Hello All!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MuscleMomma
    on

I am a 30 year old mom, wife and IT worker who loves to build muscle and workout! I have currently lost over 60 pounds with a low sugar/low carb diet (at 1200 cals). I have been off track and have been gaining/losing the same 5-10 pounds for the last 2-3 months, my exercise habit is what has kept any real weight off.

Over the course of the past few months I have learned a lot. I learned I need a strict plan and can’t “give myself a break”, since “breaks” don’t seem to end. When I lost weight originally I rarely gave into temptation, but as the weight came off I got lazy when I reached my current size.

That is why I am excited about doing the 8 week low sugar diet plan. I still need to lose 80-90 more pounds to reach my goal but I think this will really help me focus. Originally my doctor had me on a VERY similar plan, I was to eat 800-1200 cals a day, but struggled to stay at 1200 even. This time around I think I have the tools now to stay at 800. The biggest is seeing others on the same kind of plan. I was basically all alone before. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lily_girl
    on

Hi MuscleMomma, like you I love building muscle and working out. I lost 10 pounds before summer with nutritionist help and exercise and now they are coming back. I’m also excited about starting this program but probably when working out eat up to 1000 cal and other days 800. Wish you all the best ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey MuscleMomma,

I used to be a workout fan until a severe back injury scuppered my visits to the gym ๐Ÿ™ I’m still recovering and about to go for my second round of treatment so think it’ll be a while before I can start working out properly again. I’m very impressed with your 60lb weight loss! I hope I’ll be able to hit that kind of goal (aiming to lose 100lbs if I can). Like you, I’m starting to realise I cannot have breaks or too many cheats or I just sabotage any progress I’ve made. It sounds like you have the mentality to do really well on this plan – and you definintely won’t be alone! Keep posting on here as it’s great to hear about everyone’s progress.

Lily-girl – good luck for starting this plan!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Good luck to both of you!

Just to say it really does seem to be about the carb content rather than sticking religiously to the calories.

If you are working out, you can increase the calories but keep the carbs at 50g per day (cutting out the refined carbs of course) and that should be effective.

I found the following website helpful in planning the nutritional breakdown so have a look and see if it helps http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

• posted by MuscleMomma
    on

So nice to meet you all!

Lily girl, thanks for the advice! I workout 3-4 times a week at a bootcamp (HITT style) so those extra calories will be very helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

Flash, I totally understand how you feel. I messed my ankle up really back in 2006 and was booted for 6 months. I have injured it twice since (and the horrible boot came back D:). Don’t rush physical healing or you can hurt yourself again like I did lol! It good to know someone else that has issues with “breaks” ๐Ÿ™‚ keep me posted on your progress as well.

igorasusal thanks for the link!

• posted by Flash21
    on

Very nice to meet you too!

Injuries suck, don’t they? I’m really frustrated at the moment. Even walking is terribly painful for me. I’m trying not to rush things as I know that just sets me back but at the same time I hate not being able to do anything.

I’m definitely going to try to avoid giving myself breaks. I know they don’t work for me! I always have that little voice in the back of my head trying to tempt me down the carbs road but I am going to ignore it! Feeling positive today as is my day 4 and I have lost 7lbs. I have also started my own thread, so feel free to pop over there at any time!

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/so-it-starts-today-my-8-week-at-least-diary/

Please log in or register to post a reply.