Doctor Happy for me to Continue

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Whitwhoooooo. Seen my doctor today and told him everything about the diet (I only told him I was going on a strict diet before), low carbs, 800 calories everything. I was so afraid he was going to tell my I was stupid and tell me to stop. But he didn’t. He is fully on board, thrilled with my results and happy for me to continue.

He asked me what I ate, was I hungry, didn’t I feel weak etc. I had typed a list of 5 days worth of meals in total and told him if my salad was courgette or red pepper it is usually a whole courgette or red pepper. Lots of the good stuff. I explained about the carbs with a list of what I don’t eat and a list of what I consider to be my good carbs. Then there is my full fat everything, no more diet yogurts or low fat cheese or cream. He was convinced and made no negative ums or ahs about it.

I told him I have reduced my Glicazide, he said OK. Told him I have reduced insulin from 40 units to 26, he said OK. He took my weight and saw I have lost just under 5 kg since my last visit to him and he is happy with my HBA1c, Cholesterol and Triglycerides. He read ‘The Notes for Doctors’ I provided him with from the research team and he said he was not happy to reduce my blood pressure meds as for him my BP was the same as usual. I told him it was down to 115/60 at home and he said that was okay as long as I don’t have weakness or dizziness. He will review that again in three months along with all my other numbers.

He took a note of Prof. Taylor’s name and said he would be interested to read the research. One more doctor on board.

Onwards and downwards. Or as I usually say, keep on keeping on.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant and Brilliant – all except the white coat syndrome with the BP sunshine-girl.

I had a lower BP than that and did get very faint and dizzy and weak so watch out for your BP dropping too much it it does you might have to drop the BP meds.

But – one word sums up your visit to the doctor – Brilliant 😎

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks Ziggy, but I don’t have white coat syndrome but think my husband does. I am an ex-nurse so don’t get phased about medical matters I have had big B/P for over 20 years when I was having a really bad day at work with a really bad boss and walked out and across the road to the doctors surgery. I told the nurse to take my B/P as I felt as if the top of my head was going to come off. She took it and it was 220/180 and she nearly pooped her panties and ran to get the doctor. There followed lots of test, spent 2 days in hospital and then was sent home with Atenonol and taken off HRT So the high B/P has nothing to do with seeing a doctor although he is quite dishy and my heart goes boom diddy boom diddy boom diddy boom – oh doctor I’m in trouble (that’s showing my age.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Well as an ex-nurse you would know about white coat syndrome sunshine-girl

Had my bloods taken for Hba1c today, plus weighed, urine sample tested for kidney function albumen test??, feet tested for feeling, BP taken – normal (hadn’t taken a BP tablet today either and had been fasting overnight)

Asked Practice Nurse how I would know if I was not diabetic and she said if you are below 42 mmol – then checked and said but you were 38 mmol your last Hba1c! Guess I will have to buy a testing kit and do a home OGTT!

Bad news – I won’t get to see my diabetes GP (who is leaving very shortly!!) for results until Wed 24th August by which time I may be off this diet 😎

Please log in or register to post a reply.