False start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fitter4fifty
    on

Bother! Or words to that effect… I had started with a pretty fair 9 days of the fast 800 calories plan and was feeling pretty good. Then I lapsed and put on all the weight I had lost. Just gave in to cake at work, then a few bits of toast later it seemed I had gone right back to my habitual poor carb-heavy food choices. I have had a couple of weeks hating myself over this lapse but am back reading the book again and am trying to prepare for round two by involving the rest of the family in editing cupboards to reduce carbs and treats so I can start again. The worst thing is that I felt really well when I was on plan. Time to commit again I think!

• posted by Sandie
    on

What a good idea to get the family involved.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Now you know the downfalls I’m sure you will do great this time around πŸ™‚

Good Luck!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Lots of luck Fitter4fifty! You ll do great, if you can make it to 9 days you’ll have no problem getting into it again πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by glevesque
    on

Oh, I’m so sorry this happened to you. Will be interested in hearing if you lose the weight more quickly this time. My thinking? This “fall” disrupted your body’s momentum, and maybe it will realize that this “new” weight doesn’t belong. Here’s hoping! You did it before, you can do it again! I have to ask…just one piece of cake ruined it? I’m wondering if carbs are so dangerous that I won’t be able to eat any again? I’m not sure I would want a life without some carbs…Someone – PLEASE – reassure me this isn’t the case…PLEASE!!! I’m sticking to the diet by telling myself that someday I WILL be able to eat a chocolate bar again.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Actually, you can have chocolate on the BSD! Just have the good kind: dark, 72-85 percent, and not too much! It’s pretty low carb and it’s good for you!πŸ˜„ and, from 13 weeks vantage point, I can assure you there is chocolate in your future! I am finding it possible now to eat a few more of my favorite things and am still slowly losing weight. I struggled a bit in the first six weeks, but the habit of eating less is getting stronger everyday and even when I blow it (it just happens!) I am able to get right back to it the next day. That seems to be the key — just start back up again. Do it badly. Do it kicking and screaming. But just do it! I am proof it works brilliantly and I was no poster-child for doing it perfectly😜 Hang in there!

• posted by Fitter4fifty
    on

Thanks for the encouragement guys.It helps to get your support as well as the family of course. I will post when I have some measurable results. I’ve been reading lots of posts today, trying to regain a focused mindset and later I am going to go back to my journal that I started the first time and write down my reasons for following the BSD. >:D<

Please log in or register to post a reply.