Flat feeling expected in the first week?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Twinnama32
    on

I’m on day 5 I’m struggling, feel weak at bit lightheaded and a bit flat emotionally. Please tell me this will pass?!
    I used to 5:2 but needed a change after an extended stop/start attempt. Trying to reset my system as I have pcos so insulin resistant. Once I’ve nailed it (I hope!) I’ll revert to 5:2 but during 3 of the non fd will be low carb as that is definitely my weakness.
    I’m 12.5st today I think I was 12.8 on Monday (forgot to write it down and I’m so spaced out I can’t remember!) so starting with that figure. I’d like to get to 11st or 10.13 just for kicks!
    Any advice would be great.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Isn’t it interesting this carb flu – because that’s what it is – some people have headaches, others feel faint or dizzy, or weak or more obviously fluey.

So sorry you feel spaced out and flat but the great news is that this will pass, and it’s a sign that you’re kicking the carbs out of the park and resetting your hormones and will soon start to see the benefit!

Hang on in there! It will work! Drink loads, keep focused if you can on just getting through it and very very soon you will feel better!

Good luck 🙂

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi twin mama

Welcome to the club. I started Monday and feel like you do too. Weak, shaky, generally flat…..but not hungry!! I am assured it will pass. On day 6 now, as you are I guess, and feel ok. Bit better each day. Hang in there. Focus on how good you will feel when you break that 11 st barrier ❤️

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

I remember suffering horrible carb flu, must have been really addicted. You know the wonderful bit though? Once you hang in there and get through it, then every day after that, you get to not feel tired and desperate for a carb hit or caffeine hit to ‘fix’ how bad you feel constantly: because you won’t be addicted any more! And you won’t feel bad constantly! You will love this feeling, just hang in there a little bit longer and you’ll get there. Good luck x

• posted by Twinnama32
    on

Thanks all, feeling much better on day 7 than I did on days3/4! Flat feeling had gone which is a relief and so have most of the carb cravings, I’ve lost 6Ibs this week which is s huge motivator to carry on. What I’ve mainly noticed though is that I’m enjoying good so much more, everything is much better tasting when it’s not hidden in and amongst a plateful of carbs! Onwards and downwards…
    Good luck in week 2 topcoat 😊

• posted by topcac
    on

Good luck to you too twinnama! First official weigh in this morning and 7lbs melted away – feels GOOOOOOODDDD!!!!

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

I feel exactly the same, weak and light headed, but not hungry. Glad to hear it should pass soon. Carb flu is a great term for it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.