Fridge raiders

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ok my lovely people I don’t know if you have done this before, but I was wondering if we could share recipes for leftovers in the fridge. I don’t know about you guys but I hate wasting food. So I hope you will all jump onboard and share what you like to do with what’s left in the fridge. Thank you 💞🦜

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Big frittata the night before I do my weekly shop. So use up eggs, stir in crème fraiche to make it light and fluffy, red peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomato (just one to slice on the top) bits of meat and top it with cheese. It is called my clean out the fridge meal.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ve just started making clean out the fridge mini frittatas too, sunshine. They are absolutely perfect to have prepared
    when O/H returns late after an evening lecture (professor). Have you had any success freezing them? Thanx!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

allie, never tried to freeze them but I do only serve half for hubby (total of 5 eggs) and my half gets an eighth cut out and plated for a snack for later or for lunch the next day. I make mini quiches using parma ham as a base filled with egg etc and they freeze very well so would imagine your mini frits would too.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I love that idea sunshine girl😋. Thank you Essie that has now been copied and pasted into my notes app😉😋. I am getting a little collection of Essie recipes now, love it and very grateful. Ha! Allie I knew I would get round it😝😄🤣❤️❤️

Please log in or register to post a reply.