Fuzzy head before bed and flutters

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Figs
    on

This wierd head is heavy going….. always before bed and happening 3 weeks in.Maybe I am not drinking enough water.
    A bit of odd palpitations as well…Is it just me or anyone else getting this.Almost a fluttering effect.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

It could still be the stubborn carb flu hanging round. You do definitely need to drink enough water and have enough salt also as this can have this effect. How much water do you think you are drinking?

You may also find that this is a bit of anaemia. I found that after 8 weeks.

• posted by Figs
    on

Thanks lovely
    I am taking a multivitamin and probiotic to prevent that however just realised I never put the two together but it’s time of the month and my first since being on this new way of life! Really not drinking enough thinking about it.

Thanks for making me think!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

No problem. Sometimes it needs someone to jog into your mind what might be up!! 🙂

• posted by Greybeard
    on

Hi Figs, (this is my first post to the forum)

I’m just over a week into the Med Style Low Carb, and my headache just won’t go away. I also find that my eyelids flutter a lot! I suspect this is all down to dehydration, so that’s my focus for the next few days — making sure I get at least 2 litres a day.

• posted by Figs
    on

Hi Greybeard

Well after 2 weeks those feelings pretty much went and I look back now and sure it was the water!or should I say lack of it!
    The diet has changed my life and is now a way of life although I have introduced a little carbs back into my life and still loosing.I have lost 2 stone in 2 months and it’s coming off about 2lb a week but it’s the energy levels that hit me the most.I am also now pregnant which is why I went on the diet to increase my chance of fertility so I need to adjust this slightly.
    Stick at it and make some of the flapjack and brownies that are in the recepie book for when you feeling a need.

Take care Figs

• posted by Greybeard
    on

Wow Figs, you’re doing really well!
    Hope it keeps up, and thanks for the support.

Please log in or register to post a reply.