Hello all! Starting today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Traveling Rose
    on

Hi, I’m in the US, just starting today. I’m 58 and don’t have pre-diabetes; my weight’s just crept up and I’d like to lose 10-15lbs (5kg). I struggle with dieting and hope this will be a good option; my brother-in-law did really well on it. Starting weight: 145lbs. (67 kg). Glad to find the forums for camaraderie and support! And look forward to following others’ journeys.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Traveling Rose – welcome aboard! Lots of us on here have been in it mainly to lose weight, but it will inevitably improve your health and wellbeing too. Like you, I found my at menopause my weight crept up and ended up with about 30lb to lose. Happy to say that’s done now, but I am still here on maintenance, so that I don’t slip back.

The BSD is very doable and once you have got your head around to low carb, full fat thing, it becomes second nature as a way of eating. Look out for the four week challenges on the forum. They are worth joining and make the eight week stints feel less daunting. The current challenge has only a week to run, but there will be a new one starting next Tuesday.

I’d recommend setting mini goals to hit along the way, as this gives a sense of achievement and helps keep you focused. Maybe make your first one getting to 140lb? Make good use of the forum for advise, support and encouragement – it got me to the end goal and many others too.

Best of luck to you on your BSD journey.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi Travelling Rose,
    I will happily join you as I need a serious re-boot (or kick up the a***)!
    I was doing really well and had all but vanquished the carb habit but I have gradually slipped from the path. I haven’t actually put on weight but I feel bloated and lacking in energy and I know I will feel so much better if I can get back on track. It’s 4 weeks to the solstice and 3 to when we move house! So I have a sensible gap of time to get myself sorted.
    Looking forward to a New Year full of health and happiness.
    SSB

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Good morning all, I’m kicking off with a fast day – I find this really does help me to focus and gives me a sense of achievement when I’m starting out.
    As I said, I haven’t put on weight but I’m sure my waist size has gone up and as I am a TOFI that isn’t good news.
    Have a great day everyone.
    SSB

on

Thanks Sunny B! I appreciate the welcome and encouragement :). Got a bit derailed by Christmas and travel, but I’m back on the 5:2 now.

on

Happy new year to you, SSB! May it be one where we reach our goals. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.