How many grams of carbs should I be eating as a maximum?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CarolineHP
    on

I realise everyone is different but what sort of number of carb grams should I be aiming for each day?

I know I’m limited to 800calories each day and I’m doing a 10/14 eating fasting window, but I’m not at all clear what nutrient macros I should be aiming for?

Plus, how long does your body take to switch into ketosis? How do you all measure it?

Sorry to have so many questions.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Caroline, as you say we are all different. I am diabetic and aim for no more than 50g carbs per day but never the white starchy or sugary carbs. You have to remember that there are carbs in lots of vegetables and also quite a lot in fruit so look into each item before you eat it. I know some go lower to around 20g but I find that so hard and it makes it difficult to even reach 800 calories. Dont know about macros and dont bother about ketosis as this is not a keto diet for me.
    I am sure someone will come along and answer the things I have been unable to. Each to their own.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, Caroline! I suggest you type macros into the search box, and read through the opinions there. We experienced
    BSDers frequently address this issue. If you’re still confused, please repost, and I’d be happy to share the benefit
    of my experience and research with you!

Best,

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

thank you, Caron, for locating this post! I use the same formula that LindaA does. Caroline, once you
    determine your protein requirements and select the number of carb grams you wish to start with, all that
    remains to do is fill the remainder of your daily allotment of 800 calories with healthy fats. If you aren’t
    seeing the results you anticipated on the scales, readjust the carbs downward. Of all the values, the
    carb amt is the key. We hope this helps! It works for everyone, I promise 🙂 It all makes perfect sense
    when you keep in mind that the BSD is a low carb, moderate protein and high (healthy) fat style of eating.
    Let us know how it’s working for you, so we can share your successes. You will amaze yourself 🙂

Allie

• posted by CarolineHP
    on

Thank you all so much. You’ve been superb. I’m really enjoying this way of eating. I’m amazed that I don’t feel hungry. I’m sticking to it rather well. I’m eating really well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.