Do you announce your changes on social media?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nomoresugarhighs
    on

I’m thinking of publicly outing myself on Facebook as doing this thing because then people can call me on it if I lapse. But I know at least 100 people will do the ‘are you mad, you don’t need to lose any weight’ thing and I’ll have various relatives wibbling about whether or not I’m ‘going too far’ (because that’s what they do).

On the other hand there are a lot of my friends who would give me good support and also (probably after Christmas) join me.

So do you/would you make a public commitment on the social media of your choice?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I just posted the link to MMs book and this site and left it to speak for itself. Most of my friends and family know I am doing this diet so I dont have to announce it, in fact I bore them to death with it and hubby bans me from speaking about it when we go out. That’s okay because I ban him from talking about the RAF (and the good old days) or trips up the A9 to Scotland (what is it with men and roads).

• posted by LindaA
    on

I’m with Sunshine girl. I have a hard enough time fending off well meaning people tell me ‘you’re getting too skinny’ and ‘just one won’t hurt’ and ‘everything in moderation’ to advertise it to the world.
    I’ve chosen to give up refined carbs and sugar and processed food forever. My close family and friends know what’s going on and my husband backs me up if I give him the signal that someone is pissing me off when I try and explain the what and how😀
    I too have shared stuff and let them draw their own conclusions.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by nomoresugarhighs
    on

Interesting – because I know I get the ‘you are too thin’ from my partner and from my parents (my parents are NOT thin decidedly and I think feel a bit guilty about my struggles with food). My partner just wishes I was rounder but respects my wishes not to be diabetic so is broadly supportive.

I haven’t, yet. But I might do so in a few days. We shall see.

Please log in or register to post a reply.