Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I love it! Cinderella moment πŸ™‚

I used to read Mallory Towers too, not so sure on the other ones. They don’t ring a bell, I’ll have a look after see if I can refresh my memory. There were so many books. Happy days.

Good luck with your acupuncture πŸ™‚ I’m going up!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

oooo wish I hadn’t spotted that photo of those chick pea cookies!! Will be looking foward to an update – though probably better for me if they are strange more than delicious so I wont be tempted to make :-))))

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Don’t they look amazing, Epspecially? I’m trying the pastry in a bit too (making it, not eating it!) I’ll bake a little bit to try and if it’s ok, I’m going to make mini pies with it and freeze them. If not, the pie filling (which is like Shepherd’s Pie) can have mashed cauliflower on top instead. Win win. I am really intrigued by the Yorkshire pudding though, now, if that works, it puts a different slant on having a roast dinner! Can you tell I’m more savoury leaning than sweet? πŸ˜‰ Although I would definitely have a nibble at least on a chickpea cookie, just to see πŸ™‚

• posted by Timmy
    on

Gram flour yorkshires are a game changer! Defo trying them when I next have a roast.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I was discussing them with the boss (ha!) last night and like I said, the wraps are like pancakes, aren’t they? So it makes sense that the batter would (should) produce something like a yorkshire pudding. I won’t risk trying them the first time when I’ve got a roast, I’ll do them before and if they’re ok, I’ll freeze them.

I saw something else last night, soaking raw poppadoms for a few seconds in water so they soften and using them as a spring roll wrapper. As long as you make sure they are the gram flour ones, I think some use rice flour. Looked interesting anyway.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

I honestly believe you must have a freezer bigger than Iceland! All these goodies being squirrelled away!!!

I have PMT today and my boss is running scared. He has bought us both a slice of chocolate cheesecake, ostensibly as a celebration for our half year results but mainly to placate my homicidal tendencies. I’m not particularly keen on eating it but I may have a little….

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I have two Janey, we’re a family of 6 lol. An upright and a chest freezer. Before my BSD days I used to batch cook a lot, I need to start doing that again.

Pastry is made! Pie filling is made! Pastry is… not unbelievably sticky but one could imagine it sticking stone to wood. If my husband sees it he’ll no doubt find some DIY use for it. Better bake it asap and then give my opinion! Was simple though, if it works, whizz flour, salt, olive oil and water bit by bit until it comes together.

Yayyyyyy! PMT! I think my PMT is due any time soon, how wonderful! (Timmy, hide) We can be homicidal together πŸ™‚

Oooooh you’re brave, but enjoy what you do eat of it. If you don’t enjoy it, it’s not worth eating it, is it? That’s the way I’m looking at it. If I’m going to feel guilty eating it, then I don’t want it.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Ladies, I err, need to go and do the, err, thing. Yes, the thing…….. (slowly backs out of the room then runs for his life!!)

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

MAKE SURE IT’S DONE BLOODY RIGHT THIS TIME!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Pie update. Pastry rolls fairly well. Decided to make two large pies as opposed to four smaller ones, and they can be shared. A respectable (for a pie!) 455 calories. Not great when you’re eating 800 in a day, but with a mound of vegetables and a vegetable soup for lunch, it’s very do-able for when I get the pastry urge. I was going to cook some off first but there wasn’t enough to spare… so if anyone’s interested in how the pastry looks (yellow) (ish)…

Ooops didn’t realise it would shove the whole twitter thing in the post! Aaaaaaargh. I didn’t know you could put pictures in posts??? Ah well. It looks yellow.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i am returned without needles !!
    have i missed your cinderella monent lucky how did the clothes trying go ?
    i am just having lunch of mackeral strip salad ( get me !!) and then i am entering the kitchen for baking of the cookies !!!!
    are the bad ladies scaring you timmy ?
    i would be scared very scared !!!!!!
    enjoy the cheesecake janey
    i have been to a chinese supermarket whilst out but nothing that i could see as low carb although i cant read chinese doh !!!!!!! so i bought mad pop for hubby !!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hello Tokyo, I haven’t got round to it yet. I been making pie πŸ™‚ Plus, I need my personal Gok with me (husband) to give me his honest opinion. He’d best not have bought a caravan or I’ll go mad.
    What is mad pop???

• posted by tokyo14
    on

the japanese do what we call freaky pop !! we went there a couple of years ago and my hubby loves their pop you get allsorts of flavours problem is you have no idea what cos its all in japanese !!! today i have bought something called royal milk tea ( it looks like cold weak tea but taste like tea made with sterilized milk!!!)
    and two other bottles one has a singing peach on it and the other a dancing mint leaf !!!! yep go figure !!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hahaha brilliant! The singing peach sounds promising… although, there was a red wine and drinking a bottle of Archers after it incident years ago. I was sick in my shoes. I still shudder when I smell peach.
    You’ll probably get what my user name is then, if you’ve been to Japan – I collect them. I’ve got… 24 and a necklace, and a keyring and a cross stitch and a car sticker. I’m obsessed with the buggers. Workmen came one day and I heard them say it was creepy, they’re all over my kitchen. I like them, and I’ve been really lucky since I started collecting them so… pffffft to them.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

COOKIE NEWS
    well ladies and gent cookie dough made !!! resting in the fridge and i have to say it looks and smells like chocolate cookies i only put a third coco and the rest raw cacoa powder as carbs were better and only put half actual choc and it was 80%
    but bloody hell it looks like cookie dough i shall commence cooking in 30 mins !!!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oh brilliant!!!! My pies have come out of the oven, and it looks like pastry… it smells like pastry… and I broke a tiny overhanging piece off and … it kind of tastes like pastry too! There is a faint after taste, but it’s not a horrible taste, not a deal breaker. Just chickpea-ey.

Eeeeeeeee Tokyo, I have a good feeling about your cookies. It’s going to be a successful day all round πŸ™‚ I can feels it in me waters! Keep us updated!

on

Singing peaches… yay!

This morning we were in Wales, now you’ve all gone Chinese and Japanese.. no wonder I’m lost.

Cookies sounding great.. we need a pic! I just ate the cheesecake slice my boss bought me. Actually enjoyed it till about 2/3 of the way through then thought.. I’m done. Suspect the innards may be grumbling in protest all afternoon but it was nice for a one off treat, especially as we shall be feasting tonight on egg curry with a side of spiced leftover veg that I know is currently rotting in the fridge!

Pie… mmmm. I saw a recipe for pizza base made from gram flour too.. Now that would be worth having..

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i am liking the pizza base can i upload pics on here ?? if so how the hell !!
    i am going in now they have 30 mins and will be cooked in 10 !!!
    i have even got chicken marinading in harissa !!!
    nigella who i hear you ask oh yes i am the domestic goddess !!!!!!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi tokyo14
    To get images on here you have to go a roundabout way.
    First go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.
    Once open you can upload any pics by drag and drop.
    Once uploaded, when you click on an image you will see a bunch of links to the right of it, copy the “Direct” link and just post it on here — simples πŸ™‚

• posted by tokyo14
    on

thanks bill
    first batch out and tried the tiniest one tasted very chocolaety !!! very rich but cant taste chickpea although taste slightly salty !!
    i would give it a 7 out of ten !! they smell like cookies !!!!!!!

on

Chocolate salty balls??!! Did you add salt to them or do you think its the ‘savoury’ flour?

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hey everybody have you seen my balls? They’re big and salty and brown! If you ever need a quick pick me up, just stick my balls in your mouth. Oooooh suck on my chocolate salty balls…. stick em in your mouth and suck ’em

(if anyone hasn’t seen/heard this before, they’re going to think I’m off my chunk!)

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Timmy you beat me to it!!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

You snooze you lose!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

7 out of ten ain’t bad… πŸ™‚ Glad they were a success! Good to know how to put pics on too, thanks Bill πŸ™‚

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well it said add salt but i would reduce it i think
    i would make them again bit rich but i would reduce choc which isnt that bad i guess i have a pic if i can sort it i will upload it but pretty much like the picture on recipe !!!
    so we have pie and cookies come janey what you bringing to the party ?

on

I’m toying with the coffee break cake.. but also I am waiting for my new loaf tin to arrive so I can make date and walnut bread!! Hmm, decisions..

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Make both. It’s your turn now Janey, we’re all baked out. Until tomorrow.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i cant upload the dam pic i got photo bucket but then i just waffle bloody technology

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i upload pic ok i even find options to share then it all goes wrong it gives me four options
    email
    direct
    html
    and another one i click on direct link it just copies the writing but nothing when itry to paste it on here just a link no pic !!!
    i am rubbish with technology cookies ok but technology no !!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Post the link let me see it

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hmm it shouldnt look like that, It should look like this
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/zog54/untitled.
    I’ve took the jpg off the end or it will just show the image again.
    Where it says direct just left click in the box once and it copies automatically then paste it

• posted by tokyo14
    on

thanks will try later !!
    women and technology !! yes i said that !!
    thanks bill

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

When I clicked on the link, I can see them

• posted by Epspecially
    on

I could see them! They looked fab πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ not sure I’ll risk making them for a while πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’ͺ🏽

on

They’re low carb treats for when you need a little something nice πŸ˜‹

• posted by josie53
    on

preserved lemons sounded very mediterranean who knows when they will come in handy

• posted by josie53
    on

on a similar vein then, daughter went to Lampeter University, and the Far Away Tree were favourites. I am not going to make the cookies, am still working out the spiralizer

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Dead right Janey, I’ll make them at the weekend and keep in the freezerπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» thanks for the recipe 😘

• posted by tokyo14
    on

what a nightmare i am having i couldnt post at all last night on here it just keep blocking me !!!
    i tell you i was really panicking!!! on the cookie front we binned them too much chocolate for both me and hubby!!! something i thought i would never say !!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Lol Josie, who knows indeed. You never know, maybe you can make cookies or pastry out of them, you never know unless you Google it πŸ˜‰ Loving all the Welsh connections. I’ve been boring with my spiraliser, I’ve only done apple and courgette. I bought the butternut squash ready done. As Janey said, nails and life too short lol. I may try the carroti though (my personal pasta of bitterness).

Oh no Tokyo! I didn’t get a chance to try last night so I don’t know if it was a site thing? Oh the cookies πŸ™ Isn’t that absolutely nuts? I have a confession to make too… although my scones were lovely, the lemon zest and blueberry, and even though they weren’t very big… argh one was more than enough for me. I would have easily been able to put away two normal ones with jam and clotted cream and then maybe another later, and definitely another tomorrow πŸ˜‰ But they’re in the freezer and I’m glad because they’re going to have to be for a day when I’ve got a really, really, really sweet tooth. Do you think it’s anything to do with the coconut sugar too, Tokyo (assuming that’s what you used)? It’s very sweet, isn’t it? At least we know for next time, we can adapt things to our tastes, can’t we? I’m always wary with salt in sweet recipes (unless salted caramel type), and likewise I always used to be wary of sugar in savoury recipes, and rarely, if ever, put it in.

Well, here I am. Day 28, the last day of my fourth week on the plan. Feeling very accomplished. Ready to weigh tomorrow as I start Week 5. Didn’t for one minute think that when I spoke to my friend four weeks ago and she let me into her secret, that I’d be the best part of two stone lighter a month later. A month without bread, pasta, rice, pizza, alcohol (!), potatoes, flour, sugar, pastry; I’d have put money on it dragging. But it’s flown by πŸ˜€ Even the carb flu feels like a ‘giving birth’ moment now (I’ve forgotten how awful it was and anyway, it was worth it haha). I’m enjoying the food and I’m enjoying the weightloss.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

morning lucky
    i think the cookies were just a mixture of both to sweet and too much chocolate maybe my taste buds have changed even find myself leaving food now which prior to this was unheard of!!!
    not sure what was happening last night but i did panic what if i couldnt get back on !! how would i ever speak to you all again !! so i am going to reactivate my twitter account and have that as a back up just in case i vanish again !!
    i kept thinking you would be wondering wheres brendas gone !!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yes, reactivate your Twitter!! I don’t know if we’re allowed to post personal data on here, but if you go to the search box and put #BSD in, scroll down a little past the other #BSD’s which are nothing to do with our BSD and you’ll find me and my (flat) scones lol. I always like to have a back up way of keeping in touch with online friends, technology isn’t infallible is it?

I find myself leaving food too, which I didn’t think I’d see when playing with so few calories. I genuinely thought I would be famished for every mouthful. I’m not. My tolerance for sweet things is waaaaaaaaaay down. I’m actually enjoying fruit for probably the first time in my life, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, and I find they do the job, where it would have been chocolate before.

• posted by josie53
    on

my 28th day tomorrow and nearly 1 stone off, weigh tomorrow so am hoping that i make it a stone. i miss a glass of red wine started the plan at the same time as metformin not a very good mix i don’t think still feel quite weird (some would say that is normal for me) with a fuzzy head and tiredness, but its getting easier as is the diet. Must remember not to buy so much food and then go off it in the middle the week.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done Josie, I hope you reach your stone tomorrow πŸ™‚ but if not, it’s coming. I’m a red wine drinker, but I’ve gone allergic to wine for about a year, I have to take Benadryl before drinking it, and even then it doesn’t stop the symptoms completely. And my other issue is – I could never have ‘a’ glass of wine either. I might miss the wine, but I tell you – I don’t miss the hangovers! I’m finding I have to shop every few days now. Things don’t seem to keep any more like they used to, even in the fridge.

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi Lucky Janey Bill Tokyo Lucia et al
    Great post great read, I see threads but can not always reply (time no wi Fi) ,I must admit to total surprise at my ability to hang on to this way of eating , usually I would have fallen off the wagon. I am no longer craving foods that are processed or full of complex carbs. I do have occasional cravings (hunger) but seem able to stop and decide and have better choices. I am almost shocked as this almost ODD behaviour. I was a bit of a binge eater. At work I am surrounded by boxes of chocs , biscuits and cakes and I have not had one since I started. I don’t feel righteous just relieved I am no longer controlled by them, my job is quite stressful and busy. I am not gloating just genuinely surprised.and happy. Iam off the 800 and just on med diet still losing but slow now , every so often I throw in a low day. This is sustainable .Thanks for making me laugh, ( meat knots , singing, Enid blyton etc) I am now training for a bike ride in Malawi in Sept for a brill charity , (350kms 4 days!!!!)will need support during the training as this will be a test of my eating as I always used to feel I needed to reward myself if I did anything hard . So we will see. Bye for now have a great day all xxxxπŸŒžπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ™‹πŸ»πŸ’œπŸŽπŸ‹πŸ†πŸ—

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hey Collie, nice to see you again! Hey, if you want to gloat as well as being genuinely happy, that’s fine, you’ve earned it! We have a Mistress of Smug already, so we’re used to it, if you want to join her band of minions. Tokyo… haha.

Oh my days your bike ride, that’s absolutely amazing, that’s one heck of a distance and I bet it’ll be hot(ter than here) too. Well done, and we’ll be here to support you when you can get online πŸ˜€ There’s more ways to reward yourself than with food too, you can still treat yourself in another less-carby way πŸ™‚

Right, I got to go for a shower, just realised what time it is, kids aren’t up, and I’ve got to take hubby for x ray at 9! Yikes!

Laters!

Please log in or register to post a reply.