Decided to do a food diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by thistimeiwillsucceed
    on

Hi

Day 2 went ok but I think I may have over eaten the sunflower seeds? For breakfast I had yoghurt, sunflower seeds and blueberries, for lunch salad and wafer thin ham (2.5 slices) followed by yoghurt, sunflower seeds and strawberries, then snacked on a few strawberries. For evening I had home made soup, no spuds, some Tesco deli turkey with stuffing and ate quite a bit of that. I drank through the day herbal/fruit teas.

Day 3 has begun and this morning I weighed my yoghurt which is full fat natural Yeo, and I had 150gms yoghurt, 15 gms sunflower seeds and 20gms blueberries. I will have salad home made and some more turkey with stuffing and then probably more yoghurt as before.

Now am I staying on track and is natural yoghurt ok? 100gms of the yoghurt is 82 cals so not so bad.

I am still finding my way and have bought a BSD recipe book which should come today. Yesterday and today have been/are difficult as today is the last day (last year) that I spoke to my son Paul whose 1st anniversary of death is tomorrow. But on a positive note I do not feel deprived at all and can cope without sugar and bread etc. At least that is on the 3rd day —watch this space.

Thanks. Mary

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there
    Good planning, I tend to have fage Greek total yog full fat obviously cannot abide the runny nat yog very sour, but I find Greek total like clotted cream with strawberries it’s like a cream tea feast without the scone. If you are in uk it’s the navy and white squat tub expensive, but lush. Also Greek is higher in protein so more of an appetite pleaser.
    Keep posting.
    JanπŸ…πŸ“πŸ“

on

Hi greenjanet thanks for that. I just checked my calorie book and discovered that sunflower seeds are terribly high in both cals and carbs. Can you recommend an alternative please? I will definitely try that one it sounds yummy. Am I eating too much yoghurt ? I think I will stay off the sunflower seeds, pity as I have loads left.
    Thanks for help much appreciated mary

• posted by greenjanet
    on

No I have 100g fage its 96 cals and 3.5 carbs, if you are in the uk you could try’ myfitnesspal ‘ app it counts everything and so much more, also logs it all for you. Or you will have an alternative app, but this one is easy to use after a little play around.
    πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…

on

Thank you. I will try that app. Just got a smart phone so can do. Yes in the UK, Suffolk.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh yes meant to say earlier, not used any seeds, yet, but sesame seeds are bonkers, have you looked them up, horrendously high. I’m on warfarin so seeds are a bit of an antidote food.
    Happy eating. πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes seeds are high, but you only need a very little of them, so the impact on your daily intake is pretty low. I quit often have a few grams of Tahini on yogurt or as a salad dressing, as a little goes a long way and it’s tasty too.

on

Hi SunnyB and greenjanet
    thanks for this about seeds. I was going to throw them out but see now that if I only have a few grams that should be ok. Day 3 went well and had strawberries as a treat lovely. Had veg soup last night and indulged in some more yoghurt and blueberries as a snack and a small amount of sunflower seeds.
    Today I have had yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast and a cup of real coffee firstly with microwaved milk but found milk was off so had one with a dash of evaporated milk. I am not following it today as it is the first anniversary of my youngest son’s death who drowned in France near Biarritz last year. So a very difficult day for us both and his siblings.RIP. So will tune in again later today and report how today has gone. Thanks for all your help peoples. Mary

• posted by greenjanet
    on

My thoughts are with you all. πŸ’œ

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thinking of you. I too lost my son, so understand a little of how it feels.

on

Hi
    Day 5 and back on track. Yesterday emotionally was fine, a couple of sad thoughts but a good day really. Did not keep to it, knew I wouldn’t. a latte coffee and half a slice of millionaires shortbread, friend bought and wanted to share. Lunch late was ploughmans with cheese, ham and hock. Had 2 slices of home made bread, some butter and a little pickle. For drink I had sparkling water with a slice of lemon and another coffee. Then indulged in a large slice of coffee and walnut cake yummy. Had yoghurt with fresh blueberries last night. Oh forgot had some tesco make jelly babies third of a pack.
    Today have had two coffees with a bit of milk and yoghurt with fresh blueberries. Have been to pre diabetic clinic where was weighed but not too bad, blood pressure all right. She was pleased I was taking it seriously and said to carry on. Had a thought spiralising courgettes and carrots should be ok I hope. So having veg soup for lunch and will try courgette spaghetti with a tomato and pepper mixture to top. Hope that will be good. Thanks everyone Mary

• posted by greenjanet
    on

So pleased for you, that yesterday was a supportive day for you. keep up the good work, one meal at a time.
    Regards
    JanπŸ’œ

Please log in or register to post a reply.