Getting ready to start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by granliz
    on

I was so shocked when I measured my waist. I had been aware that my girth had been creeping up but not the extent it had! I’ve also been told I am pre diabetic so I am determined to crack this problem.

I’m getting ready to start the diet this week- making sure I have the right things in the fridge and a plan so that I can stick to the diet even though we have guests at the weekend.

I’m worried about my need for a tea fix ( 2 cups in the morning) and coffee ( 1 with milk at 11) I don’t think I can cope with life if I don’t get these!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Welcome granliz. Don’t worry about tea and coffee – you can still have those, just include the milk you use into your daily calorie allowance 🙂
    I have tea with semi skim milk in the morning and it’s only 16 calories or something. Then I have a coffee with full cream milk mid morning – it’s great as it keeps me going between breakfast and lunch.
    Planning is definitely essential, so it’s good you’ve been doing that. I also try and batch cook or make things ahead of time. On the weekend I cooked bean burgers for example, also veggie soup and a lentil and spinach curry. Makes it so much easier for during the week (I work full time).
    You’ll find there’s loads of support on here.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress 🙂

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Cream is better than milk, carb-wise, so if you happen to have a taste for that, you could switch. I don’t think it makes a great deal of difference given the small amount you drink in a day. Just count every carb gram and every calorie.

Read the nutritional panels on everything you buy before you buy it. If sugar or any of its relatives (usually they end with “ose”) are on the ingredients list, put it down and move on to the next thing. If it’s fresh food that doesn’t have nutritional info handy, look it up on the web. I use My Fitness Pal to log and plan meals so I know before I step into the store what’s what.

Decide what your daily carb limit should be. Most people here go for around 50 grams a day. I keep mine very low at 20 grams because I’m insulin resistant. If you have trouble figuring out how to break down your intake of carbs, protein and fats on 800 calories, use LindaA’s foolproof system posted here: https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/20th-feb-starters/page/4/#post-58403 .

Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.