Following diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Loukc
    on

Hi there, I’m about to start the new 8 week BSD. I have read the book and just writing a shopping list of all the things I need.

Do I have to follow the diet sheet from Monday to Sunday religiously or can I use the recipes and make my own week up?

Say for instance I wanted portebello toast with goats cheese twice and a green tea shake twice in one week and a no carb bircher twice in one week for breakfast would this be ok.

I am going shopping but have non of the ingredients and not a great deal of money so trying to buy for the week and keep costs down.

• posted by Sweetpea
    on

I just started today, and I’m mixing and matching my own. The meal plan is for guidance if you want it. I’ve ordered 4 days worth from Tesco to start with and spent £40, so it’s definitely a lot more expensive than what I’d usually spend, but some of the ingredients I’ve bought will last a long time, so my next shop should be cheaper.

• posted by Loukc
    on

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is expensive, but also like you say a lot of the stuff like herbs and spices you only buy now and again and will last for ages. I’m just writing up a week menu so I know what I’m going to eat, but my shopping list keeps getting bigger and bigger haha.

Good luck with the diet Sweetpea

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

It will get cheaper as you get more used to buying what you need…try fresh herbs on window sill too?? haha I live in Australia so growing is easy used to live in Manchester so parsley, tomatoes , mint ( its hard here because it loves cold and wet feet) You can buy dried lentils, chick peas etc soak what you need and cook rather than use tins…better for you and cheaper but wait to do that until you are used to it all.

• posted by Gail c
    on

Hello Lou
    I generally follow some recipes in the book, other times I just weigh out my own veg and cook some fish or meat, and count the calories to as near to 800 in a day.
    Just as long as I stay to the 800 mark in a day, I am happy with that, it works very well for my husband and I.
    Gail

Please log in or register to post a reply.