Fell of the wagon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bloodysugar
    on

Don’t worry, not looking for sympathy just did. My main concern though is this and this has been an issue of mine for many years. If I over indulge in fatty, sugary foods, I often end up with diarrhoea and sometimes vomiting. It has been a problem for years, any thoughts?

• posted by Izzy
    on

My Dad suffers from diverticulitis and often has diarrhoea, he keeps a pack of tablets on him for such occasions, I believe they are called lopradine or something similar, ask at the pharmacy. If I feel sick it usually helps to lie down. I’ve no other suggestions but the boards are quiet at this time of day and didn’t want you feeling alone.

I hope that you are ok and it wasn’t something stressful that sent you off the wagon, well done for choosing to jump back on, that is the real secret.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello there Bloodysugar,

OMG i’ve used your name in vain so often these last few weeks, usually loudly and heavily emphasised. Hope the great pressure wave generated from said use was in no way responsible for your tumble from said wagon 🙂 😉

I’m not sure too many of us go through the programme without being unseated and having to climb back onto that bucking wagon, and yes, I’m fairly addicted to sugary things. Can’t say I’m over that, almost 6 weeks in. But I’ve come to see that the best thing is knowing that the wagon is there waiting.

Re your gut upsets from fatty, sugary foods – my only suggestion/question would be: have you had your gall bladder checked? Unpleasant for you, so good luck with solving the problem.

Please log in or register to post a reply.