guilt free baking

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mera123
    on

Hello

I’m on the 8 week BSD and have done 4 weeks now but I’m wondering when can you have something from the guilt free baking section?

• posted by orchid
    on

hi mera123,
    there is no reason why you can’t have them now if you can fit them into your daily allowance of carbs and 800 calories. I assume they freeze well, so you can ration them!
    I personally haven’t tried them yet, as I have not been craving anything like that. I have also had a bad habit of baking things and then eating one after the other over a day till they are gone, so I decided not to test my willpower in that way!
    There are also some baking recipes in the recipe section on the website.
    good luck with the baking.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’ve avoided them for the same reason as Orchid.

• posted by Hawks
    on

I have made some brownies and muffins and keep them in the freezer. That means I have to defrost if I want any, which reduces the risk of impulse eating, and I don’t feel obliged to eat them all before they go stale, and it means I have something that fits the diet on hand if I feel like a treat.
    (I made some scones which were a failed variation on the recipe, but I was “saved” from all those calories by my dog who sneakily cleaned the lot up when I went out!)

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

I made the guilt-free brownies – although I froze them I still managed to eat 4 of them before they got near the freezer! So much for guilt-free. Don’t make them in the first place is the moral of the tale!

Hawks – your dog sounds like a noble beast, taking the calorie hit.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi, since we are admitting things….. My father used to bake the Christmas cake every year and my mother iced it. After Mum died he carried on baking it and also make one for my brothers house and for me. I came home with a full size rich fruit cake – my favourite. I had some between Christmas and New year, but decided that I really should NOT have this lying around the house. I cut it into slices and froze it – to be eaten over coming months.
    A few days later coming home from work stressed, I took the cake out the freezer and defrosted a piece – it did not take long in the microwave – fatal discovery.
    Sure enough a few days later, it was another piece out and defrosted, then given how quick it was a second chunk came out, defrosted and eaten in one sitting.
    After a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend, that was repeated – I did not bother with one at a time – but started with two and was nibbling on another frozen piece as I waited for the other pieces to defrost.
    The freezer does not stop a determined carb calling! 🙁

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

That’s the trouble, orchid. If you know you have something in the house, it’s worse than having a conscience nagging you. I took a couple of the frozen brownies out of my freezer today and scoffed them with a cup of tea, thus cancelling out any good done by the 2-hour walk I’d just completed. I have told myself that once I have used up the cacao nibs & dates I will not buy any more so I won’t be able to make the brownies anymore. It’s just so annoying because I’ve trained myself not to buy choccie bars in the supermarket but I still splurge on supposedly “good” things. We are our own worst enemies.

• posted by Hawks
    on

It is awfully easy to do, but I combine it with sticking that container behind everything else in the freezer, and cutting them into very small bite sized pieces. And then, when I think if eating them, I have a drink of carbonated water, which takes me a while, and fills me up.
    So the lot lasted me a month which is really good going, considering I could eat them in one go.

Please log in or register to post a reply.