avoid the shops. πŸ™‚
    I have been wondering about going around the charity shops to look for a dress I can alter to fit in with the theme of the wedding reception and really go for the dressing up angle. Looking online at what a goth costume is it could be fun. Or just going for a nice dressy dress that I can alter in the future as I get rid of the spare tyre. I am with Kazz on being determined to go for my butterfly moment by spring.
    Its been so many years since I last wore heels or went out dancing that I really want to get some practice in shoes with heels before I decide which way to go.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Is it a new week already? My goodness. I am the same weight as last week, which is fine, maintenance is a win for me at the moment. Or it was. Plunging back into losses from tomorrow, or so I hope!

I went to a Zumba class this morning for the first time in years. Exhausting but fun. I’ve always enjoyed dance. I have a five day free pass but I think I’ll join at the end of that and do a mix of classes including Body Pump (weight lifting to music), Body Balance (never tried it, but like yoga which I’ve only done once many years ago), and Body Step (aerobics to music while stepping up and down on a box). And Zumba. I liked the mix of Bollywood and Latin dance moves we did.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! Can’t believe this thread idea has been active for almost three months now. I’m plodding quietly along at the moment with Fatsecret being filled in honestly and religiously each day. I have said elsewhere that I’ve been listing all non essential food and drink in the β€˜snacks’ section and that has been a huge eye opener for me. I’m reading all the stories from people helping/curing debilitating conditions by following this way of eating, and of feeling and looking so much better. Although, I haven’t completely lost the β€˜good feelings’ of this WOL they are dulling and your stories are filling me with enthusiasm again. I’m climbing back up the hill but haven’t quite reached the top yet. So I’ll be around but just posting sparingly. I can’t take the chance of becoming disheartened again.
    Hope it’s a great week for everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You really shouldn’t be surprised, V. All of your thread ideas are solid gold! If you ever think
    that you’d like to resume hosting it, I will be happy to return the honors to you πŸ™‚ I’ve just
    been the keeper of the flame these many weeks. I’ve loved the concept from the beginning,
    and it is even more valid today as we march toward the festive season. xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m delighted with the concept that many emerging butterflies are in the making… What a
    beautiful analogy! I’ve had my moment, and now I perch silently on your shoulder, willing
    you forward. πŸ™‚
    Natalie, you have great plans for the week! Zumba sounds like fun…The step class, not
    so much, Hahaa! Imagine how ultra fit that you’re going to be!
    Kazzi, that’s @ 5 1/2 lbs in 2 weeks. You’re solidly back on track, my girl!!! Keep showing
    everyone how it’s done πŸ™‚

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Allie! Thank you! πŸ™‚ It’s been 3 weeks and 8 1/2 lbs! Even better! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

It IS even better, Kazz! You are so close to dipping down to 15stone something!!! Do you
    believe that you’ve turned a major corner somewhere? It certainly feels that way to me πŸ™‚
    We all seem to have a trigger food (or drink) that is always ready to ambush us. Kazzi’s
    nemesis was crusty bread, and she worked relentlessly to produce a loaf of linseed
    bread that was beautiful to behold! It seems to have put her in the fast lane πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Anyone
    with bread issues needs to inquire further! I’m wondering if it works in place of bread cubes
    in a strata?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Allie, whats a strata? in the UK its a term for landscape / geology. Somehow I don’t think you would need cubes of bread for that?

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ll have to ask the bearded one about that, JGwen! He has an undergraduate degree in
    geology/paleontology. A strata is an egg dish that you prepare in advance for brunch,
    that uses bread cubes, eggs, milk, herbs, cheese and whatever you might like to add
    to it in terms of vegetables, bacon, sausage, etc. The bread softens overnight in the frig.,
    in the egg mixture and it bakes to a fluffy consistency, but is much more stable than a souffle.
    Very suitable for vegetarians, I would think! Loads of recipes available on the internet.
    If it’s being served for a simple brunch, not much more is required other than a salad, and
    rolls or muffins, for the bread eaters. After soaking overnight, the bread is no longer
    recognizable and simply thickens the egg custard. Does this make sense???

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Allie, I think it would work as croutons. Be a bit denser but would still bake to crispy with a drizzle of olive oil and pink salt and herbs! Hmmmmm! I’ve only had one serving and that was Saturday. I’m not getting the urge! It’s a comfort just knowing it’s there in the freezer!

on

Wow congratulations Kazzuk, fab loss and it’s just gonna be downwards from herein. We can do this! Linseed bread do tell! Is it in the recipe section or I’m a real have it all or nothing. Maybe I can have this when I’m maintaining AHH to dream of this time…. Who am I kidding we will achieve our goals. So happy this thread is so active! A reflection of the members me thinks πŸ€”πŸ˜˜ so onwards & downwards all! I have accepted that as you experienced BSDers have said this is a marathon not a sprint. So I’ll be here in 2019 too.

Allie and JGwen good advice re shoes will keep that in mind. No shoe buying will do this in maintenance. As for your clothes shopping sounds fab do it do it. I love vintage and charity shops. Although the former clothes too tiny even the larger sizes but I look forward to the day when I can literally wear anything. I hope you both thoroughly enjoy your clothes shopping experience well deserved and sounds like fun. I so want to have a personal shopper experience once I’m at goal weight.

Oh my giddy aunt! Why have i not read the obesity code by Fung till now! Amazing read in fact once I’m done posting I’m going to need to have a good read. Absolutely mind blowing! Waiting for why we get fat book to come and Wendy I’ve ordered the carb & cal pic book, & some apple vinegar. I think I might do some fasting soon! Also 😬 I’ve lost another 2 pounds which brings my weight loss to 18 pounds (8.2kgs) in 6 weeks (although we’re not done with this week)

Hope to hear from all of you soon! And let’s do this. Halloween and then Christmas can’t wait!
    In between that hope you have a great week
    Xx

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi ElecticRajistani,
    I’m now needing to lose my last stone & 2lb! So going to tyr hard over the next few months to ‘Carry On Shrinking’! πŸ˜€
    I’ve lost 2 stone but over about 3 months.
    I’m not cheating although recently been a bit too keen to each my daily portion of nuts, so have backed off them today!
    I had been hungry so overdid the veggies today too although it was my first time trying the courgette spiralised! πŸ˜€ Just fun. By the time I’d put it in the deep frying pan with onion, red cabbage, pepper bits and spinach it was a bit lost in the noise!
    Then I added the fish! Very tasty.
    I’m fairly up to speed on all the food products although another shop is on the cards. πŸ™‚
    Wishing everyone every encouragement to lose those pounds and enjoy doing so! πŸ™‚
    I’m still learning and still trying. But I just seem settled on losing about a 1lb /wk, very annoyingly slow but it’s going down and that’s brilliant! πŸ˜€

• posted by Natalie
    on

Aurora a lb a week is great I think! It will get you there. I’m having spiralised courgette tonight in carbonara sauce while the family has pasta. I still like pasta if I taste it first, but if I have my β€˜zoodles’ (zucchini/courgette noodles) first then decide I’m still hungry, the pasta tastes so bland and starchy!
    Alliecat that sounds a lot like a quiche, except for the bread cubes? I’ve never heard of a strata. I’m a bit sore after my Zumba yesterday: aside from being unfit, I forget I’m not in my 20s anymore! (48). But I’ll get my fitness back. I’ve never been an athlete but I used to do various dance lessons.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

That’s great going Aurora! πŸ™‚
    Eclectic – the recipe for my golden linseed bread is, and I’ve slightly modified it:
    250g golden linseed – you have to grind them to a fine powder in a whizzer – I do it in 3 batches. Takes 5 secs per batch.
    3 eggs – beaten in a measuring jug then top the mixture up to 200 ml with water
    2 teaspoon baking powder
    2 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoon coconut or olive oil (melt coconut oil in the microwave first and use a bit to grease a pyrex type dish
    Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Should have a thickish mixture, moveable a bit like dough or a cake mix, not quite pourable though. If too thick, add a drop more water. Put into the baking dish and shape, press it out. I sprinkle the top with sesame seeds and score a line length ways to make it look more like a loaf. Microwave for 5 mins on high. Remove and test middle with a knife and if it come out clean, it’s done! If not, give it another minute. I pre-heat the oven on high at the beginning of this process and then transfer to the oven for 15 mins to brown and crisp the top. After 10 mins out of the oven, put on a wire rack to cool, then I slice. I get about 14 slices. The whole loaf is 20 g carbs. I need to work out the other macros. I don’t need it every day, it’s a treat. πŸ™‚ Good luck!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Allie I shall join you for this challenge, and thank you as ever for setting it up. Is today your special day? If so, a very happy birthday! Enjoy your heels and outfit!

Well, I’m back from two lovely weeks in Greece. I approached the scales a bit furtively this morning – thinking of quite a bit of daily wine consumption over the course of the holiday. “Wine creep” would have been a very generous way of describing it! And….I was down 0.2 kilo. I am encouraged by this in lots of ways: the wine did not lead me into a “what the hell” approach, since I mainly avoided other carbs on holiday. I drank a lot more water than usual – clearly that helped. And I suppose I must have been snacking much less on nuts etc, once away from daily temptation in the kitchen. Anyway I am pleased and relieved.

In 10 days it is my anniversary of starting on this website and way of life. I am a medium loser here – 3 stone off, and mid-way in my healthy BMD range. My target is to regain my wriggle room – 2 kilos crept on in the run up to the holiday, and I want to be back in the 71s. Looking forward to joining the party. Good luck to all this week!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello lovely people
    I survived the late parents evening, surprisingly not really hungry. I came home at 9pm, watched a bit of telly and then went to bed so I managed another extended fast. My last meal was 7pm on Monday evening and I have just had smoked mackerel, watercress and avocado and an espresso with a square of dark choc at 1pm Wednesday. Fortunately no more late meetings coming up so I won’t be fasting as long but it is quite a liberating experience.

I have a meal out tomorrow with the aqua gym club and it will be a sad occasion as one of our members tragically passed away on Monday from a massive stroke. She was only 64 and as far as we know had no health issues. It is a scary thought that tragedy can strike so unexpectedly and just wipe someone out in the blink of an eye. It makes me even more determined to make the most of this precious life we have. We are all on here to improve our health and enjoy life to the full. Keep going lovely people. I want to be about positve and it is so uplifting to read about your successes .
    I am reading ‘ The Obesity Code’ too Eclectic ! Enlightening ! Well done on your loss ! It’s fantastic that you are back on track although I had every faith in you .I am now much more conscientious about counting carbs so will see what Week 7 brings . I was interested to hear that caronl managed her weight while on holiday in Greece.I will be trying to do the same in a few days time. Well done caronl !
    Allie the big day is approaching ! How did the high heeled shoe trial go ? Did you pick your new killer heels ? I had never imagined that shoe size would decrease with weight loss. My rings are definitely looser.

Kazz I have copied your linseed bread recipe, thank you ! I did a lovely batch of seed crackers recently …slow baked at only 160 C so they came out thin and crispy. They are a bit moreish so I do not do them that often.

Hope everyone is having a good day and will be catching up later xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m late to the party today, but hopefully better late than never! The 5 hr time difference gets
    challenging, some days πŸ™‚ Aurora, I haven’t seen you in awhile, but happy to hear that
    you’re doing so well! A lb. a week is certainly moving in the right direction, and I’m sure you
    know that by tweaking your macros, you can facilitate more loss, if you choose too! We
    all must find a balance that we’re comfortable with, however. The most important thing
    is that you’re still here!
    Caron, that is a very impressive outcome for 2 weeks in Greece! Probably scampering
    up the rock strewn terrain was helpful too:) Can it be possible that you’re only 10 days
    from an anniversary??? Be certain to post it on the “Positives” thread, so I can start
    practicing my celebratory virtual cartwheels for you! That’s a very special date, and
    we’d all like to share it with you, my maintaining friend πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ As always very happy
    to have you on the weekly thread!

Well Wendy, our “fasting” star, another one completed! I’ve never gone beyond 22 hrs….
    I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I’ve had numerous occasions in the
    past 18 months to reflect on the tenuous nature of life, also, and I very much share your
    committment to stay as healthy as you can be to mitigate against bad outcomes πŸ™‚ Sixty
    five is far too soon to leave this earth!

Thank you all SO much for the sweet birthday wishes πŸ™‚ The only concession that I will
    make to the relentless march of time is to allow my hair to be au naturelle, now. Tomorrow
    is “the” day, but thanks to all of you, I’m feeling good about it. I rediscovered in the shoe
    salon today that a 2 decade old shoe fetish has returned, and I brought home a very self
    indulgent collection of suede pumps in various styles and heel heights, because I couldn’t
    make up my mind! Apple red and pomegranite, and of course black. Everything to excess,
    I always say πŸ™‚ I left behind a pair of wedge heeled dove grey ankle boots which caught
    my eye, but that was my sole effort at self control. Some will be returned, of course…but
    which ones???? I discovered last winter, my first in maintenance, that I was much colder
    than I used to be, so “operation sweater search” needs to commence very soon. I’m
    thinking an Irish cable knit fisherman’s cardigan in cream?

Enjoy your evening to the fullest! Almost time for a fire on the hearth…

• posted by Natalie
    on

Kazz I’m going to try that linseed bread too. At 20g carb for the whole loaf, why not? I really struggled yesterday coming off the normal bread and ate some potato chips instead! Oh dear. Gotta fight this addiction.
    Caron it’s great you had such a lovely and low carb holiday. Reminds me it’s not just the food that makes a holiday fun!
    I’ve just put myself on the waiting list for the Obesity Code at my library. Can’t believe I haven’t read that one yet.
    Wendleg sorry to hear about your friend. A few years ago my mother, father and aunt all died of cancer within months of each other. They were at utterly differently levels of fitness, weight, lifetime health, and approach to life. It really shows that we can’t control everything. But we can reduce risks.
    Happy birthday Allie!

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi All
    & Allicat a Very Happy Burthday for tomorrow! πŸ™‚
    Once I’ve bought something nothing gets returned unless it’s faulty!! πŸ™‚
    Yeah breaking my ankle last yr & big op this yr is a reminder of my age (57) -gulp!
    Don’t feel it & definitely don’t act it. Still feel 30 bar the v sore ankle. Keep doing too much – which seems like nothing to me!
    Yeah I am pleased with low weight drop per wk but it’d be so nice if it was more.
    Having peppermint tea (yeeaayy finally found one I like!) Ought to help stop as much milk per day !
    Not too sure what people mean by macros?
    Watching the small additions?
    I’ve slightly reduced nuts today.
    Had a bigger lunch than dinner. …
    Yes I definitely want to be happy eating the food choices than measuring every morsel !
    I am pleased that I might get some help to tweak my diet for cholesterol drop too … sad this doet hasn’t managed it (unless it had gone up – v likely) & I think I’ve been ‘close enough to it. Eg no crab meat, so used sardines or mackrel..
    not always had watercress, so used salad leaves.
    That kind of thing.
    I agree on the linseed bread being a good idea!! But I’ll try it one day. πŸ™‚
    My gift to me this year was a KitchenAid mixer & attachments hence the finally ‘tried spiralised courgettes! I’d like to try the flat veg slice roller but not got that one … yet!! πŸ™‚
    I am enjoying more veg but don’t think I have a good feel for it all yet. πŸ™‚
    I’m still in my same left shoe size, but my right foot/ankle is still ‘op swollen’ of course! πŸ™‚

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone ! It’s very early here ( 5.50 am) and even earlier for Allie but I could not start this day without saying
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ !!!!!
    70 years young and many many years of healthy , fun filled living to do !!!
    Dance like EVERYONE is watching and swing that skirt !!!! Kick those heels and relish in this beautiful occasion to celebrate yor life.
    We are all celebrating here with you ! Have a magnificently crazy day !!!

love
    Wendy xxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi AuroraMagic,
    Monitoring macros means monitoring the amount of carbs, protein and fat each day. –
    Its one step on from the BSD and draws on more recently published research. – So when people are talking about macros we are talking about setting targets on the amount of carbs, to keep insulin levels low, the same with protein and most of our calories to come from fat. –
    Its a big change for a lot of us who have been eating low fat on previous diets.

• posted by JGwen
    on

All together now,
    Happy birthday to you,,,,, happy birthday to you,,,,, happy birthday dear Alliecat, happy birthday to you.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Here, here to Alliecat’s & JGwen”s Happy Birthday Wishes! (from Wendy) πŸ˜€
    & add… Hip Hip Hooray, x3 !!
    πŸ˜€
    Hi JGwen,
    Thank you for the macro info.
    I thought that might have been it but wanted to be totally sure.
    Yeah I do know that ‘things can add up.
    And I’m guessing you have to add approximates for ‘spray oil & frozen veg?
    Or is everyone thawing before weighing then cooking?
    I’d hoped nit to have to do that (for everything). I do weigh some things & approximated others. But fair enough, I know it makes good logical sense.
    Just not sure I want to get into it that much. But I’ll think about it. πŸ˜€

on

Happy birthday Allie, may it be filled with love, joy and fun. Thank you for your support and inspiring us all. Wear those heels, the dress and dance away. May all your birthday wishes come true. Have a wonderful day 😘

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hello – wanted to pop on to say what a great video, KazzUK – it’s really put a smile on my face, this morning. I might well pinch that idea in future.
    Alliecat – happy birthday – I’m a newbie to posting on the Forum but have visited the site a lot when I was doing BSD before (not sure I want to call myself a ‘lurker’ ! ) so I know what a lovely supportive person you are. Hope you have a great day.

on

Kazzuk thanks for the recipe!
    Aurora hope that ankle gets better. Rest it ice it and try to take it easy. But great you have all that energy. I have to say I’m not a great counter other than I keep to 800 calorie. But I’ve starting using the my fitness Pal and carbs and cal book recommended by Wendy and I’m starting to be aware and educate myself on how much of what I’m eating. But slowly as this is a new way of doing things from decades of low fat diets. Reading Fung and Taubs I feel that my sense of shame about my weight gain is lifting somewhat. I understand how and why I have become obese over these last 10 years. JGwen explanation is a good one and it’s like anything we just to have try things as and when we can or want to.

Wendy thats great re fasting well done! I’m not ready this week as I’m due on but I’m planning on fasting next week. I have stocked up on apple cider vinegar, green tea and cinnamon to flavour my black coffee and tea.

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend 65 is too young and the suddenness of their passing is a shock and so sad. Sending you and your friends best wishes and may your friend rest in peace.

As you all have said life is precious and we are working to help each other have a long healthy life. But life is unpredictable and out of control at times even more reason to enjoy and make the most of what we have. Xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie just want to add my congratulations to all the others. Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY πŸŽ‚ Hope you have a wonderful day and remember, this is just the beginning. You may be 70 today but that’s only 21 in Celsius so ENJOY! πŸ₯—πŸ₯‚πŸ‘ 

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, my goodness!!! I feel as though I’ve just left the “bed chamber” and walked into the
    lounge, to find you all there, after organizing a surprise birthday brunch in my honor! I’m
    both humbled and delighted to begin my day in this fashion πŸ™‚ We have songs as well as
    video entertainment, and not even one mention of cake! I thank you all so very much!!!
    I laughed and laughed Kazz, because my memory reaches back to the mid 50’s, when Betty Boop
    was part of popular culture. I was given a small blow up Betty Boop, suspended from a
    stick, during my first trip to a national zoo when I was about 6 years old! I didn’t even know
    I had retained the memory…. Wendy, your message read like a very special card from a dear
    friend…I’m now ready to embrace the adventure of being a healthy, happy septuagenarian,
    and see what secrets will be revealed to me, beginning today πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ 21C appeals to me
    V., though I’ve never been the sort of woman that lies about her age. I will be sharing
    your observation with any callers today, however! Some more of your British wit, I
    think πŸ™‚
    The coffeemaker has finished making obscene noises, so time to fill my mug! There is
    nothing nicer than starting one’s day with friends, and I thank every one of you for the precious
    gift. To borrow the line from our new birthday song, “You’re just too wonderful for words”!

xxx
    Allie

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Allie
    Hope you have a super rest of the day! πŸ™‚
    Dark choc peanut butter on strawberries & a tbsp yoghurt? Then stick in a candle?
    Would that do for a cake?
    Or the choc cake made with red kidney beans! The one Dr MM’s Wife Dr Clare Bailey w/ Dr Sarah Schenker for the 8wk BSD Recipe book, put together! πŸ˜€
    Not wanting to tempt you into any bad habits of course!! πŸ˜€ (Not that you would I’m certain!)

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Happy Birthday AllieπŸ˜„

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, happyitsworking! Very kind of you πŸ™‚ I know you’ve been a former participant
    in some of the weekly challenges. It would be so nice to hear from you more often, so
    we might know how you’re doing. Everyone has an important contribution to make here πŸ™‚
    Hope to hear more from you very soon!

Allie

• posted by Natalie
    on

I tried a Body Balance class yesterday (yoga/Pilates/tai chi) and didn’t like it much. I enjoyed the Tai Chi warm up moves,but then an hour of boring painful stretches? Urg. I don’t think I’ll be doing that again. Today I did a Step class (aerobics while stepping up and down on a box). Much more fun, but so hard! I left after 40 mins when the woman next to me asked if I was ok. Drenched in sweat and beetroot red, shuffling through the moves. My legs refused to step up any more, they barely agreed to walk me back to my car! I used to do these classes at a gym (ahem, a few years ago now) but I dont think I’m quite ready for that level of intensity for a whole hour at my current level of fitness. So far I’ve definitely liked Zumba the best. Still a few different classes to try!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Natalie, your commitment to improving your fitness level is so inspiring πŸ™‚ Do you genuinely
    enjoy working out every day, or are you just doing it to expedite weight loss? I love that
    you are trying new things, though! With children at home, exercise and BSDing, do you
    manage any “me time”? I don’t want you to get burned out! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ (I’m a bit of a mother hen,
    and have to watch over my chicks…sorry!)

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thank you, Jennie10. It’s good to see you here! πŸ™‚

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hmm I posted a long reply to Allie last night but it seems to have disappeared. Anyway, I have lots of free time at the moment with the kids at school and I’ve finished study but not yet working. I’m aiming for 3-4 exercise classes a week until I find work.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Nathalie you probably pressed the back arrow (top left hand corner) which takes you back to how things were before you posted. To keep your post click back on the Forums button and go into Recent Topics and it will go back to the threads.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Allie !
    I checked out your favourite Etsy store and I see what you mean ! Beautiful crochet bracelets , stunning !
    We are sitting in our lounge with a roaring fire in the hearth , getting comfy and ready to watch ‘ Strictly come dancing’ a bit later. I am not really a party animal as you can see , simple pleasures do me fine πŸ˜‰

Autumnwatch New England is on Tv ( as recommended by Kazz ??) Spectacular autumn landscapes and wildlife. Roll on retirement, boy are we going to travel !!! So much to discover in this magnificent world of ours. My son Oliver has developed a passion for wildlife photography and he spends hours in the forests of Queensland sending me the most astonishingly beautiful shots of birds , most of which I had never heard of. He will never want to comeback to France !!

I have had a gentle , restful day which I needed.I made one of my usual green soups made of leafy greens, celery, courgettes, parsley, spinach , chard leaves all whizzed up. That was lunch. Then I made Jamie Oliver’s baked mushrooms with tomatoes and garlic with a few prawns. Really trying to keep the carbs low.
    JGwen made me realise I needed to be more vigilant there .

Hope everyone is having a good day whatever you are doing

Eclectic how are you doing ?

Wendy x

• posted by alliecat
    on

YES, eclectic, where are you??? I’m DE-lighted that you had a moment to check
    out the Etsy shop, Wendy πŸ™‚ It frustrates me no end that we’re unable to see
    each other, understand each others body language or cadence of speech, so
    sharing interests, our physical world, and likes and dislikes, help to mitigate
    against those blind spots. πŸ™‚ There is always skype, of course…Your green soups
    sound wonderful! I’m gearing up for total transformation to Fall/Wiinter fare,
    as well. I wonder if someone should start a soup thread? I know that Verano
    has an extensive repertoire….I need to extend my meager list, since too many of
    them contain tomatoes. Is it difficult having Oliver so far away? What an exciting
    career, though! I’m picturing photos of parrots πŸ™‚ I’ve been viewing Autumn Watch
    too, although it really is in my own backyard. Marauding raccoons are part of
    everyday life here, as are wild turkeys crossing the road. No black bears or coyotes however,
    but plenty of chipmunks and roaming deer! Brilliant red cardinals are fully part of the landscape,
    and I didn’t realize that they were only indigenous to North America. Have a great evening..spending
    it in front of a roaring fire appeals to me, too! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning dear friends !
    Yes Allie. I am intrigued as to what everyone looks like too ! I am not that familiar with Skype. I communicate with my boys via WhatsApp. They are both in Australia . It’s amazing to be able to see and hear them clearly despite their being on the other side of the world ! It does help tremendously as I am a bit of a mother hen too. I was a single mother for most of their upbringing……
    They are living the Ozzie dream and I am just glad they are happy.You can’t teach your chicks to fly and then complain when they flee the nest ! After all I left the Uk in 1990 at age 32 ! The opportunities for travel were more limited then.I did a year abroad during my Languages degree, in France and Spain but my teaching career began soon after that in 1981.
    Oliver does send the most stunning photos.They have a Rainbow lorikeet at home who is a character in himself. πŸ™‚ I get photos of honeyeaters, bush stone curlews, rainbow bee-eaters, crimson finches,etc etc ..and an incredibly weird looking frogmouth. I just love that Oliver has developed this passion for the outdoor life and photography. He is planning on embarking on a road trip with a friend travelling from Cairns down Western Australia in the New Year. His elder brother Matthew is staying on, working in Cairns. He trained as a carpenter in France.

To get back to BSD. I had just a teeny loss this Week so maybe I am stalling again. I’m not worrying. I will continue and I understand the principles clearly. I will incorporate some fasting now and again and try and mix things up. I eat differently when I am not at work so OMAD will not be systematic. As JGwen reminds us, weight loss is not linear.I won’t be going back to any ‘bad habits’ that’s for sure .

About the soup Allie. I don’t really follow a recipe for the greens. Whatever I throw in my Vitamix always seems to come out gloriously smooth and creamy. I think it’s the high speed blend that does it. I acquired my Vitamix in 2016 and I love it . Unfortunately it also makes the most delicious smoothies but I think that was my pre BSD downfall. I would think nothing of loading it up with coconut or almond milk, frozen banana/s berries, avocado, almond butter and a bit of spinach plus any other fruit I had available !
    I could never understand that my breakfast was never satisying enough and I would need a boiled egg and toast soon after. OMG what was I doing to my blood sugar and insulin levels ?? !!!
    I have said before but I used to consume collosal amounts of fruit and would feel bereft if my fruit bowls weren’t overflowing ! I stick to frozen berries and the occasional windfall apple from our tree outside now and hubby eats the mangos and pineapples.
    How is everyone doing ? Wishing you a wonderful day xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yes indeed..the start of a new week! I hope it will show continuing progress for all of us. It’s become a bit
    quiet here. Is there any interest in starting a new challenge? Speak now friends πŸ™‚ Today’s the day to set
    it up πŸ™‚ Week 14 anyone???

• posted by wendleg
    on

I’m up for another Week, Allie !
    Leaving for Spain on Wednesday so I may not be able to post daily but I will do my best to catch up and see how everyone is doing. I will try and keep you updated on my Spanish meals !
    Has anyone heard from Eclectic ??

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Allie I’m here too even though I’ve been rather quiet lately.
    Maybe now that we have finished three months of β€˜I HAVE A PLAN’ we could start a new weekly thread? Maybe I NOW HAVE A GOAL, or MY PLAN WORKED so now I ….? MY PLAN is WORKING now….. I don’t know but maybe a new title for an old theme of weekly challenges might produce more enthusiasm????? Just a thought.

Please log in or register to post a reply.