Help Please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Big Chap
    on

Already started so obviously read the book but I am somewhat confused, trying to eat a low carb diet, between 20-50g per day but looking at the recipes lentils seem to be low carb but when you scan them they are high in carbs don’t know which one to believe?
    Also was in a rush this morning so had an apple and pear for breakfast massive amounts of carbs.
    Am I missing the point or just being stupid(probably) !!!
    If somebody could shed some light on this for me that would be good.
    Many thanks in advance

• posted by shalimar
    on

“low carb” … the term is relative …. just count them

The book doesn’t really go into setting carbs per day …. the 50 carbs or less is what people here have found works

You probably need to do some prep work ….. count the calories and carbs in the foods and food combinations you regularly eat …. then you won’t be rushing out without knowledge. Knowledge is power.

All vegetables have carbs.

You may need to get a small scale and some measuring cups of various sizes. This does take time and preparation.

You can have the apple …. you just have to count the calories and carbs …..

Actually if you start out at 50 carbs or so for a while ….. then you have something to adjust if things are not working or if you hit a weight loss plateau (and you will).

• posted by shalimar
    on

p.s. Lentils are good healthy complex carbs …. just measure and count the calories and carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.