Greetings from belly be gone!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by msfoodie
    on

I have just finished reading the 8 week blood sugar diet. I confess my waistline has gotten out of control. My GP described me as abdominally obese…BIG OUCH but true. Reasonably tall but deceiving as much as I may think of myself as a luscious mango I really am an apple on two legs! LOL. Seriously I know it’s not funny. I have a father going blind with type 1 diabetes although he was formerly 2. Not overweight or obese it goes to prove that diabetes does not discriminate although it seems to favour those of us with an ample waistline. I have so far managed to reduce my waist and drop 8kg’s by following a low GI diet but still have a belly that needs to go big time. Not being a huge breakfast fan I feel I could attempt the 800 calorie in 8 weeks plan to help speed up my progress and use myself as a guinea pig to record the results. It appeals to me because it makes sense and because I am motivated and supported by my GP who is allowing me to take responsibility for my health instead of putting me on medication. I am looking forward to support and giving support too as well as BELLY BE GONE!!! Cheers and to all of you on the same journey may your belly disappear and your blood sugar levels drop.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Msfoodie, here’s to belly be gone. Enjoy.

• posted by msfoodie
    on

Thanks Sandie.

• posted by msfoodie
    on

A few setbacks, school holidays, lots of lunches and dinners…back to the drawing board..beginning quick 800 today for a week to get me started and re-motivated. I have another blood test coming up shortly. I tested myself using my dad’s meter and fasting was 4.8 so that is an improvement. I then ate four of my mums small homemade Croatian donuts and some cereal which was carb loaded and high in sugar and retested myself 2 hours later… no surprise to see my blood sugar rise dramatically and no surprise to know that refined carbs are not an insulin resistant persons friend. I will refine my diet and choose my carbs carefully. i have just purchased Dr.Bernstein’s diabetes solution for diabetes and insulin resistance as another resource. we are all different and respond in different ways. I for one need to become more of a fat burner to decrease this dangerous belly fat. what has gone though in the past few months is the tingling and numbness i was experiencing.

Please log in or register to post a reply.