'help' for 100,000 prediabetics

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Judith. That’s helpful. At least we wouldn’t be left wondering what we’d done wrong. I’m sure it’ll be fine ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Hi All,

Just wanted to say that I love your posts as they are so inspirational & supportive.
    I’m not much of a poster but love reading your posts.

Thank you !!!
    Jay

• posted by Shadow2
    on

I posted earlier but can’t find the post!!! Anyway I think the petition is a fabulous idea and I am sure we could get the signatures we need even though it has to be just in the UK. There must be hundreds on this site and I bet they don’t all post. I am telling everyone about this diet and 2 friends have just bought glucose meters to see if they have got pre diabetes and also pedometers to increase walking. Hashimoto says petition is not live yet so that must be why I couldn’t find it. Will someone post when it is live please in case I miss it. Thanks. New people …….. don’t take any notice of the negative comments, this diet DOES work. I go on facebook rarely but will go on if I can do anything to help the cause.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Shadow2. Well done for encouraging people to try this diet.

Like so many on here you know this works.

I think you’ll soon hear when the petition goes live, we’ll be shouting it from the rooftops ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Won’t we, Judith and Bill?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Shadow2 will i post when the petition goes live? Try stopping me!!!!!!

If we get 10,000 signatures the government has to respond. 100,000 and it has to be ‘heard’.

When it goes live you can click on ‘map’ and track the number of signatures in each area. It also gives the name of the MP for each area – so lots of lobbying potential!

๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Too right lynn, you’ll hear us shout up and down the land! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hey Judith, never mind shouting! Flags and drums as well. We’ll get their attention ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi jay thankyou for your kind words to forum posters. We would love to hear how you are doing so keep on posting ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Judith,
    I have received the email saying the petition has been rejected. All is not lost. They have suggested a petition that they would accept which I think just needs a few extra words adding such as ‘a low calorie diet based on a low carbohydrate approach rather than the current high carbohydrate approach’. I think thats all it needs. What do you all think?

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi
    I just had one to, but like Janet said all is not lost, I think go for it and try again.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Just checked, I have the email too
    Low calorie diet ??
    They need a good talking to

• posted by orchid
    on

that sound fine to me and clarifies one of the big differences in the approach – positive that they are helping!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sorry Judith. I think I fired off an email to you while I was trying to cut and past the text below. I have taken your original petition statement and moved it around a little bit based in the feedback we were given. What do you think?

Give diabetics and pre-diabetics the correct treatment.

It has been announced that by 2020, 100,000 pre-diabetics will be given ‘lifestyle help’ to
    reduce the risk of developing diabetes. But this
    ‘lifestyle help’ is based on flawed research which
    points to a high carbohydrate, low fat diet as being beneficial to pre-diabetics. This approach has been prescribed for years with few positive results for patients. Professor Taylor of Newcastle University has shown that, in fact, a low carbohydrate, high fat diet does have the ability to reverse Type 2 diabetes.
    By 2020 the government’s scheme will cost ยฃ7 million. We welcome the intervention and the financial contribution to help battle ‘diabesity’. However, we believe that it would be money wasted if the same old methods are prescribed.

We request the government to consider Professor Taylor”s evidence and consider making it the foundation of the advice given to people with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi folks, I spotted that as soon as I got in and rewrote it. I have sent you links to the ‘new’ petition, hopefully they should be in your email box shortly ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi all
    I have just been talking a friend, he was advised by his diabetic nurse to try the BSD. So the word is getting out there.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow Sharon that is wonderful news!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Signed Judith.

Great news Sharon.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Janet a brilliant description. You are very restricted as to how many words you can use. It is divided into 3 boxes so it is hard to make it as coherent as one would like.

I don’t have a smart phone so when I got in I checked my emails and the rejected petition leapt out at me. I was disappointed for you all as I know so many on the forums are waiting to sign. I hadn’t realized you had all had the email and I wanted to get it moving as fast as possible. I feel awful about you spending time on a rewrite that I didn’t notice until I had resent. Sorry ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Lol! Don’t worry Judith. It didn’t take long at all. I’m just glad we are going again.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi Judith

Not got the link yet.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

It must be slow, I’ve only got a response from janet and lynne so far. It seemed slow last time too. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sharon
    on

That was quick signed

• posted by hashimoto
    on

spooky, what happened there? one second I was responding to your message the next I get email confirming your support!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sharon
    on

I got the link as soon as I pressed post. Spooky. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Signed Judith
    Been out with the family for dinner and I was very good ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Sorry have been out all day just got in and signed now!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Isn’t it lovely to be able to go out and stay with the principles of the diet? The more we all post events like that the more reassurance it gives to others. Hope you all had a lovely evening ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Julia nothing to be sorry about, I was out a lot myself and the rejection was sat in my inbox for a while. We have to have our normal lives lol.

Folks the petition is currently been checked again. Hopefully it will pass this time and we can get down to business. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

Can I come and sign the petition too! You are all so wonderful and supportive! Inspirational! I’ll get friends and family to sign too, and I run a lung cancer charity so will get a couple of the doctors who are trustees to sign it too!

Things have to change and we can help that happen.

My Sister-in-law is a dietician….if she tells me once more to eat low fat yogurt I swear I’ll be serving a 25 year stretch inside!

• posted by Sharon
    on

We will, and as so many people are saying on the forum, this is a lifestyle change that is sustainable.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Yes Judith, and all others here, let’s continue with our POSITIVE messages and continue to make progress. I was out tonight and resisted the chocolate eggs which passed under my nose several times – and have had a good few days on stricter track so hoping my plateau might become a downward line again.
    Thanks for your work on the petition.

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

PS Happyslappy – please stop posting negative messages on here. Your spelling and grammar alone make me cringe, let alone what you are saying. I am certainly not looking at this as a quick 8 week fix and then go back to my old ways, and I don’t believe anyone else posting here is that naive either. Your opinion is noted now please respect ours and politely do one ๐Ÿ‘‰

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Denise of course we will. As soon as it goes ‘live’ everyone will be able to sign it. We are just waiting for it to be checked. The site shuts the petition temporarily once there are 5 supporters. Can’t wait, denise!. It sounds like you could be a one woman mission! You are really going to get the ball rolling with your contacts!

I think it will take a lot to change minds , we have all been brainwashed for so many years ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sharon
    on

Well said Denise47

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Denise i reported his post as soon as it popped up. The more of us that report the better. Sounds like he/she is getting pretty scared about something

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks julia, the plateaus then drops seem to be a feature for a lot of us and well done on ignoring the choccy eggs ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sharon
    on

Judith
    I have reported it.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith

Me too

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill did you see the email I sent you last night? Your thoughts? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

I heard on a Radio 4 interview with George Osborne during the Today programme, that he lost his weight on the 5:2 and is well aware of the sugar situation. Funny now, I remember him before, I think it was the previous election beginning to look much slimmer. What the political outcome will be is uncertain but children’s juices need toning right down regardless of the industry lobbying.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Interesting info, skywalker, thanks for that ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

FABULOUS NEWS The petition has been published!!!!!

You can google. Petition. Nhs to encourage treatment of type 2 diabetes with a low carbohydrate diet

Lets get those signatures rolling!!!!

Best easter gift ever :). ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi Judith,

That’s fantastic news and thank you so much for your work in getting this off the ground. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Well done Judith!

• posted by orchid
    on

Done – 7 signatures now ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks for all the effort you put into getting this rolling

• posted by Sharon
    on

8 now used different email.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thankyou Sharon for being one of my supporters!! Same goes for Lynne, Bill, Sunnyb, Janet and Julia. I can’t thankyou enough xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thankyou for signing so promptly Orchid! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh, clever you, Sharon!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    There is a ‘map’ button folks, if you look up or click on a section of the map you can get your MPs name. You can also add it to your facebook page to get the word out fast!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Mm, I’m doing something wrong, I copied and pasted judith’s statement but when I googled it it took me to the petition that was rejected. Can anyone give me the correct link please? I’ll get it on my facebook page then.

Please log in or register to post a reply.