I.B.S.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trebor728
    on

Is there any evidence that the diet will help with IBS?

• posted by Bissell
    on

Hi Trevor. I have had IBS for, ooh, 35 years. It got significantly worse about 5 years ago, somuch so that I couldn’t go straight out of the house after eating breakfast, if you get my drift! But since starting this food plan 7 weeks ago I haven’t had one bout of the dreaded d word. In fact, if anything, I have been a bit constipated. Which is novel!
    Good luck with the diet. I’ve lost 26 lbs so far and feeling great!

• posted by Izzy
    on

I still have ocassional issues with my IBS, but it’s better on this diet than it used to be. My biggest IBS episodes over the last few weeks have been when I’ve had a Macdonalds breakfast wrap, and another time a chocolate hobnob snack bar. So I think that there are perhaps ingredients in those that affect my IBS.

IBS is quite a diverse thing in the sense that different foods/circumstances trigger different people. I’d suggest just try it and see.

• posted by Maefly
    on

I concur. I have noticed a real improvemment in my IBS symptoms. Occasionally something will set me off (too much red pepper) but I am much more ballanced. No more “four seasons in one day”, if you know what I mean 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.