Gall Bladder

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dale Sandra
    on

Hello, I am so excited about starting this new diet, read the book today which has made me cry in places, this book is just everything I have lived through for the past 30 years and now there is an answer to all my prayers however, I lost my Gall Bladder doing the Lighterlife diet and I was told that I had to now cut right down on high fat foods..My question is would I be alright doing the Med style low carb diet with all the olive oil etc??

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi. I lost my gall bladder many years ago and have just finished my 10th week on this with no problem. I’d suggest trying it.

• posted by Dale Sandra
    on

Hi, thank you for your reply and giving me the confidence I needed. I am doing ok but only lost 2lb since Saturday ?? I did expect a lot more but no discomfort so will keep going…To be honest I am loving this!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great. Look forward to hearing your progress ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Col
    on

Another one here with no gallbladder!! Had mine out about 9years ago and have successfully followed a lower carb, higher fat diet to lose weight with no problems whatsoever …..give it a try and keep in touch ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Dale Sandra
    on

Hi Col

Thank you! Lost 3Ibs this my first week, love it no problems ๐Ÿ˜€
    Finding it hard to plan ahead for my meals though, can’t seem to get my head round things, is any one else having the same problem?? Old habits of just grab and go just appear hard to change at min!!!

• posted by Col
    on

Hi Sandra….I know what you mean about planning and old habits! To get round it I shopped for three days after having looked at all the OK foods and included plenty of eggs, a quick omelette with some peppers or courgettes is then only a couple of minutes away. This is day three for me and I am delighted to have lost again this morning so is really motivating….mind you, today is also the first day I am being troubled by hunger so am heading for more hot water now!

This forum is an amazing source of ideas, recipes and inspiration, I am so glad to have found it and to be part of a group of people with such a common goal.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Hi how are you going? Just seen your post … Had my gall bladder out many years ago …luckily a naturopath back in 2001 introduced me to Mediterranean diet…. Had extra Virgin olive oil ever since … Did get an odd pain if I had some other “bad” fat from the odd fast food burger… But never with butter or the ev olive oil

• posted by Dale Sandra
    on

Hi Mosleyfan,

Thank you for your message, Good to hear from you, i need all the support I can get!! No pain so must be ok but weight loss slow only lost 3lb ??
    Hope you still doing ok?? ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Glad you are losing weight…day 5 for me no weight loss!!! Strict 800 cals never happened before so postmenopause is a drag

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Hi Mosleyfan – I have been on the Sirt diet since mid Jan – 10 days in I had lost just over 1lb…….grrr……everyone else on a forum I was watching lost at least 5lbs a week, but slowly my body caught up and I have lost 1st. Can no longer accommodate green-slime juice though & want to do a diet with my hubby, so the Blood Sugar Diet looks perfect for us and seems to have lots of good support, great recipes & a wide range of followers. Onwards & upwards, or should I say downwards!!!!

• posted by Col
    on

Hi mosleyfan….you may have answered my stall! Post menopause issues…..ah well, guess if we keep at it the body will get the idea and give up trying to hang on to the extra! Well done on staying so strong despite no scale results. Off to try making some of those cheesy scones now, hope they are as good as yours ๐Ÿ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.