exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bbbillyboyyy
    on

Should I do the strength exercises (push ups, squats etc) on the same day as the HIIT? or alternate days? Does it matter? Also…Michael mentions planks – for 10 seconds….does this mean hold it for ten and do 10 reps? (and two to three sets of this in total?)….or just hold it for ten for one rep only? (and two to three sets in total of that?) or what?
    I just found the explanation in the book a bit ambiguous that’s all.

Thanks lovely people 😀

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi bbbillyboyyy,
    I don’t do HIIT at all because I’m too lazy but I do push ups and planks and 10000 steps a day. Not doing them the way it says in the book (I forgot they were mentioned in the book) or on any evidenced basis at all, it just seemed better to do something rather than nothing. I started with 20 sec planks and added 5 sec a week and now up to 1 min and don’t intend to increase any more. I only do 1! But since starting them about 3 months ago there’s been a definite increase in muscle tone in my core, both belly and midriff. Push ups- only started a few weeks ago, started with 1 and now up to 5 and aiming for 10. My upper body strength is crap but improving.

I do them Mon-Fri and have a break on the weekend, mainly because I forget to be honest.

Probably not terribly helpful! I can only say that even though my ‘regime’ is so pathetic It seems to be effective for me.

Please log in or register to post a reply.