Hba1c from 106 to 37 in 6 months

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kel
    on

Hi All,

Im a 50 year old male and I was diagnosed with Diabetes last November with a hba1c score of 106. at the time I was 203lbs and measured 44″ around my waist. Im 5’11” tall, I was prescribed 2 metformin per day with warnings that my condition was incurable and I would soon need stronger meds and might even need insulin injections.I was also warned of the complication I might face. I was advised to eat a balanced diet of starchy carbs fruit and veg fish and meat.

I read the book, 8 week blood sugar diet and now Roughly 6 months later I’m165lbs and 36″ around my waist, more inportantly I got the news from my gp this morning, My hba1c is now 37. I am now down to 1 metformin per day with a promise from my gp that if I can keep my hba1c in the normal zone in 6 months time I will be off all meds.

My gp was very impressed and asked me how I done it, My reply was following a low carb diet and excersise.
    Thanks to Michael Mosley’s 8 week blood sugar diet book.

Now the challange is to keep it up,
    Best of luck to people at the start of there low carb journey, It can be done,
    Kel

• posted by KJ77
    on

Well done Kel that is terrific you must be over the moon

Please log in or register to post a reply.