Diarrhoea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Caufield
    on

Hi, so sorry to be so graphic, but only on day 3 of blood sugar diet, and had violent diarrhea all three days!! Only the one bout each day, but still pretty grim!! Anyone else have this? Or perhaps it doesn’t agree with me

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Caufield, sounds like a bug rather than an effect from the diet although it is possible your body doesn’t like change. What exactly have you been eating, has it been something you don’t normally have or might have an intolerance to.

• posted by Ragz134
    on

I had this on week one. It went. Make sure you get plenty of fibre.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It may be related to the gut microbiology, and if so it is a good sign. The diet should support a healthy gut bacteria population, maybe try giving it a bit of help with some live yoghurt etc.

• posted by Libbyohno
    on

Hiya! Only just seen this but I also had this issue last weekend when I was a couple of weeks in. We had a party where Lasagne and Garlic bread where on offer – Sides of olives and cold cut meats like Parma ham and salami – so I overindulged on Olives and Ham. Think I overloaded my system with too much of the same thing!

Haven’t had a problem since then! Hope you are feeling better!!

• posted by Tesselate
    on

same here yesterday and today, days 3 and 4, and i’m thinking it’s all the full fats .. I don’t usually have much dairy and I’ve had quite a bit of full fat yogurt this week.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

It’s hard to tell if it is the BSD or a bug. Had several class members ill with diarrhoea and tummy issues before half term – so there has definitely been something going around here.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

The body often rebels when faced with a new regime but it is not a sign that that diet is not for you. Take some Imodium (or get the unbranded version, exactly the same but cheaper). If it doesn’t stop or calm down in a few days you might have a bug but they too can clear themselves. Some people get the opposite effect and suffer from constipation.

• posted by ChubbySophie
    on

So glad I found this!! I’m on day 5 and on day 3 and 4 I had this awfully in the evening, it was like acid shooting out of me 😬 at least now I know it’s related to the diet, fingers crossed it’s gone!

• posted by Frog
    on

Each time I’ve started the diet (a couple of years ago, and a month ago) I’ve had diarrhoea within the first two or three days – fist time I took immodium or similar, this time i let things take their course.
    Worse the first time around – but largely the reason for not taking anything this time was that previously (and again this time) I veer towards being a bit constipated once the diarrhoea stage is over- I do find consuming enough fibre hard with BSD a bit of a challenge.
    I don’t think its necessarily eating full fat specifically, but any major change in your food intake makes your body need to adjust a bit. I’ve not eaten low fat stuff in many years, and if you’re keeping to 800 calories the amount of fat you have is pretty limited anyway.
    Three days does sound like a long time though – I’d take some immodium or similar non-branded medication.
    Avoid rehydration sachets – loads of sugar in them, but do drink loads of water.

Please log in or register to post a reply.