Help !!!!very high reading today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

Hi , we are on week 6 of the diet reading before diet and on medication could be as high as 18 , all meds stopped after week one and sugars generally sitting between 7 & 8 once being 6 , however today for some reason they have risen to 12-13 I’ve no idea why , Andy who is the diabetic is wondering if he should go back on meds , he really doesn’t want to but is worried about damage to body , I’d like to hang on until Monday and see what the doctor says . He has been doing strenuous work today , could that cause the problem , please can someone give me some advice to settle Andy’s worries , thanks in advance

• posted by Bill1954
    on

At what time did you take the reading?
    If it was a fasting reading, the dawn effect could have an influence and my experience was, as I was getting rid of the fat from my liver and pancreas, I got high fasting readings and yet my HbA1C tests were really good. The high readings were in weeks 5 to 6, after that they settled down again and I know others had the same experience.
    Test pre and post dinner for a more accurate reading

• posted by Ziggy
    on

“The high readings were in weeks 5 to 6, after that they settled down again and I know others had the same experience.” – Very Interesting

If you are testing post meal – test at an hour and two hours after to catch quick and slower spikes

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Exactly what I do. Fasting readings are notoriously erratic because of the stored sugar released during the sleeping hours.
    I also found that having a fatty snack before bed reduced the fasting readings as, apparently, it stops the liver from releasing so much sugar if your digestive system is otherwise engaged.
    My pre and post meal readings are much closer to the HbA1c test results.
    Like I say others had the same experience, I think Cherrianne was one of them.

Please log in or register to post a reply.