Get them banned!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Come on team, this user needs banned by username and IP address, they are going to destroy the forums if allowed to continue. I’m not taking time to report every post in the thread but there are a lot of them. Also suggest you create a nofollow robots.txt file

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Still posting get me their IP address and I’ll report them to their ISP myself

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bill

What the . . .! Just reported it. I’m not techi enough to know what I’m doing. Must stop this total intrusion or the site will crumble
    Eureka

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bill

Managed to email the thecis too. Are we being targeted as we become more active? This is taking my time away from my BBC email. Talk later
    Eureka

• posted by Janet1973
    on

All the spammy ones have gone now so I haven’t seen them. The techy team are working really quickly, big thank you to them.

With regard to the ones where they are using our logins, perhaps its time we all chose new passwords. I’d say the hackers have been trying to crack our current passwords for a while and have now deciphered some so it would be worth setting up new ones. I’ve just changed mine.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

A little trick I discovered if you want to use random letters and numbers but need a,way to remember them yourself – take the initials of all the people in your family from your grandparents down to children, list them in order of age and add a number and a symbol. Hopefully its memorable enough for you but completely random to password-cracking software.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Eureka
    The spammers aren’t stupid. If they see stuff on the media which is attracting a lot of attention, they will go looking for forums related to the subject to drop their links as they know there will be a temparay increase in traffic to those forums. We aren’t personally being targeted, most of the spammers are Russia or middle East based and to them it’s just a way of earning a living. They have no interest in the forums they spam or the products in that spam.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Yeh, Bill, I will keep reporting anything I see. Done it quite a few times already. I have noticed other people, like me, you, Lynne etc are not drawing attention to the spammers without reporting first. I think we learnt that lesson via happyslapper.

I’ve got to say hacking passwords must feel very personal to the victims.

Janet 1973 I always think up a phrase which is meaningful to me but nothing to anyone else and add numbers and symbols, capital and lower case etc. The spammers will hit on those with softer passwords first.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

got this back from admin
    Thanks for the reports. The site hasn’t been hacked or compromised but I can’t comment more on what happened for privacy reasons.

Now the spammers are hitting another forum, the 5:2
    This is getting ridiculous

• posted by NewLife
    on

reported multiple times – bloody annoying

• posted by Bill1954
    on

And gone
    thanks JJ you’re really on the ball today 🙂

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi all

Discard the carbs. Spams no good for us anyway.
    Eureka

• posted by bloodsugardiet (BSD Admin)
    on

Hi! Thanks for all the reports, they are really helpful. I’ve tweaked some settings, put in a support request for the service which is supposed to be checking for spam and done a few other things which I will keep secret so people can’t work around them easily. 😉

One of the drawbacks to some of the things I’ve done is that legitimate posts might get marked as spam. If this happens to you, please email me at tech@thebloodsugardiet.com.

The site hasn’t been hacked. However, you should make sure you’re following best practice with passwords. Here are some tips on that. (Sorry for those of you getting this next bit twice…)

You should have unique, strong and long passwords for each site you use. These can be difficult to remember, so there are password managers available which remember them for you and plug into your browser to help you fill out login forms. I use 1Password, https://agilebits.com/, and LastPass, https://lastpass.com/, is also popular. The reason for this is if one site you are on gets hacked, then hackers can’t use that information to hack you on another site.

I also recommend looking at Troy Hunt’s site, have i been pwned? https://haveibeenpwned.com/, to see if your email has been involved in any of the big data breaches. Troy Hunt teaches courses on web security and has provided that site as a free service.
    We aren’t affiliated with any of those, it’s just that when the topic comes up, it seems responsible to mention it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.