how many meals a day?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mazzawazzawoo
    on

Hi, I am new to this and researching as much as possible before starting. My main meal is in the evening and I tend to eat rubbish mid morning after missing breakfast. I then snack on fast carbs throughout the day.
    I wonder if anyone here just eats once a day? or does breakfast (9am) and then leaves eating until the evening (6pm).
    6 hour gap in the day and then 15 hour gap over night, or by eating only once there is a 24 hour gap.
    Or is this too hard to do?
    TBH I am lazy and am not keen on cooking, although i’m a wizz at scrambled egg in the microwave and I love cooking with my children for our evening meal. If I can put most of the calories into the evening meal and enjoy a wholesome meal with the kids this would be good for me emotionally.
    Can anyone advise please. Thank you.

• posted by Izzy
    on

We are a diverse bunch! You can use any of the approaches you’ve mentioned there. I prefer 3 meals myself or I feel deprived, Going on what you’ve said I think 2 might suit you. If you tend to want to eat mid morning it might be best to plan for that and an evening meal. Food for mid morning doesn’t have to be breakfast type food either you can have lunch type food, or whatever you like that fits in with BSD guidance.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Agree with Izzy … you can plan your meals the way you want BUT if you are eating simple high carb foods during the day you have to make a plan for healthy snacking.
    Small serving of nuts/seeds. Veggies and low cal/carb dip. Low sugar foods. By all means microwave an egg or 2 in the morning.
    Maybe you could make extra at your evening meal …. and have a container of left over healthy food to eat the next day.

• posted by Frog
    on

If your snacking thru the day, it sounds as if eating a substantial breakfast – say 200 calories, would set you up for the day better, and probably mean that you’d be less tempted to snack during the day
    600 calories left for supper if you’re not having rice potatoes or pasta can actually give you varied options

Remember no bread with the breakfast egg(s)
    I tend to have poached egg – but with mushrooms, asparagus or avocado, sometimes tomato – and either a slice of bacon or small portion of smoked salmon.

As Izzy says, we’re all different, but from what you’ve written about snacking mid morning and then through the afternoon, it doesn’t seem to point towards a one meal strategy being ideal for you.
    I think quite a lot of people posting here do just have two meals – I’m probably about 50/50 between 3 meals or having just brunch and supper – depends on when I get up, what I’m doing that day…..

Please log in or register to post a reply.