Has anyone felt very unwell in the beginning?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trishart
    on

Hi My hubby and I have been on the diet for 4 weeks and doing well. But our adult son has been on it for just over a week and feels very unwell with light headedness and nausea has anybody else suffered from that?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Loads of people have Trishart.
    The general consensus is that it is carb withdrawal symptoms, that and your body switching to burning fat.
    It seems to go awat after about 3 days.

• posted by Trishart
    on

Thanks Bill1954 . It’s been a week and he ‘s finding it hard to focus at work feels he wants to vomit now and then, as well he has found it hard to sleep due to muscle spasms. He has felt extremely tired and no energy, but still wants to continue. On a rather personal level he has been having very unpleasant smelling bowel movements. We haven’t come across posts with these symptoms but would like to hear how those who have are going.

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hi Trishart,
    I found that I felt heady for just over a week altogether. I’m on my fourth week now & all is fine. It will go away – one of the things for him to remember is that he still needs to get enough fat for energy & drink lots of water. Good luck – hope all goes well xx

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

The headaches are withdrawals from all sorts of bad things as well as changeover to the new fuel.

As for your problem Trishart, that’s your guts getting used to the new foods. Some bacteria will be dying off while others are starting to grow, in time the smell will settle.

• posted by Trishart
    on

Thankyou Lolo and chameleonbeetle for your helpful input you’re right things have improved it’s been 3 weeks and he is feeling better.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

I am only on day 2 and had nausea and lightheadedness last night, swimmy head and mild nausea today… have been sneezing too so I think it may be a cold rather than withdrawal but also felt extremely tired. I just realised I haven’t had coffee since Friday morning, so probably a bit of coffee withdrawal as well!

An interesting thing happened today… I felt really twitchy and in need of food at about 11.30, so had some celery and carrot sticks with a tablespoon of light mayo (I will get full fat when this runs out). Then I made a huge salad, for lunch… and I can’t eat it! I’m actually full.

For someone who reached 22 stone last year and can eat 10,000 calories in a day… well slap me with a haddock. I would never have believed this.

• posted by Jet51
    on

Hi Trishart,
    I would suggest lots more water to flush the system out. Perhaps take some probiotics from health food shop, I’m no doctor but will increase the healthy bacteria which would help his gut. Good luck hope he keeps going. Best wishes

Please log in or register to post a reply.