First week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Triumphsprint
    on

I was diagnosed with fatty liver and a blood sugar level which classed me as pre diabetic! A freind mention 8 week Blood Sugar Diet and I got the book. Fascinated by its contents, flying in the face of current advice and following both my wife and I reading the book, we decided to give it a go. One week later I have lost 12 and a half pounds and my wife 10 and a half pounds in weight. Currently no feelings of major hunger pangs, food is very tasty and filling.
    Looking forward to week 2!!!!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well done Triumphsprint and wife! Fabulous results, how encouraging is that!

Keep on with the BSD, whilst you will continue losing weight, it may slow down a bit, but your move to a better way of eating will bring all sorts of benefits, including – as you’ve said – additional enjoyment of your food!

I can honestly say that I now sit down to my dinner and enjoy every flavourful mouthful.

Keep posting on here there is lots of advice if you come across any snags or want encouragement – or want to encourage others! Use the search box at the top to find useful posts for anything you need.

PS not too much to lose for me, and not Type 2, but wanting control. In 7 weeks I am now 18lbs down which is more than 12% of my starting body weight. And feeling great. 🙂

• posted by Triumphsprint
    on

Third week 17 pounds lost but today Wednesday feel like I’ve fell off a cliff!!! Following the previous days of feeling the best I’ve felt in years. Today woke up with a light head, not feeling all there and completely got to me by the afternoon where I could have just gone to a pastry shop and eat the lot!!
    I didnt, but did buy a chunky KitKat and devoured it. Head ache most of the day, drank plenty of water so couldnt understand why I felt like I did. Even called into the doctors to check blood pressure to see if that was an issue but this seems normal (140/87). Need to keep an eye on this as I’m taking medication for this.
    Hope this is just a blip and all come back in the next day or so?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    did you have carb withdrawal symptoms in your first 2 weeks?
    That episode sounds just like them and may be a late onset.
    Chocolate, sugar, and other carbs while feeling like a quick fix will only prolong the side effects, it’s your bodies sneaky way of saying “I don’t want to burn fat, give me my carbs back”

Please log in or register to post a reply.