I HAVE A PLAN – Week 11 starting Oct. 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, PandaBear! The way time zones shake out, I’m about 12-14 hrs behind you here in the U.S. Our UK
    friends are deep in slumber at this hour, but I’m still wandering about on the forums πŸ™‚ I think a big help to configure
    what a suitable caloric intake should be in maintenance should be is predicated upon what your TDEE is, total daily energy
    expenditure. There are many online calculators easily available to work this out. The formula is based on gender,
    age, and how active you are. This is different for each one of us. When you have reached your goal weight, reverse
    dieting is the safest way to go. On the first week of maintenance, eat 850 cal/day, week 2 900cal, and so on until you
    begin to approach your TDEE. The same applies to carbs…increase them very slowly, and it will soon become
    obvious to you which number you need to stay below each day to maintain your weight loss. Here, also, we each
    have a personal “set point”. For example, my max number of calories is 1600, and my carb limit is 35. It’s really a
    process of trial and error. In paragraph 3 you mentioned 8000/day…Was that a typo? I’m looking forward to seeing
    you cross the finish line, so please share where you are on your journey. I certainly remember your delightful thread,
    i.e. Panda Bear is out of the woods, or something similar to that πŸ™‚ We do all of this together, Panda, so happy to
    have you back on this thread!

Allie

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone
    Just a quickie as I am at school.
    JGwen ..really interested to hear how you get on with extended fasting !
    Hi Panda ! It’s so lovely on here. People from all over the world.My sons are in Cairns but my hubby’s daughter is in Tasmania…working in Hobart and married to a Tassie with a gorgeous littlle girl. We went out there in February and Tasmania is SO beautiful. We loved everything.
    Only 2 weeks and we needed longer to see more than Hobart and the surrounding area and islands but we wil be back. Roll on retirement !
    Have a great day everyone. I will check back in this evening or lunch time if I can xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, afternoon or evening, whatever the case may be πŸ™‚ I forgot to share my “test by fire” last sunday!
    I’ve been ordering our groceries for the past 28 months, with the exception being weekly trips to the fresh fish
    market and farmers market for veg.. No bread or cheese has come into the house, and I don’t usually even think about it.
    Out of sight, out of mind! We had a lovely brunch with close friends following an art exhibit, and a beautiful bread
    basket was delivered to the table, along with a plate of herb infused fruity green olive oil, with freshly grated parmesan
    on top of it. The alarms were definitely going off in my head!!! I almost weakened, ALMOST! but kept my hands in my
    lap, and concentrated on the conversation and my single glass of chardonnay. The best part was that O/H did the
    same πŸ™‚ Our friends continued with their sirloin tips and french fries (chips). I felt very virtuous, indeed! First bread
    challenge MASTERED! Hahaa

• posted by Jordana
    on

I’m not really a part of this thread but I read posts and just wanted to say Allie – it is sooooo true. Well done for sticking with your chardonnay. I had that very thing served up at a friends the other day – crispy ciabatta bread and a pot of oil, and parmesan….oh noooo. Just something I love. I stared at it for ages nearly weakening and then looked away and tried to concentrate on everything else. It worked. Just about.
    Good idea to get your groceries delivered. When I walk past bread and chocolate aisles I get a bit down. Not only do I have to resist it, I get cross they’re being sold at all, as they’re so damaging – haha!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Stop by anytime, Jordana. We’d be very happy to have you πŸ™‚ Yep, bread, cheese and wine..my triumverate of terror!

• posted by Jordana
    on

Well cheese is rather delicious and at least it isn’t carby. Just hafta watch those calories!

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

Wow just finished reading all your messages. Sorry if I miss anyone. I do have a nose around other forums so definitely recognise the names! Hi everybody!!! Well I saw my MIL for her birthday and despite my buying the cake I didnt have one slice and I was the designated slicer 😱 πŸ˜‚ but I definitely went over on calories with the halloumi and my chicken skewers. But have lessened the calories today so hoping some Yin Yanging will get me on track. I’m going to be baking a two tier cake for my daughter’s birthday cake and again I will have to use my willpower not to succumb to a slice. I take great strength from you ladies. I did think at the dinner table what would my fellow BSD folks say to help and you already have so I take all of this in the forum’s and it helps even when I’m not tapping (talking online)

Allie and Jordana, I ‘m more of a cheese wine person too but I can’t indulge like I used to, in fact I’m teetotal in my almost week 4 completed. Wendleg, still only lost a pound this week. It’s so hard not to focus on just the scales but I think I will stop weighing myself for a few days and focus on all the other indicators good skin, dropped a dress size but urgh still hung up on the scales and need to change this mindset as it can be self destructive. Ps so gonna use the chia jam sounds delicious and just to say my sweet tooth is not longer there.

I have been thinking about fasting only because there’s been a few days now where I am busy running around and realised at 2pm I have only had water, tea and coffee ( only a little milk) till then and I could go on till later. I’m a bit scared to fast mentally but physically I think I could fast 😬 may join you brave strong ladies on this!
    I’m amazed at your knowledge and understanding all I can do is learn from you! Thanks for listening to me witter on.

This week has flown by but as always despite being super busy as you all are just have to check in with you all. Thanks for sharing and being yourselves. Wishing you a fab Friday and a wonderful weekend XX 😘

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

I hope I didn’t scare everyone off with my enormous post! Please come back. πŸ™‚ It doesn’t feel that big when you are typing it up then you see it as a post and. ….”Holy cow!” πŸ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

No Panda Bear, we’re all still here! I know what you mean, it’s easy to get ‘in the zone’ tapping away and then get a surprise at the length of the post once finished. But that’s what the forum is about though – especially these challenge threads – a safe place to offload, seek support and advice.

on

Panda bear I tend to do long posts too so no worries on that point.
    Hoorah I lost another pound weight loss this week 2lbs bringing it to 16 pounds for the month. Honestly could not have done it without this group and the other forums. Just knowing that you have folks on this lifestyle helps. Have a great weekend folks whatever you’re up to we have our eight years old birthday weekend so looking forward to celebrating that.
    Xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Eclectic, my BSD buddy !. That’s a brilliant loss for one month. No plateau for you then as Allie said as we need at least 2 weeks no change. I will weigh in tomorrow and let you know where I am after 5 weeks. Yeah, don’t get hung up on the scales.

By the way I didn’t make it clear but you have to simmer the berries and water a little with the chia seeds πŸ˜‰

Don’t worry Panda Bear, no problems with longer posts ! I love reading them and always learn so much.

Have a great weekend, everyone xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone

Weigh in end of Week 5 and I weigh 93.5 kg. Last week I weighed 94.2 kg so I am only a pound down too ,Eclectic. We are not going to get despondent about the weight loss slowing down….it’s all good. I too am a stone lighter and I definitely feel I have less padding around my middle and my rear !!
    I did lots of marking yesterday so I can have a relaxing weekend with lots of delicious BSD meals. 2 more weeks at school before half term !
    Wishing you all a great weekend wherever you are xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, All. I’m up early today..so have the luxury of chatting in real time πŸ™‚ Eclectic and wendleg,
    keep the faith. For most people, fits and starts seem to come with the territory, then a big whoosh occurs.
    I didn’t even know this community existed during my big weight loss phase, so I had to research my own way
    out of a plateau. We all react differently, but when I upped my hydration to 3 liters and cut the carbs to <20
    and ommitted all alcohol, I came to expect a steady loss of 3.5lbs a week through the next 8 months. I’ve
    since learned from friends here that this sort of consistency is somewhat unusual. Some of us have to
    fight for every single pound! I understand the testimonials in MMosley’s books show optimal losses, but it
    is a typical newbie mistake to compare other’s losses to our own. If you are doing everything right, that’s
    all you can you. It WILL happen!! You are both are doing great so far, and have a generous community at your
    side if you need encouragement, or want to celebrate a goal being reached, or just have a whine after a bad
    day. πŸ™‚ Tuesday is weigh in day, so the week isn’t over yet! Lift you water glasses compulsively πŸ™‚ Drop a piece
    of lemon or lime in it, or a sprig of mint. You ARE special, so treat yourselves that way! xxx I like to pour
    my sparkling water into a crystal goblet, and place it on the dinner table. Pomegranite seems to be my preferred
    treat at the moment! Simple pleasures πŸ™‚

I’m working on improved fitness this week. Brisk walking 5 miles each day. When the sun rises, I’ll be off
    again. What plans for the weekend are on your dance cards? I’ve only seen weather for the midlands, and
    it looks COLD. Free weights in front of the fire? An organizational task you’ve been procrastinating about?
    Batch cooking for the week ahead? There is always something we can do to keep advancing the ball πŸ™‚

Great weekend wishes to you all πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning Allie ! Lovely to see you . Time diffΓ©rences are to be managed on the forums. I have a little ‘ world clock ‘ on my phone so I can check the time in Cairns before I message my boys.

I am remaining positive Allie . I think I have to be a bit more precise in my counting .My carbs are low but not as low as 20g. I have been picking at the grapes in the fruit bowl. I do still miss my fruit .

You are even more amazing in my book to have persisted with your weight loss without the support of forums like this which are so supportive.

The sun is shining here in SW France and we have 25 degrees but the tempΓ©ratures are due to drop next week and hopefully we will see some desperately needed rain.

My plan is to get out in the fresh air too Allie. Brisk walking is the way to go but I admit to needing a kick up the backside to get myself moving.

Have a great weekend ! xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you, alcohol really messes with my weight loss too. I had a sherry and a small glass of wine yesterday and saw a blip upwards on the scales this morning – only small, but it was still there! It also affects my sleep quite badly. Still, we were celebrating yesterday, hence the booze and forgiving myself.

Well done on the brisk walks Allie. It’s absolutely what I should be doing too, but not happening! Will get fitter while we’re away, as our apartment is third floor and no lifts. I always come home fitter than I went.

On my dance card for the weekend – celebration wedding anniv meal last night; sorting out over stuffed and disorganised spice draw and organising hand luggage for holiday today, not sure about tomorrow, but probably packing related too.

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

So sorry all. I didn’t realize there were two pages to the thread and every time I checked in my first post stubbornly appeared at the bottom and I thought everyone had jumped ship! Hahaha….. So happy to discover through my fog of menopausal hormones this morning that there was a page 2! I have now read everyone’s posts and again learnt so much and feel I have been comforted by friends over coffee. Thank you everyone. Xx

Alliecat: What a brilliant idea the reverse dieting suggestion is!!! It just makes so much sense. And of course we have the online calculators. I didn’t think of those either. I always automatically feel I have to start at square 1 and reinvent the wheel. Thanks ladies for all your help and feedback. The 8000+ is kilojoules not calories. Sorry. I forget we speak the calories lingo on here. πŸ˜€

Eclectic Rajistani: Do try the fasting! Personally I allow myself to drink liquid during my fast, any liquid ;)…..that’s right even the odd red and I still lose weight! I really wish I had realised this was recommended with the BSD as I experienced a number of plateaus during my 8 weeks. However the girls told me then what they say above, “The whoosh is coming” and they were right. I manage to lose exactly 10kgs back then. I find my best 8hr eating window is from 10am to 6pm. No doubt this is different for everyone though. I believe it just gives my body time to process everything before it goes to sleep. As I said earlier, I lose weight regardless doing this and I have never been able to lose weight easily in my life! I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot! Stick with it sister and it will happen for you too. πŸ™‚

On my dance card today: fertilise my new lawn we seeded last summer which is looking a little sad. Post somethings for sale on Gumtree in an effort to declutter my life. Eat BSD within an eight hour window and go for a walk around my little green valley. (5ks)

May the BSD superhero be unleashed inside you all! xxx

on

Hi all,
    Well its been an exhausting weekend and officially my first bad BSD day : A slice of Victoria sponge, some prawn cocktail crisps, sausage rolls, salmon cream white bread triangle πŸ™β˜ΉοΈ. I fell off the wagon yesterday. Dog tired and just didn’t think of what I was eating, mindless eating! But the upside our daughter had a wonderful birthday weekend, she loved the science museum and her Roald Dahl themed party with her friends.

I felt guilty after reading all your lovely mesages and posts about how your getting on. I almost didn’t post but that would be lying to myself and this is part of it right? I could ruin all my hard work over one day which I’ve done before an excuse to not plod on! But I know if I tell you that its out in the open and you will help me! I was doing so well! We even went to a restaurant on the Saturday night (my Omod) and I ordered a BSD meal (only for it to come with rice which I didn’t eat?!) Lack of sleep is a big trigger for all sorts of destructive negative reactions that come and especially in relation to food consumption. This is the first morning that I have felt hungry and I think it’s do with all that unhealthy non BSD food I ate! But I had a BSD brekkie and I’m gonna just get back on it!

So sorry for moaning and going on!! Wendleg that’s great that you have lost congrats and it’s all working keep going! Motivates and encourages us all. Pandabear yes there’s definitely page 2 if not three soon with my long whiny woe me post. It’s good to hear from you. I learn loads as a newbie. I will definitely do the fasting once my body adjusts back to BSD way and good tips! Allie as always great advice! Will up my water and watch the carb count. So tired today. Going to curl up, ready a book for research and rest. Hoping to be fully charged after a good night’s sleep and back in the gym tomorrow for my first proper cardio and strength session

Hope your Sunday night/ Monday morning/afternoons are going well. Lots of good vibes to you all 😘

• posted by alliecat
    on

Where did this week go??? Can’t believe it’s monday once again πŸ™‚

Eclectic, think of your party weekend as a lesson learned, not an opportunity for self flagellation… πŸ™‚
    You’ve done the most important thing, getting right back on track today, with a great goal, getting
    to the gym! We all make questionable decisions when we’re over tired…One of the best suggestions
    I’ve heard about here for navigating birthday weekends is to plan for BSD friendly special treats
    for oneself while the festivities are ongoing….A serving of beautiful smoked salmon, or whatever
    would represent a bit of luxury for you? Pre-planning is a life saver when it’s early days of the BSD.
    This is an adventure, a life changing journey, and we’re always learning…Coming here to talk about
    it is what we do πŸ™‚

Would any of you like to continue on for another week? I believe in this thread, so will be happy
    to set up the new challenge, unless anyone else wishes to take it over? Be back later to check up
    on everyone! Now I need coffee πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh Eclectic, we’ve all done it. We’re all human and we’ve all transgressed at some point or another. You’ve done the right thing though – claimed it and admitted it and then got right back on track. You’ll almost certainly find any impact is minimal and by forgiving yourself and getting right back on the BSD, will give you a good chance of still reporting an overall loss for the week.

Allie, I won’t be around for next week’s challenge, but hope that there will still be weekly challenges running when I return for Turkey, as I’m pretty certain I will need it to get back in the groove before the festive season.

• posted by Madmare
    on

Hi EclecticRajistani
    I am with you today on being furious with myself!
    Friday night had a lovely time meeting up with people I had not seen in ages and catching up etc. It was only as I was walking home with the OH I realised that I had no real idea of how much i had drunk. The one glass of Prosecco had been topped up several times and I had slipped back into auto pilot. It had to be three glasses. It was certainly more than I intended.
    And blow me if the same didn’t happen Saturday drawing up plans for next year and not concentrating on what is being offered. It’s scary how the old habits resurface as soon as you take your eye of the ball!
    So the inevitable has happened despite doing a huge amount of work yesterday I have put two of the three pounds on I lost.
    I have to be vigilant or just not drink alcohol when I’m out. I am not giving up I have felt so well this week the healthy eating is really paying off.
    So onwards and downwards I will be joining the next challenge but with better results next week!
    MM

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone

I absolutely agree with all the comments Eclectic. You didn’ t scuttle away and hide . You were straight back on here and as I tell my kids in class …making mistakes is all part of the learning process .Noone fails…. it’s all useful experience.
    You have picked yourself up and you’re back on it .Go girl ! Get some sleep and you will be recharged.

My loss has only been minor the last couple of weeks.I have a couple of meals out coming up so I am going to have to be careful. Fortunately alcohol just makes me feel ill so I can resist it with no problem but not sure how I will be when faced with a delicious meal with carbs. It seems to mess up digestion after several weeks abstinence so I am wary. I tell myself it’s only food. It’s not going to disappear out of my life if I absolutely want to eat that portion of chips but right now I choose not to.

OMG I sound a right bossy so and so . Only being bossy with myself though πŸ˜‰

Wishing everyone a great week with lots of positive thoughts and successes.

Yes Allie please continue with the thread. I love sharing thoughts and expΓ©riences .xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you all for the lively conversation, honesty, and humor this week! Walking this thread is always
    the equivalent of being on the sunny side of the street! (and pun intended, SunnyB πŸ™‚ ) You know that
    it will be awaiting you when you return, barring acts of God, of course! I’ll be focusing on next weeks
    goals, to be posted with weigh in results then, also. Week 12, here we come! I hope to see you all
    there, along with any newcomers who may have been only lurking up until this time. You’d all be
    VERY welcome:) πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Allie

on

Thank you all for sharing your own experiences and supportive comments to boot! I would not be able to do this alone so I’m grateful for the empathy and advice. Heres to a better and greater week for all. See you in the next challenge xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Signing off on week 10 at 0.2lb less than this time last week. Basically I’ve not don’t what I set out to do, which was to make a real increase in my wriggle room for the holiday. I have 3.2lb in hand which is better than nothing I guess. If I’m honest, I haven’t really put in the effort I should have done. Anyway, not going to stress about it, will go away and enjoy myself and then knuckle under when we return, in preparation for the festive season.

Have a really good week Eclectic, I’m sure you will make it count.

• posted by Nee
    on

Hi Allicat,
    Yours is such a motivating story. I just finished my first week and have lost 13 lbs. I am now 281 lbs! Just wandering were you as strict the whole 10 mths? I’m not pre diabetic but did have hypertension. Most of my calories came from wine but seeing the fast results-I do not feel like a glass at all!
    N

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Panda! A fellow Aussie here! Just browsing idly here and read your post with interest . . . I too seem to have a problem with wheats grains etc. Rolled oats was my main adversary! three months on BSD and my HbA1c came down from 12.9 to 6.9. Quite remarkable . . . Im about to have my next blood test to see if it has stabilised there or dropped further . . . either way Im delighted with the results. With your request for breakfast ideas . . . apart from the usual mushrooms, chop, eggs and bacon . . . I make mini quiches. They can be eaten hot warmed or cold! Use mince steak with seasonings of your choice mixed through . . . (I have used a spicy pepper BBq rub, chilli powder . . . curry powder . . . crushed garlic, then lined the large muffin tin recesses like you would with pastry. Then add slices of leek or onion, diced capsicum, a few peas, chicken pieces bacon pieces, ham pieces . . . just whatever you have available. Then I whip eggs with just a little cream . . . pepper and salt to individual taste . . . pour gently onto the reservoirs to just cover the ingredients . . . then add grated cheese with something spicy on top! In the oven for maybe 20-25 minutes or until cooked . . . and enjoy hot, or let cool and freeze some. They are great cold with a salad or hot with veges and freeze well. Hope you like them πŸ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re very kind, Nee! A very warm welcome to the neighborhood πŸ™‚ I DID continue for 10 months,
    with no breaks, cheats, or wine in there to muddy the waters or bring weight loss to a standstill. I just
    kept telling myself wine is “liquid sugar”, do you want to see the scales add 1.5lbs of retained fluid to your
    next weigh in? The answer was NO! I couldn’t be considered a teetotaler now in maintenance, but I no
    longer succumb to the siren call on a daily basis πŸ™‚ Those in the sisterhood here already know that I
    have a special place in my heart for “ladies with lots to lose”. I have walked that walk, and looked out
    upon the world from that vantage point. I don’ want to forget those days, or ever return to them, either!
    This way of eating will take you there πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Your first week results have done you proud, so Brava!
    This is an old thread , so you might like to join us on the current “One Week at a Time, Beginning jan15th”
    thread. New members to the community, as well as experienced BSDers, travel together and break the
    entire process into 7 day segments. You will be made very welcome! Hope to see you there πŸ™‚

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.