Eating out help!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sooz83
    on

Hi,
    I’ve just realised that I am going to be at the end of week 5 of this diet when I will have to go out for my Grandad’s 90th birthday. Obviously this is a big one and something that I can’t miss. The restaurant he has chosen does a mix of English food (roasts I think) and what they call ‘Mediterranean grill’. Their website is down and I don’t live anywhere near it so can’t check the menu out any further. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can eat that won’t cause too much damage? I’m a vegetarian who eats fish. The meal is booked for 4pm, so should I maybe skip lunch? (I don’t want to do this if possible because I normally don’t believe in skipping meals!)
    TIA for the advice X

• posted by Izzy
    on

You could call the restaurant and ask. Fish is often breaded or battered so I know it could be tricky. I’d phone rather than guess or assume.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Sooz
    Mediterranean grill could be OK – it might be simple grilled fish with a salad option – or grilled halloumi
    no starter or desert – or if you do have a starter, opt for something like smoked salmon. You could call ahead as Izzy has suggested – or see if its on tripadvisor – or google other reviews that will indicate what the menu is like – or does the person that made the booking know?.

4pm is early to be eating – I often eat lunch pretty close to that! If you don’t want to skip lunch, have something light – boiled egg? I just had olives and 10g of cashews for my lunch. The other option could be to have a late breakfast, and skip lunch – call it brunch, then it’s by design rather than skipping a meal.

Please log in or register to post a reply.