half way there !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by taniavic
    on

Hello everyone.

Long-time listener, first time caller. I just wanted to say hello and celebrate that yesterday (Sunday) was my ½ point in the 8 week bsd. Yey me! I also wanted to express some of my concerns I had when I stated 4 weeks ago.
    I am reading over some notes I made on day one. “serious doubts as to if I can do this…but I have to do something now, I’m foggy headed, overweight and emotional, and so angry, I have recently put on 15kg in 6 months after I reached the healthy weight range on weight watchers, for the 4th time!, and I am so embarrassed to see friends, instead of the constant “ you look great” you get when you are losing weight I am getting the silent looks… where I am filling in the silence with my thoughts “… you no longer look great”

I also wanted to add level of anxiety I felt on day 1 when reaching for the full fat milk and leaving the ‘skinny milk on the shelf. It made me realize how brain washed I (we) are into the thinking low fat, low fat…low fat, and slow and steady weight loss will ensure one can maintain. Well I am one (of so many) proving this is not the case …It was the lines on page 19, the ‘need to embrace some radical ideas’, ‘rapid weight loss means you end up putting it all back on, well no.’ and I so love the quote by Mike Lean p98 “doing it slowly is torture”. Just before I came across the bsd I was psyching myself up to commit to ww again (weeks of self-talk committing to starting Monday and bingeing on the days leading up to Monday…and lasting till Wednesday and putting on weight week after week. So thank you so much MM for introducing me so some seriously radical ideas.

Anyway going on too much, just wanted to say, after a few dizzy days and headaches early one , I feel great, am 7 kg lighter (for a start weight of 73kg I think that’s pretty good) and going strong.
    T

• posted by NikkiP
    on

Hi taniavic, I could have written this!! I am halfway, have been to WW many times and I have lost 6 kilos on the BSD. Why, didn’t we know about this before! Keep up the good work!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi taniavic, welcome to the forums. I am sure so many of us will identify with your honestly written account of your dieting history.

7kg in 4 weeks is fabulous! 🙂

• posted by Magpiemag
    on

Wow! Thank you for this, taniavic, it’s really helpful to read this on my first day. Congratulations on your achievements and thank you so much for your insightful post. Here’s to your next 4 weeks!

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done, Taniavic.

To me, this does feel like it’s a long term change I can mostly stick to – and from what I’ve read from those who’ve been doing it a while, sticking to it most of the time is enough to keep our weight nder control.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi taniavic.
    you have echoed the thoughts and concerns of many people.
    Your post will help allay a lot of fears as you’re doing so well.
    Thank you and best of luck with the next 4 weeks.

• posted by taniavic
    on

Thanks for your kind words everyone, I’m so glad they mean something. I also just wanted to tell you about a recent (before I was aware of the bsd) time I was out with 3 friends (of the 4 of us, 3 are overweight). The order for everyone’s coffees was 3 skinny cappuccinos and 1 regular (full fat) cappuccino. It seems a little ironic at the time and almost laughable that it was the slim friend who ordered the full fat….now it could make me cry, echoing my thoughts in my first post about the anxiety of eating foods in their natural state, and fallacy of the current weight loss industry.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Taniavic, I know what you mean. I was out for lunch with a friend last week and I ordered the full English breakfast without the toast. My friend whispered you forgot to ask for the fat reduced version!! She follows SW. She was really surprised when I said this diet is the opposite of slimming world and you are supposed to eat fat. She ordered the book!!! I had lost over 2 and a half stones since she had last seen me.
    It took me 2 weeks to get around to ditching skimmed milk and low fat yoghurts. Boy have we been brain washed!! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.