Here I go again…struggling with sugar addiction as ever…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Hi Mermaid

Where are you getting your recipes from? I know the cottage pie but had forgotten about it so just added all the ingredients to my Ocado order! My problem is I’m a rubbish cook and don’t enjoy cooking, I lack imagination! It’s my birthday next week and I’ve asked my brother (who’s a chef!) for an easy low carb cookbook!

• posted by Mermaid
    on

Hi everyone,

JCH, I get my recipes from this site (Recipes… at the top of the page) and by googling “low carb” plus whatever ingredients I have to hand. I’m a lazy cook. I prefer to do something quick and easy, and once I’ve mastered a new recipe, that’s what everyone gets for a while (I have a few that I alternate…) I also love salads, all carefully weighed, with mixed leaves, asparagus, avocado, coleslaw (careful of the dressing), nuts, cheese, chickpeas, beans, tofu, chicken, egg, celery (sliced very, very thin… it’s great for fibre and low cal/carb), raw beetroot/ carrot, olives, tomato… any other suggestions?

PG, love it… You are the sole master of your body…. We are, indeed! Too easy to get enslaved to sugar.

Crabby, Strangely, I’ve got past my cravings (for now…), but, like you, have actually managed to reintroduce 1 square per day of dark chocolate, which I dip in my sugar-free decaf coffee, and love. For the first time, I manage to stop at 1 square. But eating that 1 square has to be totally mindful. Wonderful!

Just hoping I don’t fall off the wagon. Everyone has noticed the difference. I’ve lost more inches than kg.

• posted by JCH187
    on

How’s everyone doing?

I’ve had a very bad few days, it was my birthday yesterday so have various meals out, cake etc. Scales told the tail and I’ve not lost any weight or reached my mini goal. I’ve purposely not gone into the office today as I know there is leftover cake by my desk, hoping that gets eaten today but if it’s still there tomorrow I shall relocate it! I really noticed the effects of the cake yesterday, I could of quite happily slept the afternoon away, very sluggish and lethargic for the first time in 3 weeks!

I’ve been working on batch cooking over the last week, I now have a soup, curry, skinny chilli and cottage pie with cauli mash in the freezer. I found some curry kits which made a lovely Goan curry and I’m going to attempt a lasagna of sorts today using aubergine instead of pasta and no white sauce (I don’t like it so no big deal), I’ve done lots of googling and reading through posts to get some ideas so – there’s quite a lot of easy to follow recipes out there when you look!

Hope everyone is having a better week than me 🙂

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hi all

Am pleased to report another 1 lb down. This is slow but the ship is going in the right direction! When I was away visiting relatives I got fed a couple of times and wasn’t able to avoid pasta so I had a little of that as it was served to me. I did keep off the sugar and whenever I eat more calories than I should, and I do do that more than I should according to the strict 800 rules but without bingeing, which is major for me, then I always stick to low carb foods such as nuts or cheese. My mood is excellent and my thought processes are very clear.

I feel very good. Think this is half way through now and 9 lb down.

• posted by JCH187
    on

That’s fantastic, congratulations on reaching your half way point!

Please log in or register to post a reply.