Feeling Instantly Better

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Hello all.

I started the 800 yesterday, weighing in at 16 stone on the nose. This morning I weighed myself and I’m now 15 stone and 5 pounds.

I realise this is mostly water and weight won’t continue to come off at this rate, but I feel much better in myself – I instantly have more energy and feel much more alert and focussed.

This wasn’t entirely unexpected, I knew my weight was slowing me down quite badly but what’s remarkable is the speed with which my energy has returned. I was expecting my body to take a while to adjust, but instead it appears to be doing cartwheels at the fact I’ve stopped pumping it full of processed carbs.

Thanks to everyone that’s taken the time to post on this forum with their stories, advice and tips… in a world of processed frankenfoods this is place is a shining beacon of hope.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Good to hear MarcusB but be prepared for some carb withdrawal symptoms (not everyone gets them)
    They do clear after a few days then you should feel just like you do now.
    Best of luck on the plan, there is loads of support and advice available on the site but if there is anything you need to know, just ask.
    Keep posting your results, you have made a good start, lets see where you are a week from now.
    Welcome to the forums

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Thanks Bill that’s really useful to know. I do have one question:

Is it important to include complex carbs?

So far I’ve stuck to fish, veg, eggs and ‘good’ fats. Is there any particular reason I should be including complex carbs like chickpeas or pulses?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Marcus, I eat them in moderation as they do take longer to digest and, along with the fat intake, they do help to keep you feeling full for longer. The fibre also helps with the toilet thing but you really do need to keep your water intake up to at least 2 preferably 3 litres per day.
    It doesn’t have to be plain water, tea and coffee without sugar is ok as long as you count the milk in with your calories.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi Marcus, welcome!

I like beans and pulses because protein, fibre, feel full, what’s not to like? ๐Ÿ™‚

Added to vegetable soups/stews/curries they make a complete meal and I’m a huge fan of one-pot cooking. I’ve got some free time this weekend and I’m going to make up batches and freeze them.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Marcus,
    The ‘feel good’ factor is a huge incentive to keep going isn’t it? You may have a few days of carb flu, as Bill says, but hang on to that feeling of well being you get from not eating a carb heavy diet. Those simple carbs drain you of energy, physically and mentally.
    You do need the complex carbs that Bill and NewLife mention. Soups and stews are a great way to include them, add lentils, chick peas or beans. Make a skinny chilli or falafels. Soups and stews are good to keep on standby in the freezer to take to work, or just for those days when you’re busy and have no time, or no idea, what to cook.
    You’ve made a great start, I’m sure we will be following your progress with interest so keep posting ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Hi Marcus, I know exactly what you mean.
    I am on day 5 now but have been amazed at the difference this diet has made from day 1.
    Even though I have been having a few headaches I still am feeling fantastic.
    I can’t see myself wanting to go backto my old way of eating.
    Cheers
    Red.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done, Marcus.

I think just taking control of what we eat and knowing we’re doing something positive to help our health is enough to start us feeling better – and of course more benefits will kick in as we continue with the diet.

Worth having pulses to add a bit more variety to your diet as well as the reasons others have given.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

God I’m hearing that phrase on a daily basis now.
    Come on all you people who have spent years doing commercial weight loss diets.
    How many times have you heard anyone say that they can’t see themselves ever going back to eating the old way ?
    That ladies and gentlemen is why the BSD works so well. It isn’t just a diet, it really is a new lifestyle.

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Hey guys, thanks for all replies, it’s fantastic to hear so much positivity.

I finally got into the complex carbs yesterday. We hosted ten guests for a gathering and rather than have my own food separately I served a mezze of dishes from the BSD book (augmented by some french bread and butter for the guests). It was absolutely delicious! Guests came back for seconds, thirds… and even fourths in a couple of cases. The beetroot falafel proved to be a huge hit and disappeared faster than the bread.

I think DR MM might have accidentally written an amazing party food recipe book!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

That’s funny Marcus – I was thinking of doing something similar. Now I know it works. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.