HAVE JUST STARTED

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MARG38
    on

I have just started and am on day 3. I am finding it really good so far and apart from the first day haven’t really felt hungry. Was wondering if barbecued chicken is O.K. to use

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Marg
    glad to hear that its going well
    barbecued chicken – if you mean barbecued in the sense of grilled on a barbecue – no different to chicken grilled on a regular grill
    Barbecued chicken as in chicken slathered in sweet and sugary barbecued sauce – best give it a miss.
    If you’re asking because you have some ‘barbecues’ chicken from a supermarket, look at the label – or if no label, the supermarket may have nutrition info on its website. If the sauce is only on the on the outside, you could consider eating the inside and abandoning the skin.

• posted by MARG38
    on

Thank you Frog, yes it is from a supermarket and so far I have been dodging the skin so it sounds as if it it is the right thing to do. Love reading the posts from the different bloggers as I find you are all so helpful. Haven’t weighed in yet but I do feel a lot better in myself so hope I am losing weight as well. Can’t walk all that much at present but am hoping that once I have lost a bit of weight my old arthritic knees won’t hurt as much.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Marg. I’ve been experimenting with my meals adding different things to find alternatives to sauces and coatings on chicken (and everything else)

If you google BBQ sauce recipes there are many you could try, just substitute the sugar for sweetner, and avoid the ones that add ketchup as there is sugar in there.

I like dipping my chicken in olive oil and then a thin coating of seasoned coconut flour tastes great oven baked, or I make batches of crackers with almond flour and crush those up for a coating as well. I’ve really enjoyed my BSD journey and part of that has been the discoveries I’ve made, I’m excited about food again! Don’t be scared to try different things 🙂

Well done on your start I hope you see a nice big loss when you weigh in.

• posted by Sandie
    on

MARG38 please beware that some of the ‘bbq’ ed chickens done at the hot cabinet at the supermarket have been steeped in a sugared waterbath and then drenched with sauce. The chicken is so much more sweeter than natural even when you have removed the skin.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Oh MARG38 those chickens also have monosodium glutamate added

• posted by Timmy
    on

I made my own marinade for some bbq chicken legs and thighs on day one and was lush.

A couple of dollops of yoghurt in a bowl, then the juice of one lime, a fresh red chilli finely chopped, a thumb of ginger finely chopped and a couple of garlic cloves also finely chopped. It easily covered the 3 legs and 3 thighs that I had and would cover a lot more. It would also work well on strips of skinless breast and stop them from drying out. Best to leave it marinade overnight.

• posted by Izzy
    on

You should post it in the recipe section Timmy, sounds yummy!

Please log in or register to post a reply.