half way there ! not any more, i did it :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by taniavic
    on

Hi, just wanted to say yesterday was the completion of my 8 weeks. I’m really proud I got here.
    I have lost 12 kg (72 to 60kg) and BMI from 28 (overweight) to 23 (healthy weight range).
    Blood pressure now normal and feeling great. To anyone starting out ….keep at it, as the weeks go by the diet just gets easier and easier week after week. Now onto maintenance… (always the prickly end for me) !
    T

• posted by LMS
    on

Congratulations Taniavic on your 8 weeks of success!!! That is awesome! May I ask if you followed the BSD 800 fast calories or the 5:2 BSD? Thank you, Linda

• posted by taniavic
    on

Hi Linda,
    I have followed the BSD800 fast for the last 8 weeks. Pretty much followed the book to the letter, even the meal plans. I like to have guidance and I can follow a plan. What I get nervous about is the time after the plan has finished…I find if I give myself a little freedom I tend to go overboard, but I think I have gotten rid of all the processed carbs in my system and now just craving all the goodies, olives, fete, bacon, oh my !! 🙂
    Are you doing the 800fast?
    T

• posted by LMS
    on

Hello Taniavic, I am going to follow try to follow the BSD800 fast. That’s good to know that the meal plans are helpful. Healthy eating is a positive lifestyle change that will carry with you into the future! Are you planning on following the 5:2 BSD now? Linda

• posted by Hawks
    on

Congratulations! I think that is a great achievement. Not just the weight loss, but also following the diet strictly.

• posted by hawke
    on

woo! that sounds similar to my current weight and weight loss goals (looking at about 9 more kg, 2.6 down in first week). inspiring!

• posted by taniavic
    on

Hi hawke,
    Just wanted to let you know, I too (like everyone) had a great weight loss in the first week and I was weighing myself daily for motivation in the early days (when I felt the diet more challenging). I experienced a small plateau in the second week but after that pretty consistent weight loss each week ( 1.1-1.4 kg.) I also found it much better to weigh weekly in the second half of diet…I found it motivating to see a big loss on scales rather than daily ups and downs…I wish you the very best…. its simply a factor of time and you will get to your goal.
    T

• posted by taniavic
    on

Hi Linda,
    I am going to try the Alternate Day Fasting plan for a week or 2. Its by Dr Varady ( she was featured in Michaels BBC documentary). on this plan you eat 500 calories one day and anything you like on the alternate days) seeing I’m so used to eating 800 calories a day its really no ‘biggie’ to go 500. and I have all the freedom the next day. You get all the health benefits of fasting and no guilt on the ‘feed’ days. We shall see how it goes 🙂
    T

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow good luck, I will probably stay in 800 once done as consistency works best for me.
    It’s day 6 and I am down 9
    Lbs already so clearly this works for me. I feel amazing although the first two days were hard energy wise.

Please log in or register to post a reply.