Drops in sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

I know bit about sugar spikes but what about drops ?
    As I’m not eating sugar foods how do I get it back up if I get those shakes ,,or do you go through it,is that the diabetic coma thing I read about
    I’m type two on third day on this
    Many thanks one again folks Alan

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Alan
    diabetic comas are more a type 1 thing unless you get really low blood sugar readings.
    The accepted practise if you do have a hypo (under 3.9 on the meter and may cause dizziness, perspiration and light headedness, you will know it without needing to read your sugar) is to swallow a glucose tablet or have a glass of milk with a biscuit or 2 and then test your blood when you are feeling better.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Thanks ever so must for that clear helpful piece of positive advice bill1954
    I’m taking blood readings each day which I’ve never done before,hopefully they’ll come down.
    Day three ,weekend I ate correct food but too much,learning fast
    Cheers Alan

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Here’s another I don’t get
    In the morning it’s higher but I thought it was the sugar/glucose made it high and if I’ve not eaten all night shouldn’t it drop ?
    Also after five hours of a subway chicken salad bowl it’s only 6.7.

And lastly if I’ve not eaten sugary foods for 3 days why do I feel so damn good already ? Weird.
    Not tired feel alert
    Maybe psychological 🤔
    Once again many thanks from a newbie
    Alan

Please log in or register to post a reply.