Finished

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

The Best Laid Plans

As you may know I weigh on a Monday, usually. Except for the day before my HbA1c when I weighed 11 – 08 – 08 total loss of 1 st 05 ln 12 oz]
    Now, that weight had passed my 10% weight loss target but anyone who has read my notes may have seen that I made two other targets –
    a) a total weight loss of 1 st 7 lb and
    b) a weight target of 11 st 07 lb.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and weighed 11 st 07 lb and 06 oz so second (new) target reached. I then struggled all day with an urge to stop the diet (more later). I made up my mind about 6 o’clock, I would have a few drinks (beer etc) and weigh in the morning.

3 drinks later, my OH phoned – she was at her Mums to say her Mum was being red-lit to hospital with all the symptoms of a stroke.

It is morning now, no news of her Mum as yet. Weight is 11st 06 lb 10 oz total weight loss of 01 st – 08 lb – 04 oz – third target reached and passed

I am finished after just six weeks

Thanks to everyone who helped and chatted to me on my journey.

I had the idea of writing about how – originally my visceral fat was my enemy and general weight loss was a very acceptable by-product. I soon became enamoured with the scales showing less and less and have started to understand how easy it is to become addicted to losing weight.

There is a lady I see quite often, she walks – quickly, wearing over-clothes (I guess to promote perspiration) and is so emaciated it nearly hurts to look at her. Yet – she walks! I am starting to know how she feels – seriously. I walked 3 times yesterday (before the news of mother in law) to try to hit my target 3. I had that feeling in my stomach as if I could feel the fat being burnt! All the time in my head I had the ‘other’ voice saying – why don’t you just keep with the diet – 11 stone target!

But news about mother in law has put that on the back burner. Just phoned hospital – all the news is – she didn’t sleep very well and Doctors haven’t seen her yet!

But I know I am finding it hard to even think of eating a normal meal! Not good. I liked the regime of the diet. Even now I am thinking about what low calorie breakfast I can have – or none at all!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh Ziggy I am sorry to hear about your MiL and wish her and you all the best possible news.

You are not in a state to think cogently at present – but I am not surprised to hear that your instinct is to keep control over the one thing you can at the moment, which is your calorie intake.

Have you also considered that your appetite is affected by your worry? I know that I do stop eating when something happens to my family – it’s both worry and also the feeling that it’s wicked to be stuffing my face when someone else is in trouble.

Why don’t you put all this BSD on one side and do what you need to do to support your OH and MiL

There is no sense in associating your current feelings with anything other than worry. Can’t believe after 6 weeks you’re on borderline anorexia.

So best wishes to you – we are all here if you need to vent.

Do what is necessary and so many congratulations on what you have achieved so far. The time will come when you can review and see what is best for you going forward.

Very best wishes and thinking of you all. Xx

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Thank you Igorsusual – always there for people.

Please log in or register to post a reply.