Greetings!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tual1978
    on

Hi there, I’m new to the BSD and I’m delighted to see that there’s a vibrant community here. I’ve just picked up the book and I am about to get started.

I’m a 37 year old dad of 2 and a husband, and I feel like my biggest challenge is going to be leading by example, and convincing my family that our dietary changes are a good thing.

Anyone else in a similar situation, and if you are, what’s the best way to lead, yet make the diet transition as easy as possible for the rest of the crew?

• posted by Nicky2908
    on

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site although have been a Type 2 for the last 10 years. I am trying to make a few more changes to my lifestyle and looking to reduce my carb intake further.

I am confused about the whole “Super grain” category and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on these. Should I be eating more of them and can they replace carbs like potatoes, pasta and rice? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi, I’ve been following this plan for 6 days and am already seeing changes, both physically and psychologically. I have a clearer head and am just starting now to get more energy. Regarding the rest of the family Tual1978, I made a cottage pie tonight for dinner and had cauliflower mash for me, and normal mash for my wife and two girls. Now heres the thing, they all turned their noses up at it, but then tried it and decided they preferred mine !. It’s a case of leading by example isn’t it, I’m hoping that my kids will continue to make bertter food choices. I’m pushing hard on this, like insisting they have some spinach with their dinner, or they didn’t get dessert ?, that’s the way I was brought up, right or wrong not sure. It would be good to keep in touch with a fellow dad, let me know how you’re getting on, and please feel free to ask any questions. Best of luck !

Hi Nicky, welcome too !. The main reason for the plan is to reduce carbs, unfortunately, super grains as healthy as they are, are still carbs A small amount of quinoa is ok I believe, personally I am staying away from everything like that, even root veg, as I’m being a bit monastic in my approach at the moment…..

Please log in or register to post a reply.