Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

Gavin- i went on hol last week and pretty much ate what i wanted!!! you name it i tried it!! and was no surprise on tues weight had gone up!! so back on it and felt pants all this week but had a cheeky weigh in this morning and i have lost 2 kg !!!!! mad so if i can do it you can keep going and next saturday i bet you when you jump on the scales you will have lost !!!!! at least you didnt gain anything fingers crossed you get a double result next weigh in , i am sending you a saint of weighing scales ( theres got to be one!!!!) so keep going we will push you on its only a week till next weigh in !!!
    janey safe trip home !!
    lucky good lucky in the kitchen!!( see what i did there eh!!!!xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Gavin, glad you blanked out that swear word. Last night I cooked burgers in b–ns with ch–s, and I put my hand up, I stole 2 ch–s, but the skinny ones. Stop beating yourself up and stop eating cr-p, that’s what works for me. A pound off today to back on track.

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Thanks Toyko14 ๐Ÿ™‚

sunshine sounds healthy what you ate if I translated it correctly –

burgers with beans with lettuce & you stole 2 thin cut cheese slice pieces ๐Ÿ˜‰

Today has been very healthy so far. My health shake in the morning (yoghurt, green tea, flax seeds, blueberries) and my soup machine is in action at the moment cooking and preparing my lunch. Tonight is chicken stir fry with lime and cocunut (very low carb/cal). All in all without any extras my calories total up to 612. Just got to decide what extras to have for the full 800.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCKY i hope the gel thingies help.. I found they helped me a little then helped more as i got more used to having them stuck in my shoes..dont make the mistake I made tho..i put them in my sandals foolishly thinking my enormous weight wd be enough to keep them in place..! But i must have somehow walked outa them and arrived back home without them!
    Here’s a joke for a sat night chuckle..

Smile Time
    There I was, sitting at the bar, staring at my drink, when a large, trouble-making biker steps up next to me, grabs my drink and gulps it down in one swig.

“Well, whatcha gonna do about it ?” he says menacingly, as I burst into tears.

“Come on, man,” the biker says, “I didn’t think you’d CRY. I can’t stand to see a man crying.”

“This is the worst day of my life,” I say. “I’m a complete failure. I was late to a meeting and my boss fired me. When I went to the parking lot, I found my car had been stolen and I don’t have any insurance. I left my wallet in the cab I took home. I found my wife in bed with another man… and then my dog bit me.
    So I came to this bar to work up the courage to put an end to it all, I buy a drink, I drop a capsule in and sit here watching the poison dissolve; and then
    you show up and drink the whole damn thing !!
    But Hell, enough about me, how are you doing ?” ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi everyone – busy couple of days – sorry if I’ve missed any posts – catching up!

congratulations on the wedding outfit fitting Jan, that’s brilliant. two weeks away – it’ll be too loose by the time the day arrives!
    Gavin – congratulations on staying stable, even though it was a grotty week

Yesterday I went to a restaurant that I used to love a few years ago – not sure why we stopped going!
    Food and service were amazing – and pretty BSD friendly – my starter was salted beetroot with ricotta, and I had hake with aubergine caviar and a tomato salady thing for my main course. AND a tiny glass of wine! With coffee they served teeny Madeleine type cakes, about the size of a 1p piece. Ate it!!
    My pedometer was pretty high – but I think quite a lot of it was from shuffling round an exhibition, although we did get to the restaurant then I realised I’d left a bag in the cloakroom at the gallery, so that probably added about a mile!

I had a really nice meal this evening too – Mediterranean cod with green beans – and I really fancied rice with it, so had some.
    I have the tilda microwave stuff – a third of a pack is only 15 carbs, so still under 50g for the day.
    Scary thing is that I used to think they were one portion pouches – a serving is supposed to be half a pack, but I debated between a quarter and a third; had a third in the end.

I bought lots more sugar free jelly in the supermarket – did you make yours up yet Lucky?

• posted by Frog
    on

Oh, and since I had the oven on for the fish, I decided to make the toasted oats to add to yoghurt that I decided on the other day. Added lots of cinnamon, and some nutmeg.
    I enjoyed the cod so much I forgot all about the oats and set the smoke alarm off. Burnt offerings, and a nasty black mark on the baking sheet.
    Another time!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone ,Thanks for all the support. I’m doing happy dances today, I finally cracked 85Kg .Today 84.7kg I think its because I’m using my S Health app to track everything and I took my BGL 4 times a day for a couple of days. I realize that a few nuts for a snack is not 3 handfuls of cashews.I also experimented with control of my afternoon eating, option 1 eat a big meal at 4pm and small dinner. did not work. Option 2 eat a bigger lunch did not work I went over my 800.Currently missing breakfast or eating very little,then a normal lunch. If feeling very hungry I check BGL to discover BGL is OK its a craving .Drink several cups of green tea and eat a few veggie sticks.I have set some new goals. to loose 5Kg by October when my youngest son comes home to visit he lives on the other side of Australia so its a big event. I celebrated by buying a spiralizer gadget and Im going out to buy the cook book .
    Gavin, I hope you are feeling better,try to review what you have been doing to see if there is any small things that you can change , it wont take much to get things moving again.
    Someone was saying that they love and miss pizza, google PaleoPal, there is a recipe for cauliflour pizza that looks interesting. ‘Im using a few recipes from Paleo cook books by Pete Evans and another by Daniel Green.I tried this diet along with hundreds of others but did not stick to it.
    cheers to all

• posted by Antigone
    on

BUtterlover – Brilliant! and a good new goal too – how many weeks have you done?
    Gavin – you’re doing great so get over yourself!
    Frog – glad you’ve managed to control yourself around regular folks! I didn’t do so well – meal out with friends on Friday AND Saturday!
    Monday is weigh day but I might skip it – wasn’t losing last week (week 3 – lost a half stone in first 2 weeks) and after the weekend it won’t be good. Have to say my scales are a bit rubbish – if I move about I can change the reading by more than a kilo – they were cheap in a sale! Have resolved to be REALLY strict with the calories from now on! Wonder how Lucky will get on with all that lovely food around her?

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi greenjanet
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I can’t seem to keep up with all the activity on this page! Not if I want to get out and do my walking anyway๐Ÿ˜€

Last Wednesday was weigh in day and the start of week 18 and I hit 65kg, just 2 kilos away from my goal weight. At 5’6″ my BMI is already in the normal range at 23, but I’m just going to push it that bit further so I can fluctuate between 63kg and 65kg and not feel like I’m going over my goal.

I intend to keep added sugar and simple carbs out of my diet forever and simply increase my calories to a level where I can maintain this weight.

I still weigh and record everything every day and I will continue to read the posts as it really helps to keep my head in the right place.

It’s wonderful having all that extra energy isn’t it? I find doing a 2 hour walk no trouble at all now and I’m not at all sore afterwards ๐Ÿ˜Š

How’s your week going?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Morning Linda, sounds like you’re going great guns ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. It’s amazing how much easier walking has become, don’t you think? Yes, the little fitness bracelets and apps help by nagging is to get up off our a**es but it must also be down to the removal of horrid sludgy carbs in our systems. I’ve NEVER been able to ‘willingly’ walk this way before. I even volunteered to walk back up the steep hill to fetch the car for the rest of the (flagging) family while we were on holiday last week.. Unheard of!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

• posted by tokyo14
    on

janey janey !! you are back !! hope holiday was good and your journey home ok?
    now time to settle back into normality!!!!
    and back to bsd !!
    no news from lucky hope her catering going ok am sure she will keep us up to date when shes back !!
    glad to have you back surely timmy and eps will be back soon and the gang will have returned from holidays ready to go again!! and more crazy bad assed posts shall ensue!!!!
    maybe we can create a whole new dictionary for a whole new 8 weeks !?

on

Antigone, don’t skip your weigh in – even if you keep the result secret to yourself. I had a hiccup and put on 2lbs, confessed and started again with new enthusiasm, only been 2 days and I have lost 1lb of the creepy 2.

on

Help, my grandsons and husband are eating my Malteesers, I’ve been saving them for nearly 6 months and they go off in November. How can I stop them. Oh gone on then eat the lot, I don’t care anymore.

on

It’s hard letting go of Maltesers! I still have a packet of my fave German jelly sweets that I am hiding in the cat food cupboard, away from thieving kids. I have no intention of eating them at the mo but it’s nice to know they’re there!

Yes Tokyo, I am back! And time to knuckle down to our pre holiday BSD saintliness! ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

• posted by tokyo14
    on

saint janey here she comes baking low carb goodies!!!
    i cant stand maltessers but percy pigs a whole other story!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Goodday all!
    LINDA thats wonderful,you must be on top of the world! Only 2 kilos from goal! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    JANEY,Impressed by your going up the hill! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ
    LUCKY hope yr heel is ok now and doesnt spoil yr day๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
    Well done BUTTERLOVER! drink deeply from the pot of hurrah! Xโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Morning everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

What a crap weather today. Up on Dartmoor its been raining all day yesterday and its not much better today, along with some fog for good measure. I hope its better where you are.

Thanks everyone for your messages. Been strictly on the BSD today.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I love all those jelly sweets from jelly beans and jelly babies, Haribo Star Mix and wine gums to Colin Caterpillars and Percy Pigs,but its offputting reading the ingredients as they all say containing beef or pork …tho it didnt stop me eating them! Cant see me eating them ever again ๐Ÿค” ..or maybe i am being over optimistic ๐Ÿ˜‹
    I think theres a veggie Percy option now called Reversy Percy! Good old M n S! X
    Ps hi GAVIN so glad youre well n truly back on yr horse,clippety clop! X๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

on

Hi Gavin going to be 36 degrees here today, going in the pool in a minute. Keep on keeping on.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh the small joys of losing weight!
    Just painted my toenails without a big tum getting in the way
    Off out now..Wearing trousers and top that feel so so much comfier than they did 5 1/2 weeks ago when i had to battle my way into them! X
    36 degrees SUNSHINE GIRL…phew thats hot! X good job you can take a dip!

on

Yowzer, I think we should add the ‘toenail test’ to our glossary of terms as it had been a valid benchmark for several of our happy band (remembers Lucky’s griffin like toenail story ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Not sure about saintly baking today Tokes.. Although just found my shop bought linseed loaf in an advanced state of decomposition.. Yuk)

• posted by Izzy
    on

*puts hand up* I pass the toenail test haha

on

I’m not there yet (toenail painting) unless I stand up and put my foot on a chair.

• posted by Izzy
    on

you’re getting there sunshine girl ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

36 degrees. Wow . Best enjoy that. It’s 14ยฐC and even foggier.

Great work Yowser49 with the toe nails ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder how Lucky is doing:)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks JANEY and GAV..yes i’ve Claimed The Claws and Tamed Those Toenails!

Well done IZZY on passing the TN Test! X

SUNSHINE You’ ll get there ! If i can,anyone will.i had to do wild contortions trying to drag one leg up onto my knee and stabbing wildly at nails.. And i needed long distance glasses on as tootsies seemed so very far away with a big tum impeding me! X

on

well Gavinfabulosa, it is set to reach 42 by Tuesday. We just shut the house up, turn on the air con and watch a few box sets. Hot weather is not all volleyball on the beach and ice lollies.

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hey sunshine, I’ll swap you the fog and rain for that heatwave ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there Linda A

Ooh you are doing so well, and so close, you inspire me. I’m also 5ft 6in . The lowest I’ve ever been in 1979 was 10st 11 so not sure what I am going to be when I get to target whatever that will be. but I am at week 7 and half and lost 14.26 kilo 31.37 lbs in old money, I am amazed by the power of this eating plan, I really feel like refined carbs and sugars are just not for my consumption, decision not out of needing to diet etc just plain sensible choice. I wouldn’t want to take the chance of eating sugar and junk carbs, and sugar free rubbish etc as I am terrified of the monster appetite being triggered of again. If I lifted the lid on the can of worms I might not get them back in again. I also even eyes swerve any one on hear talking about such things as eating low sugar stuff, and things that are not compliment with the plan.I don’t want any thoughts of that even in my mind, still need to do a lot more mind training for when I do get to target hopefully by my birthday at Christmas. And yep I’m also finding walking much easier, I can doo 10,000 and still got more energy to doo other stuff. My OH said I had turned hyperactive.๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… just amazing. Let us know when you get to target and what you did to celebrate. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ‘ผ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JAN i feel like you..its as if sugary carby stuff is no longer an option for me,so its not even really a temptation any more…but also,again like you,still scared i could somehow release the Carb Monster again,so i mustnt get complacent,,dont want to risk it happening! And dont want a sore belly like so many peeps say they get when they have bread or pizza or something! X!

on

Yowzer, like you I cannot face carbs any more. (Except for that naughty slice of pizza which I hated). Tonight I have done a roast chicken dinner and the boys (3 of them) all wanted sage and onion stuffing. Oh dear that is my favourite, but I didnt even sneak a taste, it just scares me now knowing what it does to me. Do you know it has a name “orthorexia”, means fear of eating certain foods and sticking to a diet of pure foods.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNSHINE i love sage n onion stuffing too but even back in the Bad Old Days of Being Slave to the Carb,i found it hard to digest. I doubt our tums could take it now!
    Well done on you serving it up for the children tho..i dont have to see sights and smells that might lead me astray as i live alone….for instance someone mentioned family members making toast..what a lovely comforting and tempting smell that is!
    Yes from what i read on here,i am sure we have or are getting orthorexia..and i dont think we even mind!
    i have an irrational love / hate relationship with what was my addiction- simple carbs and sugar.
    No longer my addiction but i guess like a reformed drinker,never that far away from regressing!
    What helps is that feeling Jan talked about of just somehow feeling such foods are no longer an option..which is great, i find it helpful that i feel like that..but until i can feel totally indifferent to carbs around me, i am still a little under their influence! X

• posted by Timmy
    on

Bonjour people. I’m back from France. Think I put on 1lb or there abouts in 10 days. Instead of eating croissants for breakfast every morning I stuck with my yog and nuts. I did have croissants on a couple of occasions and some nice french bread, but on the whole was pretty good. Apart from the copious amounts of stinky cheese and pate and booze (although far less booze that I would have previously drunk!). I kept moving a LOT, and actually learned butterfly whilst I was away. I’m well chuffed. I’m a very good breast/crawl swimmer but have never been taught fly, so I was whooping like an idiot after my first length.

I then stupidly did tough mudder on saturday. 10.6 miles of torturous running/obstacle courses. I’ve got two mammoth bruises on the backs of my legs and a lovely one brewing on my hip, but it’s got to be said, it was brilliant fun. I’m signing up for next sure definitely!

on

Hi Timmy, welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

We are all in post holiday mode – need to get back on plan! Altho I think most of us were a lot better behaved than we feared prior to the BSD!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning chickadees!
    Welcome back TIMMY and well done on just very modest consumption of holiday goodies! โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ X

• posted by tokyo14
    on

Hurrah timmy is back !! Goid news on the hol food front
    like janey says all back in post hol mode ready to start again !!
    i am coming ip to my first week weigh in again on thurs so fingers crossed
    hoping for at least the 3 lb down that i put on whilst on hol
    you have been missed mr timmy !

• posted by Timmy
    on

Cheers guys. I’m all raring to go this week again. The truckload of wine and beer that I brought back from France can stay firmly in the cupboard for now.

As of typing right now, I have 102 days, 12 hours, 41 mins and 30 seconds until I’m 40.

My present to myself is going to be a flat stomach and great cardio fitness. I think I’ll reach my goal way before the 100 days are up. Holiday mode is completely and utterly gone. My next holiday is in 172 days and I’ll be training hard before that one anyway as I normally do (skiing holiday).

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Ok holiday season is winding down, lets all kick a**e and have a good week.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’m in the car on way home ๐Ÿ˜Š welcome home Timmy hope you had a good one! Speak to you all later!!! โ˜บ

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I have the logging in problem so I’m posting from page 1 ๐Ÿ˜‘

Am home, barely unpacked and daughter just sprung a new 6 foot boyfriend on me sporting lip piercing and guy liner ๐Ÿ˜ณ

That scale is class Timmy. The thread has missed you more than you know. Think I did at least a kilo this morning. At least. ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ

Miss me Janey??? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Timmy
    on

Guy liner? Oh dear. Take lots of photos. If the relationship becomes serious, you’ll be able to embarrass him when he grows up and realises that guy liner really isn’t a good shout.

on

Aw, the ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ are back!!

Yes we missed you. How was the buffet? Did you behave??

Guy liner?? Ban him from the house. Immediately.

• posted by Timmy
    on

When you say the ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ are back, are you referring to me and Lucky!??!?!?!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yeah Janey, are you calling us ๐Ÿ’ฉ’s???

Started buffet 4.45 am. Finished it 9.15 am. I was horrendously drunk. Standard. The only naughty thing I had was… One half a bap with egg mayo and cress on. No pastry ๐Ÿ˜Š No dessert. Took hummus and pepper and carrot sticks and had my elana bread sarnies. Salad. That was it. But I did have 2 bottles red… ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜ฑ

on

Tee hee, are you calling yourselves a pair of ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ’s??!! I know red wine is ok on the BSD Lucky.. But 2 bottles?!

I made Elana’s rye bread yesterday – very respectable I thought! I also over indulged in the end of holiday Indian on sat night and lived to regret it yesterday (bring in the scales!!)

• posted by Timmy
    on

Did you have the dreaded BSD hangover as a result?

on

I’ve still got Willies in my cupboard! Just tried one -even that tastes too sweet ๐Ÿค

• posted by Timmy
    on

Janey, what you keep in your cupboard is up to you!

Please log in or register to post a reply.