Finding a Doctor who understands the BSD and assists not hinders…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zendo
    on

How do I find a doctor who can join with me in monitoring my blood sugar and medications without using the conservative Diabetic Association’s guidelines, which are out of date and behind in research knowledge?

Zendo

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It’s a lottery Zendo, I’m lucky in that my GP practise is very supportive to diabetics but I have seen some nighmare posts on here about those who quite frankly, don’t give a fig.
    I would ring the surgery and ask if they have a dedicated diabetes nurse (far more important than a doctor IMHO) and, if they don’t, ring around until you find one that does. Either way, make an appointment with him or her and take the book along with you. Also print off the notes for professionals from this site and hand them over first, they give a quick, easy to understand brief on how it all works.
    You will get an instant reaction, be it positive or negative you will know where you stand.

• posted by Zendo
    on

Thanks… My doctor of nearly 20 years moved away but he is not too far away.. I will make an appointment to see him.. When he moved that is when the trouble started and unfortunately the system means we need them… For referrals, scripts etc. if that fails I will give what you say a go… I might do that anyway..

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

Zendo
    My Dr. had heard of Michael Mosley and remembered the documentary, but doesn’t believe in testing fasting blood sugar so I will have to special request an extra Hb1Ac after the 8 weeks. I don’t want to do home made testing. Interestingly my Dr. appears, ahem, very overweight in appearance. I am seeing the diabetes nurse soon to see if anything’s on offer, but judging by the telephone appointment chat she doesn’t approve of anything remotely Fast in a diet… we’ll see.
    I think the knowledge on here might be more helpful and supportive.
    My big concern is getting the diabetes diagnosis reversed to accompany what I *know* will be a lower and thus normal reading. Probably. I don’t want to be a diabetic when it comes to travel insurance etc on the strength of a reading which followed a long illness.

• posted by Zendo
    on

Thanks Jackie,

I think doctors are generally conservative and appear reluctant to take chances. I think, probably sensibly, they generalise as does the Diabetic Associations. I am still searching for a Doctor/Diabetic Nurse who understands Mosley’s principles. The travel issue is a concern. I have experienced that one also.

• posted by jimnz
    on

Fortunately, as I have already posted on another thread, our GP heard the interview on Radio NZ between Simon Morton and Michael Mosley. Thus when I went to see him last week, he was very much in favor of the process. Later that day, I emailed our doctor the link to the Australian Insight TV documentary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDEw561NFto

Showing that video to your GP should wipe their objections

Jim

• posted by Brightspark
    on

I saw my GP this week and she was amazed at how well I’ve done in just a couple of weeks. Her husband had been to a talk Mosley gave and she was very open to info on the BSD. She looked at the book and took the details and says she’s going to discuss recommending it to her patients. She’s also getting copies for medical staff at the surgery so they can have a good look and read.
    A success I think!

• posted by Zendo
    on

Good one Brightspark…

My experience has been similar except there is not so much excitement with the doctor… However I am on lower medication as a result… The excellent blood sugar results can’t be ignored…

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Brightspark, that’s very good news!:)

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Thanks Jim for posting that. Great programme. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.