Hi All – Looking to start the BSD :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi all, hope you are all ok 🙂 I am looking to start the BSD probably in the new year alongside dry january…. I am a girl in her mid 30s that is over weight and my weight is now starting to hold me back from things and I am starting to get aches and pains etc. I have known that I have needed to do something about this for a while but recently it is becoming more and more evident from little niggly things and I have realised things need to change.

I currently weigh around 15st and when you are 5ft3 that’s rather a lot – my BMI is tipping 35 and I am really unhappy. I am looking to make some real life style changes and I want to set some goals along the way. I am looking forward to starting this new journey, I have seen success first hand with my manager losing over stone and hes looking really well and feeling much better in a short space of time.

I’m excited and hopefully my future will be nice and bright. I look forward to getting to know you all

Rebecca xx

• posted by topcac
    on

Welcome Rebecca and congratulations on making this decision – I’m sure you will see results and, hopefully, very quickly for the sake of your aches and pains.

I’ve just finished week 12 so a few words of wisdom (?) about the first few days. It may get a little tough over the first few days and you may feel a bit rough with a headache, maybe lethargic, a bit dizzy and faint – this is commonly called carb flu – your body’s reaction to cutting right down on carbs – it will pass. Drink lots of water, add a little salt to your meals, take things a little easier on yourself and just ride through it. By the end of week 1 you’ll be feeling great and will have lost weight.

Plan, plan plan – I don’t know about you but if I don’t plan and just leave meals ‘to chance’ then I’m likely to stray off plan – so plan and shop all your meals in advance (I do a week in advance but you don’t have to go THAT far!)

You may hit a bit of a plateau in Week 2/3/4 (you may not!). Just push on through – it’s happened to so many people on here and is perfectly normal.

Read this forum a lot – it is full of wonderful affirming people in the same position as you (or have been) and they have wonderful advice – if you are wondering about a certain subject, chances are it’s been asked and answered somewhere on here – just go the search box. If not, ask it – you will get an answer.

Lastly, be prepared to buy a whole new wardrobe 🙂

Best of luck!!

• posted by Avila
    on

Welcome Rebecca,

I will be getting focused again after the new year. I did this in August/Sept and lost 12kg and came off blood pressure meds, I am 41 and was 16 st at 5 ft 10. Been a bit wobbly since then and not following the 800cal but promising myself a strict run after the holidays, have another 10kg to lose.

Trying to have some good plan days this side of Christmas – salmon and spiralised butternut for tea.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Rebecca

I started this last December, weighing 16 stone at 5ft 1in. (I’m 66 years old).

Still 5ft 1ins, but now weigh 8st 9lbs and am maintaining.

So it is possible.

Best wishes for your journey.

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi All

Thank you for the wonderful replies!! I am looking forward to – but equally dreading this. Its something that I need to do for myself and I know that I will have support from my family and friends and luckily co-workers as well, however my biggest enemy is myself and my mind. If I can conquer that I should be fine…. She says!!!

I am luckily a planner when it comes to meals and we plan our meals for the week ahead before we do the shopping so that always helps and my boss has been doing a version of this diet (not sure if its the same one) and he has lost over a stone and he didn’t have that much to lose. I’m hoping that 8 weeks and I can do the same.

I am having some good days this side of Christmas, today has been yogurt for breakfast and I have a chicken and lentil broth for lunch… but that doesn’t counter act the Christmas Lunch booked in for Friday…. Still, baby steps and then a big advance in January. this will give me time to research the whole plan and know what I can and cant have, what 800 calories looks like and also mentally prepare. I’m trying to attack this the same way I gave up smoking…. I set a date, mentally prepared and then went for it…. Still a non smoker now. Lets hope I can do the same with this and mentally prepare to get rid of that weight for good!!!

Much love to you all.

Rebecca xxx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome Buffy-lover! Don’t I wish I had discovered this way of eating at your tender age! It would have given me so many hours back, where I was struggling with weight, mentally distracted by being fat, hating myself, working out too many hours at the gym — yuck, all that I could have avoided. And been radically more healthy too! Just jump in here, start NOW. Even if you only do it half-heartedly through Christmas, it will pay you back handsomely by New Years!

Please log in or register to post a reply.