help ketosis flashing on monitor

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marxistfood
    on

pre breakfast reading 15,5 and meter flashing ketosis im week 5 and have had fluctuating readings after cutting the one metformin per day , readings started to come back down to 9. and 8 including a couple of 7.5… now this… do I need to do something ?? I thought going into ketosis was good sign but accompanied by such a high first of the day reading worries me thanks all

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

have you read up on the Dawn Phenomenon – dont have time to explain just now as I am heading for the chiropodist.

on

I’m back with lovely smooth feet!!! Marxist, how long have you been on this plan. Maybe you have reduced your meds too soon.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Marxist Marxistfood – are your blood sugars high for the rest of the day?

• posted by Marxistfood
    on

week 4 (although we did a low cal week the week before we started to ease our way in Readings dropped back down that day to 9 and 8,5 today 7. and a 6.5 just worried that for the first time in 4 weeks monitor registere4d ketosis but with a very high reading. Its so confusing sometimes (and worrying too ) can this work without going into ketosis – am wondering why Im not in ketosis as stick to the 800 cals and low carb Confused.com !!

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Have a look at the link I’ve posted in Take a Look at This, I hope it will help.

on

I have been doing this plan on and off for the last 2 years, the off’s are holidays etc but I mainly stick to 800 calories. I dont really count carbs and seem to be around 50g daily and I have never gone into ketosis. I might as well throw the sticks in the bin. I have heard that keeping to 20g of carbs can cause ketosis but for me the balance between calories and carbs makes it too hard. For example, if I get my carbs down to 20g my calories are around 500 / 600 and I would prefer to stick with 800. Having said that, I almost never eat starchy carbs and it has been 2 years since I ate a potato in any form.

Please log in or register to post a reply.