Headache Hell for a Newbie Veggie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Hi all, another relative newbie here, a couple of days into week 2.

Week 1 went ok, I lost 0.7 kg which is better than none I suppose. My exercise and steps were inconsistent due to the wicked headaches. I hit those targets probably only 3 times in the week. Some days the headaches are debilitating, probably in part due to the diet and also because I quit the evil caffeine juice 5 days before starting the BSD. I’ve been addicted on and off (mostly on) to Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max for 30 years. Figured this poison was really mucking with my insulin levels. I now only drink water and have taken up fizzy water too.

I got a veggie spiraliser for my birthday (day 1 of BSD) and it’s brilliant. Have only made zoodles (zucchini noodles) so far but they were great. A medium zucchini made a bowl full of noodles for 24kcal.

I also made my first ever cauliflower rice and used it for several meals. Great stuff.

Don’t really miss the carbs too much, although, as a vegetarian it’s unrealistic to ever get extremely low carb because legumes have a lot of carbs in them. But I do miss some Vegemite toast (it’s an Aussie thing).

Good luck BSDers. And especially to my fellow veggies. 😊

• posted by JCH187
    on

Sounds like a complete change of eating and drinking for you, well done! I’m just starting week 2 and have lost the constant cravings and hunger, which I thought I’d never be without!

Please log in or register to post a reply.