Day 6 – Seeing Results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SMcG71
    on

Hi everyone, just thought I’d throw in my reflections at the start of Day 6 for anyone at the same point in the journey. Been on the BSD (or near enough…a few recipe tweaks here and there) since Saturday 13 August 2016.

Current Meds
    Four metformin a day at the moment, and one simvastatin tablet.

Weight Results
    Starting weight 198.6 pounds, have lost 4 so far.

Fasting Blood Sugar
    13 Aug – 9.5 Mmol/L
    18 Aug (Today ) – 7.1 MMol/L

Felt a bit head-achey and faint for the first three days, but day 4 and 5 felt a LOT more alert, clear-headed and less ‘congested’ (tended to suffer from blocked up sinuses a lot, but this is improving a lot).

Enjoying the foods, lots of feta salad for lunches at the moment, yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, chicken or fish with salad/veg, snacking on nuts (pint nuts or walnuts). Hoping to get some ideas on here for adding more variety after the first week.

Before starting I was afraid about how I’d feel on the BSD. Coping much better than I thought I would with no bread, cereals, rice or pasta at all. Understandable to feel a bit of trepidation, but really worth going for it. I’m glad I started and touch wood I’ll be able to persevere.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SMcG71

Welcome to the BSD and the forum. Sounds like you are off to a good start and you will find that the longer you are on the BSD, the easier it is to stick with it. There are lots of recipes on the recipe section of the website and lots of ideas on various threads on the forum, where people share what they have been eating.

If you stick with the principle of the BSD, it is quite easy to create dishes for yourself – just keep an eye on carbs as well as calories.

Be sure to post your results to let us know how you are doing and shout if you need advise or support – there are plenty of lovely people on here who will respond.

Please log in or register to post a reply.