Day 3!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

So Day 3 and at weigh in this morning it’s a loss of 2.5lbs so not too bad! Need lunch ideas please, i’m already sick of tuna salad and would normally eat sandwiches or jacket potato when at work. Only had an apple and a few mixed nuts so far today! Must admit my stomach doesn’t feel as hollow as yesterday and already my trousers feel looser, i also wasn’t as bloated by the end of the day. 8 weeks feels like forever at the moment but 1 day at a time!!

• posted by SweetOnion
    on

Hi,

I’m on day 4. I’ve been having salad with left overs, today was chicken, yesterday was lamb chop and Monday was chopped steak. I’m going to try the frittatas tomorrow to take to work and eat cold. Then it’s back to chicken salad! Like you I would love some other ideas, working and only having a microwave, my lunches need to be lunchbox friendly.

Good luck with your journey. I’ve lost already and like you I don’t feel bloated.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi ClairyB,
    Hmmm….lunch ideas for work…..no- carb ploughman’s lunch (recipe in BSD book)…..boiled eggs and salad…..hommus and celery sticks (or any other raw veg that you like). One of my favorites is to make frittata in muffin tins (easy portion control) and have it with salad (I have access to a microwave to gently heat the frittata). Soup to either re-heat and eat or take in a suitable thermos flask.
    There’s probably millions of other ideas.
    One day at a time is a great strategy. Best wishes.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Re lunch ideas – I copied this out from a really helpful post but I sadly cannot remember who posted it! I will try and search for it but haven’t used the search process before, as I really must credit the fabulous person who put it on the forum!

Hope it helps – but remember, don’t credit me with the inventiveness!

1. Frittata – it can be made the evening before and kept in the fridge. There is a recipe in the book but you can ring your own changes, add bacon instead of chickpeas or some cheese sprinkled on top before placing the pan under the grill.
    2. Dips and crudite – there are five dip recipes in the book and make a lovely packed lunch. Or ring the changes and add some chopped spring onion and a teaspoon of curry powder to a mix of cream cheese and yoghurt.
    3. Salad – a few leaves and salad veg of your choice with any of the following: tinned tuna or salmon, smoked salmon or other smoked fish, chicken, egg, ham, bean, cheese or any combination!
    4. Homemade coleslaw – prepare your carrot, onion and cabbage. Keep it in a sealed bag or container then each day mix some plain full fat yoghurt ( I add mustard too) into the amount of slaw you are having for lunch, then mix in the ingredients of your choice – walnuts, cheese, apple, celery, chicken etc.
    5. Soups – make up home made soups during your weekend and heat and place in flask to take to work – or in a container if you have access to a microwave.
    6. No carb ploughmans the recipe is in the book.
    7. Full fat yoghurt with a twist of seeds and berries to add at work.
    8. Half an avocado and a boiled egg just sprinkle some lemon juice or vinegar on the avocado to prevent it turning brown.
    9. Medi platter – the recipe is in the book
    10. Lettuce cups – there are three recipes in the book, they can easily be put into a container for work.
    11. Cottage cheese – add your own favourites from the typical BSD foods – a bit of diced smoked salmon and cucumber is tasty. There are more ideas in the book.
    12. Ham rolls – not that kind of roll! Spread some cream cheese on some ham and roll it up in a large lettuce leaf!
    13. Nuts and apple – if you are in a hurry grab a handful of nuts ( watch the calories) and an apple. Or a small piece of cheese and an apple.
    14. Courgette bhaji – just as nice cold. The recipe is on the website.
    15. Chickpea flour flat breads – the recipe is on the website, eat with your choice of food – treat it as a wrap.
    16. Red pepper rolls – Posted by Alibaba – (1 red pepper halved and filled with hummus, fresh coriander, cucumber, feta, a sprinkle of mixed seeds, black pepper & a squeeze of lemon juice)
    17. Coconut flatbreads – nice with some yoghurt and berries ( see website for recipe)

Please log in or register to post a reply.