'help' for 100,000 prediabetics

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by orchid
    on

I had the same issue. If you search gov and petition is takes you to the correct website. I then searched on carbohydrates and it found 2 petitions, one was the correct one.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi janet google the petition as nhs to encourage….
    Presss map button then facebook icon. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi janet just realised you don’t need to click the map button to get the facebook icon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks for that janet!!!

• posted by CH
    on

Thank You Janet, I have signed and hope it works? I have been spreading the word and my friends can see the difference it has made to me, 1lb off losing a stone in 5 weeks – it’s great.

Regards
    CH

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks CH, great news on your weight loss too!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great news Judith.

Shared on Facebook.

Great result CH. congratulations.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great weight loss CH! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Hi! Petition is great, am trying my hardest to sign it, but it keeps telling me that I haven’t clicked the link, when I have…..

Will try to find another way to get this signed as we need everyone possible on board!!

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Thanks Judith, signed xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Posted link on Twitter as well.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi fi, just google petition nhs to encourage…. And you should get it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

You might have to copy and paste the link into your browser

• posted by Sharon
    on

Shared on my Facebook too.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Signed!

I brandished the book at my dr last Monday and she gave me her blessing to try it.

• posted by malkay
    on

Just signed. Great idea – I’ll share on FB too.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Jpscloud that is marvellous! Thanks for signing. My doctor looked at my results ( I took in my own data and the book) and then wrote down the title because she was going to order one for herself and one for her mother!!! Just to lose weight!!

Thanks Malkay!!

Thanks Lynne for facebooking and putting it on twitter! I’ve only been on facebook since the autumn and haven’t dipped my toes into any other social media yet.
    Thanks Sharon for putting it on facebook too

Up the revolution fellow BSDers!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

Signed and shared oh Facebook! ๐ŸŽคwe’re gonna start a revolution weellll you know!๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽถ

Just be grateful you can’t actually hear my singing voice – this is one Welshie that missed out on that gift! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Denise! Welsh and don’t sing???? Can’t believe it! You won’t believe this – I have sung, as part of my college choir. In Bangor Cathedral. But I won’t mention the time I was freewheeling down what we called bangor mountain and virtually ran the bishop of bangor over. Oh boy, I was shocked! ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Fifip…… I had the same problem but when I went back into my e-mails there was an e-mail to click on and confirm my e-mail address. I am now signed and am in the process of sending off the petition to my e-mail contacts and know some will sign. Will be very exciting seeing the numbers go up. I am going to write to my local MP as well.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Lol Judith, I can just picture that ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I know Cherrianne, the picture of the bishops face is firmly imprinted on my memory! I don’t think the principal was too pleased either – lucky for me that he was a fellow Yorkshire person ! ๐Ÿ™‚ It certainly wiped the grin from my face as I was hurtling down the mountain lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by bob fox
    on

Just signed and shared on Facebook. Up the revolution!!!!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Yayyy Bob Fox – up the revolution!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Judith,
    At least his face is only imprinted on your memory and not the front forks of your bicycle lol.
    I used to cycle home with two friends, one of whom was well known for being ditzy. She would be so busy looking across and chatting, she’d never watch where she was going. One day she ran into a teenage boy from behind. I can still hear the ‘oof’ noise he made as her front wheel went between his legs and lifted him back up over her handlebars.
    Still laughing as I type this after all these years. Luckily didn’t do him any permanent harm.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi, the petition is now up to 47 and the distribution across the UK pretty uniform – fun to look at the map.
    Suggestion. A few people have mentioned that their GP or nurses are supportive and or buying the book. If you remember, and feel happy doing it – take the petition number into the surgery or clinic next time you go and tell them about it. If they believe this works they may be happy to add their name to the petition, after all they will have all the work to role out the ‘new initiative’ so would probably prefer to be rolling out something they agree with and or at least have the choice in what they prescribe!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

That’s hilarious cherrieanne, poor lad. In my ditzy defence there was only a narrow lane cut through the hill side and it happened on a sharp blind bend. It just never occurred to me someone might be there, it hadn’t happened before.

I’m still laughing at the image you have planted in my head! X

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Since you posted its 49 orchid.
    Good idea, was planning to give it to my asthma nurse next week.
    Perhaps others will take up your suggestion, the more proactive we are the better!

Up the revolution! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by susieb
    on

I just signed – yaaay, number 50! I’ll share on Facebook.

Denise, I’m another Welshie who can’t sing. In fact, I’m positively banned from singing in my household! Lol!

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi all, I’ve just signed the petition and sad to say I was number 49, for the number of people posting on the forums this is really bad, we need so many more to sign up pleeeeze! I,ve posted it on my Facebook page to try and drum up support so come on folks, this is so easy. Instead of spending millions on dietitians, free gym passes etc lets get the word out there, it’s all about changing your shopping trolley and mindset.

Preaching over, everyone have a great Easter weekend and keep up the good work.

Please log in or register to post a reply.